Noisy Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
So I am getting my first mech delivered tomorrow. In case you couldn't tell it is the Noisy Cricket mod. I usually build dual coil rdas which range from .2 up to .4 ohms. But I am guessing it is better to use a single coil build to make sure the ohms is high enough. Wanted to get opinions of what others though?

Just got my #tuglyfe competition tugboat v2 cap in the mail and loving it too.
0c7fc4562657d78ec7184abbaa1870f0.jpg

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
So I am getting my first mech delivered tomorrow. In case you couldn't tell it is the Noisy Cricket mod. I usually build dual coil rdas which range from .2 up to .4 ohms. But I am guessing it is better to use a single coil build to make sure the ohms is high enough. Wanted to get opinions of what others though?

Just got my #tuglyfe competition tugboat v2 cap in the mail and loving it too.
0c7fc4562657d78ec7184abbaa1870f0.jpg
Oh yea, i also got a Vulcan heat sink to help make sure there is never a hard short. Added protection for any rda i have questions about. I like the adjustable center pin.

Reactions: KentA

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
You can do single coil sure, but dual coil is perfectly viable... You build sorta like if it was a high-wattage regulated mod i.e. you can use many more wraps for added surface-area(flavor/vapor/th) than on single-cell or dual-parallel mechs, as you have twise the voltage available... Also, dual coil will get you a cooler vape for the high voltage...

Check out the noisy-cricket thread in this sub-forum to get opinions on the mod and build...

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The only real difference is now you will be building at higher ohm rates to avoid over amping the batteries... You won't need low ohms to get high watts anymore. 1 coil or 10 per atty doesn't matter, what matters is the amps you are drawing. Build to Maximize surface area and minimize amp draw, you'll do fine. That last parts is really the same

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
So needing some guidance, I got lg he4 batteries that are rated for 20 amps. I have tried using the ohm app for android and just not to sure if i am using it correctly. I know the builds if i keep them above .2 i should be ok with the amperage draw but just want to make sure i am self sufficient with the coil building. Like i built a 1.23 ohm clapton tonight. So with my noisy crocket putting out 8.4 v if im correct means my amp draw is like 6 or 7. Well under the 20. I thank you to whomever just help make it click with lower ohm builds.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Oh yea, i also got a Vulcan heat sink to help make sure there is never a hard short. Added protection for any rda i have questions about. I like the adjustable center pin.

Hugh??? How does a heat sink, prevent a short? Seems to me if anything it just adds 1 more potential point for shorts, voltage loss, and contact issues.

Just get good batteries. remember the voltage is doubled NOT the AMP draw. 2 x volts (weakest battery) @ 1 x #amps again lowest/weakest battery)

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
So needing some guidance, I got lg he4 batteries that are rated for 20 amps. I have tried using the ohm app for android and just not to sure if i am using it correctly. I know the builds if i keep them above .2 i should be ok with the amperage draw but just want to make sure i am self sufficient with the coil building. Like i built a 1.23 ohm clapton tonight. So with my noisy crocket putting out 8.4 v if im correct means my amp draw is like 6 or 7. Well under the 20. I thank you to whomever just help make it click with lower ohm builds.

Keep it above 0.4, even at 0.5 it's rowdy as hell.

I found my sweet spot is 0.7

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
Hugh??? How does a heat sink, prevent a short? Seems to me if anything it just adds 1 more potential point for shorts, voltage loss, and contact issues.

Just get good batteries. remember the voltage is doubled NOT the AMP draw. 2 x volts (weakest battery) @ 1 x #amps again lowest/weakest battery)
The heat sink has an adjustable center post. So worrying about the center post not being long enough kind of thing.

Reactions: Mikey6

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The heat sink has an adjustable center post. So worrying about the center post not being long enough kind of thing.

That adjustable center post is the potential point OF a hard short. i was thinking of. It's purpose is to aid the connection. Connections are the source of shorts. That adjustable part has big risk for hard shorting.

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
That adjustable center post is the potential point OF a hard short. i was thinking of. It's purpose is to aid the connection. Connections are the source of shorts. That adjustable part has big risk for hard shorting.
The vulcan heat sinks center post is adjustable in bot the inside and outside part by screq. Guess i am just not seeing how this would be a complication of a hard short. Properly insulated and well made. Where would the hard short be?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The vulcan heat sinks center post is adjustable in bot the inside and outside part by screq. Guess i am just not seeing how this would be a complication of a hard short. Properly insulated and well made. Where would the hard short be?

The screws for one. Just pointing out the every connection point in the circuit between the neg side and pos side of the battery is a potential point for a hard short. The heat sink adds at least 2, maybe more depending on how you count the adjustment screws. The farther out from seated the more risk the screws present.

The heat sink is there to disapate heat, it does not protect you electrically. Electrically it is a weak point.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Welll the way the vulcan is built if can handle tanks and rdas. Not that im planning on putting a tank on a mech it is good to know i could do it safely with regards to the center pin short. That is what i was seeing as the safety benefit of it.

This still makes no sense too me. Are you saying, you think a tank is more likely to have connection issues than a dripper? How would adding a Movable pin between the pins of the atomizer and the mod, reduce the chance of a short. Sure the adjustable pin will allow you too make a connection between 2 item with pins that are not long enough to make contact. But it is not preventing a short, as there can be NO short without a connection.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This still makes no sense too me. Are you saying, you think a tank is more likely to have connection issues than a dripper? How would adding a Movable pin between the pins of the atomizer and the mod, reduce the chance of a short. Sure the adjustable pin will allow you too make a connection between 2 item with pins that are not long enough to make contact. But it is not preventing a short, as there can be NO short without a connection.

You are arguing semantics.
Firing your atty is a "short".

The heat sink with a protruding positive contact provides a center pin and insulator.
This is a safety measure some people use, because pinless mods can be more dangerous.
It does however defeat the purpose of buying a pinless mod.

Reactions: 93gc40

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
You are arguing semantics.
Firing your atty is a "short".

The heat sink with a protruding positive contact provides a center pin and insulator.
This is a safety measure some people use, because pinless mods can be more dangerous.
It does however defeat the purpose of buying a pinless mod.

OK, now I get it... I forgot the Cricket was a semi-hybrid mod.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
It is not a hybrid.

"Pinless" or "direct to battery".

Hybrids do not have 510 threads.
Noisy cricket is a hybrid series and does have 510 threads. The center post does make direct contact to battery.

Edit: Wismecs website states:
Special Linkage Set: The linkage at the baseboard, along with the hybrid adaptor, works well with 510 connectors of different lengths, which greatly increases the suitability of the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread