Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
thanks guys. I built a 28 gauge coil at 1.6 ohms and am getting similar results at 10-14 watts. Should I be using a thicker diameter like 3 or 3.5mm? This is very frustrating. Thanks again

No, your coil's ID shouldn't be much bigger than the airflow hole diameter in the deck of your atty. Rule of thumb. 2-2.5mm ID is ideal for Kayfuns; your build is fine. Something else is going on.

ETA: if you're used to .2Ω builds on an rda at 80+ watts, a kayfun may not be your thing...

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
thanks guys. I built a 28 gauge coil at 1.6 ohms and am getting similar results at 10-14 watts. Should I be using a thicker diameter like 3 or 3.5mm? This is very frustrating. For instance if I go back to my aspire nautilus, theres much much more flavor. I really must be doing something wrong. Thanks again
Your build is fine. 1.2-2.2 will work well. So, first, air flow. Set it to a restricted lung hit/airy MtL hit.

2nd make sure your coil is no more than 2mm above the air hole, any higher and flavor starts to drop off.

3rd short wick tails just touching the deck.

4th. Relax. Long slow drags -5sec or more

5th. If using cotton, give it at least a half tank to break in then consider adjusting. Rdas only take a couple hits to break in. Tanks take a bit more.

6th. Try rayon. I can send you some of my 500ft roll if you want some to try.

Uncle00Jesse

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
NY
Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. I think I may delved into a part of the vape world I wasn't ready for but I am going to try and make it work. I am really spoiled by the flavor of super subohm builds in rdas I guess. I realize now that what I like the most the aftertaste. Using a sweet juice for example and being able to taste it well after I take a draw. I bought the kayfun because I've been missing marlboro smooths lately. Weird because I haven't had one in well over a year. I don't have a good menthol juice on me right now but I'll grab some tomorrow. I guess I just panicked when I tried my goto sweet juice and it tasted nothing like the rda. I should have known/done more research.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. I think I may delved into a part of the vape world I wasn't ready for but I am going to try and make it work. I am really spoiled by the flavor of super subohm builds in rdas I guess. I realize now that what I like the most the aftertaste. Using a sweet juice for example and being able to taste it well after I take a draw. I bought the kayfun because I've been missing marlboro smooths lately. Weird because I haven't had one in well over a year. I don't have a good menthol juice on me right now but I'll grab some tomorrow. I guess I just panicked when I tried my goto sweet juice and it tasted nothing like the rda. I should have known/done more research.
Anytime. Just remember it's not a dripper and you have to think a bit different and vape a bit different, but you can get just as good of a vape. You also have to remember that if your vaping juice made for a sub ohm dripper it wont translate well to a tootle tank. Mainly because the difference in amount of flavoring and the volume of vapor. If you took your high vg juice and went to a higher pg blend the flavor will be better with the same amount of flavoring.

When I taste juice on my dripper I have it set like I build my tanks. That way I know the taste will be similar.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Hand in there. I vape both ways, and have found out a few things.

1. Juices that taste good at 0.2 ohms don't taste that good in a kayfun..the opposite is true also. I have two different sets of juices for the two styles of vaping.

2. Where anything over 3 nic on a subohm dripper just tastes super strong with way too much throat hit (for me anyway), 6 nic on a kayfun provides throat hit that actually accents the juice flavor.

3. While it's possible to run 70+ vg juices through kayfuns, the sweet spot for flavor is really more around 50/50 or even favoring PG. High VG juices in a kayfun just taste like VG to me.

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk on my Nexus 6...

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hand in there. I vape both ways, and have found out a few things.

1. Juices that taste good at 0.2 ohms don't taste that good in a kayfun..the opposite is true also. I have two different sets of juices for the two styles of vaping.

2. Where anything over 3 nic on a subohm dripper just tastes super strong with way too much throat hit (for me anyway), 6 nic on a kayfun provides throat hit that actually accents the juice flavor.

3. While it's possible to run 70+ vg juices through kayfuns, the sweet spot for flavor is really more around 50/50 or even favoring PG. High VG juices in a kayfun just taste like VG to me.

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk on my Nexus 6...
Agreed!!!

Reactions: gnees

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Good Mornin' everyone ♫

Kayfuns Line1 Small.jpg

The Evolution of a Revolution (2012-2016, R to L) / www.svoemesto.de

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Not yet, I'm going to wait for some of the user reviews. Maybe next month. :)
Understood...

I call it My Dracula Tank, cause it sucked the juice right outa these others!!!

bd5c9d5838b5116bfee4cbf2a55e7e84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Super T Precise Simplicity 18500 with the K3 Mini :)

She's now at 1.0Ω with 26g - stunning vape!

mA0O0T1.jpg

KGCva3b.jpg

Looks great but could you please turn the page in the book and take another picture. I'm getting interested in the story.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Tracking shows my V3 arrived at the PO this morning. Tomorrow delivery for sure. So far two thumbs up for Origin Vapes. :thumb::thumb:

Since Wednesday I've been using my V3 steady and so far no leaking or gurgling at all. The beauty ring on my Radius is dry as a bone not even any moisture has built up. This is one finely machined atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread