Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thank you both :) you have both been very helpful :) so one last question, I cannot get a sub ohm tank on my ileaf? Not even the lowest form of sub haha
The short answer is no. Your iStick will not fire a coil below .9 ohms. That is, technically, subohm, but not by a lot and AFAIK you'd have to buy an RTA and coil it yourself to get there. Most prefab coil tanks don't offer coils in that range. They're either .2-.5ish, or 1.2-2.4 ohms. Moving up to an iStick 30 would get you there; it will fire down to about .4Ω or so. Here's a link to the Steam Engine Mod Range page; click the upper left box, select "Eleaf iStick" and you'll see the range of coils your machine will fire, at what wattage, on a graph to the right. Then select the Eleaf iStick 30 and you'll see the difference. There are any number of good tanks for which you can get .5Ω coils, but be aware getting the most vapor from them will require you to change from mouth-to-lung to direct lung vaping. Some people like that, others don't.

Edit: You can move down into the 1.2Ω range and it will make the full 20 watts on your mod; that would help. But you'd need a different tank than the Nauti.

Reactions: Toronnah

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
If you are using high VG, you may have problems with wicking on the Nautilus. The Eleaf GS Air and GS Air M come with 1.5 ohm coils. They wick better than the Nautilus coils because they have larger holes.

You will get decent clouds and flavor with either the Nautilus or the GS Air but not cloud chaser clouds.

A good search engine for vaping equipment Vapecrawler

Reactions: suprtrkr

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi all, I'm newish to vaping and have purchased the ileaf 20w, I have an aspire k1 tank, is there any other tank I can get which is better, (bigger clouds) :) and what type of liquid ratio can I use on my ileaf, thank you

If you want to chuck clouds. Learn to build and use either an RDA or RTA with big airflow..

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You could use a 1.2ohm Subtank (Kanger) with higher VG liquid... up at 18/19w. (?)
Better still grab yourself a Kayfun Monster, run it in the mid-teens (14-16 watts) with decent VG liquid (50/50 or 60/40) and beat the 'factory' atomizers in the world cup of almost-clouds for tootle puffers.

Yesterday, I found myself with 3 mods and 3 tanks all set to exactly the same power, which was kind of spooky as most of them had been adjusted during my 200 mile round-trip and I don't look at the display whilst driving.

Mini Nautilus*, Kanger subtank (factory vertical OCC) and Kayfun Monster.

One was barely making vapour*. The other two were on full steam. Lovely. :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Not so sure about that. I chuck some impressive clouds at12.5 watts and less.

Very true , people don't think serious clouds are possible with lower power and even higher ohm builds but people would be shocked if they saw the cloudage lol.

Of course not cloud competition cloudage but way more than i need.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Very true , people don't think serious clouds are possible with lower power and even higher ohm builds but people would be shocked if they saw the cloudage lol.

Of course not cloud competition cloudage but way more than i need.

Agree 100%

I have been at the bus stop waiting outside for a friend, and people have walked up basn asked to see my resistance and wattage. They see I am using a .8 ohm build, and firing at 12.5 watts or less. They can't understand how I get that much vapor.

I'm using 8 wrapps of 26 gauge Kanthal around the shaft of the little blue screwdriver. It gives me a resistance of .78-.84.

The little Advken Ohmega Nano I'm firing that at 9 watts and giving me all the vapor I want.

Reactions: herb

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Agree 100%

I have been at the bus stop waiting outside for a friend, and people have walked up basn asked to see my resistance and wattage. They see I am using a .8 ohm build, and firing at 12.5 watts or less. They can't understand how I get that much vapor.

I'm using 8 wrapps of 26 gauge Kanthal around the shaft of the little blue screwdriver. It gives me a resistance of .78-.84.

The little Advken Ohmega Nano I'm firing that at 9 watts and giving me all the vapor I want.
Didn't know they made a Nano. I am running the full sized version coiled dual parallel 28ga SS316 at .11Ω in TC mode at 550deg and it rocks the house.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Great stuff :) what the the Nautilus mini be able to handle..... Vg ratio?

About the same as your K1. Mainly because it uses the same coil heads as the Nautilus. The only real difference between the Nauty and the K1 is the tank holding the juice.

To make bigger clouds you are going to need to build your own coils for the heads. Iou might try doing some 1ohm to 1.5 ohm coils using 28-30 awg wire, maybe some twisted 31 or 32.

You can use a Subtank on your mod if you use the 1ohm or higher heads with it. I think your mod is limited to 1ohm. Bt a subtank running the 1.2 or 1.5 coils should do great.

Don't run a 1.8 (or 1.5) coil at 20watts or you will burn out the coil. I am assuming those are the type of coils you have if you have the K1.

This might be true of the factory heads, but if you were to make your own coil using heavier wire you could run at 1.5 or lower, for 20 watts. The the limiting factor here is the max volt and amp load of the mod. It can't do 20 watts on a coil over 1.5 because it is limited to 5.5volts, can't do less than 1 ohm because of the 4.5amp limit. But stay within those limits you should be OK.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Agree 100%

People would be surprised at the vapor produced on a Magma or Veritas RDA with a 2.2 ohm build , i have experimented with everything since i started , especially things that most would never even consider .

Even the flavor is outstanding at that high ohm in some drippers lol.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
About the same as your K1. Mainly because it uses the same coil heads as the Nautilus. The only real difference between the Nauty and the K1 is the tank holding the juice.

To make bigger clouds you are going to need to build your own coils for the heads. Iou might try doing some 1ohm to 1.5 ohm coils using 28-30 awg wire, maybe some twisted 31 or 32.

You can use a Subtank on your mod if you use the 1ohm or higher heads with it. I think your mod is limited to 1ohm. Bt a subtank running the 1.2 or 1.5 coils should do great.

This might be true of the factory heads, but if you were to make your own coil using heavier wire you could run at 1.5 or lower, for 20 watts. The the limiting factor here is the max volt and amp load of the mod. It can't do 20 watts on a coil over 1.5 because it is limited to 5.5volts, can't do less than 1 ohm because of the 4.5amp limit. But stay within those limits you should be OK.

Don't know how @Bonnie C post got in here but here is a reply.

There are three causes if burning coils.

1. Too much cotton crammed into the coil.

2. Not enough airflow to keep the coil cooled down.

3. Too much wattage

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
People would be surprised at the vapor produced on a Magma or Veritas RDA with a 2.2 ohm build , i have experimented with everything since i started , especially things that most would never even consider .

Even the flavor is outstanding at that high ohm in some drippers lol.

@herb j have vaped everything from the old Clearomisers to sub ohming.

I have made all kinds of builds, and for me .8 is PERFECT. Then I vape it till the resistance climbs to 1.0 ohm.

Reactions: herb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread