Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Yeah, if the coil is really 1.7, it comes to almost 15 watts.

I used Ko Gen Do for the wick also. It did taste burnt. I expected to see burnt cotton when I opened the coil but the cotton was white and the coil was still shiny. Maybe the taste was just from new cotton.

I don't know what the wicking/liner materials are in the stock coils (I assume they aren't cotton) but I use them with the passthrough and they work great. I figure they're running at almost 18 watts.

I wonder if Rayon would work better.

I plan to get some SS mesh. It has to be easier to make into a liner than the Ko Gen Do.
I think the liner material in the stock coils is cotton. I could not go above 8-9 watts on the stock coil without getting burnt hits.
I use high VG juice, so it had a harder time wicking through that thick liner on stock coils.

Still trying out the SS mesh with different ratio of juices and so far I've been getting good wicking with high VG and no flooding
with high PG. I like that it stays in the cap during cleaning and is easier to apply when putting the cap back on.

I prefer rayon for wicking, tried the Japanese cotton and it works well, but I have hundreds of feet of rayon to use.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I haven't started it yet. I want to know what to do before I fire up the laptop. I have an SXmini to upgrade too. I do not want to mess them up. Lol
I hear that! The Evic site gives pretty good instructions. I failed to decompress the file into a folder prior to
attempting upgrading the software. Once your Evic is connected to the computer via mini USB cable, the
software finds it automatically once started and upgrades easily. I was sure I was going to fry it! :facepalm::lol:

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I think the liner material in the stock coils is cotton. I could not go above 8-9 watts on the stock coil without getting burnt hits.
I use high VG juice, so it had a harder time wicking through that thick liner on stock coils.

Still trying out the SS mesh with different ratio of juices and so far I've been getting good wicking with high VG and no flooding
with high PG. I like that it stays in the cap during cleaning and is easier to apply when putting the cap back on.

I prefer rayon for wicking, tried the Japanese cotton and it works well, but I have hundreds of feet of rayon to use.
I use slightly high VG 65/35. I have no problems with the stock coils on the passthrough.

I've been tempted to get some Rayon but I have a whole box of Ko Gen Do (60 pads) that I'll never use up. I might have to get some though because I want to use these coils with my GS Tank on my passthrough. I use it 90% of the time. I have a good supply of GS coils, about 6 boxes so there's no rush. The coil I rebuilt was over 2 weeks old and really nasty. I just wanted to try a rebuild to see if I could do it.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
At $20 for 120ml and 10% discount with VAPEMOAR4LESS coupon code at checkout, so $18 for 120ml and free shipping! Some flavors are better than others, but even the straight menthol which I like the least was good enough to vape till it was gone!!!

Leop...pretty good price...

Slightly more expensive than Derall (120 ml. for $12 w FREE shipping)...but figured I'd check them out for, perhaps, some "unusual" flavors.

Turns out they do NOT sell the nicotine strengths that I use (6mg. and 12mg.)...:shock:

DERALL

Yeah. GS Air 2 in 14, 16 & 19mm...

Any idea on the capacity of the 19mm GS Air 2.

My GS Tanks are sitting in my back-up drawer...due to their ridiculously small capacity.

(They drove me to order a Cubis...only 0.5ml. more...but Top-Filling...)

Wonder where you can purchase them from? I'd like to have both.

$4.99 here:

BF RBA Head

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I would stick with the cotton then, you certainly have enough!
If you haven't ordered your mesh yet, I would go with the 350 or so.
I see Fasttech has 200, 250, 300, 400 and 500. I'll probably get some 300 and 400 with my next order.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
I see Fasttech has 200, 250, 300, 400 and 500. I'll probably get some 300 and 400 with my next order.
Be sure you clean the fasttech mesh well before you use it.
I did not and it had a horrid taste.
The 400 is now working well for me.
I have not yet tried the 300 in a rebuilt coil.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Great thing about trial and error with the GS Air tanks is the ability to pull the coil out of the tank over and over again
while testing and keeping mess and loss of juice to a minimum. I know they have made strides with RTA'a and RBA's, but
good God almighty, it was frustrating if your wicking or coil wasn't perfect and you would have to pull it and waste all
that juice.

Reactions: IMRs

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Any idea on the capacity of the 19mm GS Air 2.

My GS Tanks are sitting in my back-up drawer...due to their ridiculously small capacity.

(They drove me to order a Cubis...only 0.5ml. more...but Top-Filling...)

According to Eleaf's UK website the 16.5mm holds 2.3ml and the 19mm holds 2.5ml.

meh...o_O

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Great thing about trial and error with the GS Air tanks is the ability to pull the coil out of the tank over and over again
while testing and keeping mess and loss of juice to a minimum.
I think I will make up a set of gs-air coils with mesh to use for testing.
Currently I still use RGM2s to test - simple dry burn and wick change but there is a flavor difference from the gs airs.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
@IMRs i need your help with upgrading the eVic mini!!
Lynn, go to Software download - Joyetech
Download the Software for Evic mini VTC to your desktop...
Right click on it and 'Extract all'.
After that, use the extracted files for the Upgrade.
Plug in the Evic, then click on the file with the logo (UpdateFirmware). 'Run' it and it's self explanatory. It only takes a second to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread