Innokin iSub RBA Kit!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
That was a good score Vinny! I went and looked and I saw two Subox mini kits for $69 each at gearbest.

Oh guess what, the new RBA is coming out next week from Innokin.....................it will fit the whole iSub line of tanks whether they're 3.8ml, 4.5, 4.9, 5.2, and will come in stainless or red and black.
Also the L bend is now a double W..... JUST KIDDING AND BEING CRAZY because I'm going nuts trying to get this right, in my "I don't know how many ml I have in here" tank!

Should come with the warning: May be harmful to people who have OCD tendencies! Ha

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Yeah you got to click on the U.S. warehouse to get the cheaper price.
Is there a new rba or are you just crackin nuts??lol
Apparently Innokin needs me on staff.
If they are listening I would gladly do some beta testing and proof reading of the instruction manuals.:)
OCD meds are expensive.lol

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
That was a good score Vinny! I went and looked and I saw two Subox mini kits for $69 each at gearbest.

Oh guess what, the new RBA is coming out next week from Innokin.....................it will fit the whole iSub line of tanks whether they're 3.8ml, 4.5, 4.9, 5.2, and will come in stainless or red and black.
Also the L bend is now a double W..... JUST KIDDING AND BEING CRAZY because I'm going nuts trying to get this right, in my "I don't know how many ml I have in here" tank!

Should come with the warning: May be harmful to people who have OCD tendencies! Ha

SIR! Put Down the Small Blue Screwdriver... and Slowly Step Away From the Mod! :mad:

:p

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
OK, well I've been using this thing for a couple of days now, and while flavor isn't quite on par with my subtanks, it's considerably better than the stock coils. I've also not experienced any leaking as of yet.

Seems like a winner to me, and I'll probably be picking up a few more of them in the near future.

Unothegreat, how is your build holding up?
We want details on your build please!
What gauge, diameter coil, procedure used for wicking, etc?
Please share with us!!
OCD'ers want to know, lol

Vinny, have you got your new tank yet?

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You are not gonna believe this but they sent me version 1.I talked to Smokecityca and they told me these are the only ones they have.He also said he just received them from Innokin.To top it off even his Innokin rep. has no knowledge of 2 versions. I swear if I didn't know better I would think I am being punked.It would be nice if someone from Innokin would look at this thread and give us a clue as to what the heck is going on.I obviously will not be purchasing anything more from this company until I get some answers and the replacement of the tank I actually purchased.I think tomorrow I will try to call Innokin myself.Not sure what good it will do but it may make me feel better.Or worse.I have also made a reservation to the funny farm just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stegle

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
Unothegreat, how is your build holding up?
We want details on your build please!
What gauge, diameter coil, procedure used for wicking, etc?
Please share with us!!
OCD'ers want to know, lol

Vinny, have you got your new tank yet?

It's been holding up great! I just used one of the stock coils that came with the RBA, cut about 3/16" wide strip of cotton, stuffed it through the coil. Screwed the top of the atomizer on, trimmed the cotton even with the sides, then stuffed the excess back inside the atomizer.

No dry hits, no real leaking. I've had a couple of drips come out of the AFC, but nothing I would call leaking. Flavor is great (certainly better than the stock coils), so I think I've got myself a winner. I'll definitely be picking up another one to use in my other iSub tank.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
It's been holding up great! I just used one of the stock coils that came with the RBA, cut about 3/16" wide strip of cotton, stuffed it through the coil. Screwed the top of the atomizer on, trimmed the cotton even with the sides, then stuffed the excess back inside the atomizer.

No dry hits, no real leaking. I've had a couple of drips come out of the AFC, but nothing I would call leaking. Flavor is great (certainly better than the stock coils), so I think I've got myself a winner. I'll definitely be picking up another one to use in my other iSub tank.

That's a good idea. I think I'm gonna try that - see if I can rebuild one of the stock coils. This iSub RBA kit is just crazy...even with my skinny, piano-playin' lady fingers, I've dropped four screws under the couch never to be found!

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
Vinny is correct, I'm referring to the pre made coils that came with the RBA. I must not have been fully awake when I typed that.

I know there are some people that rewick the the standard coils, and have good luck, so if that's the route you want to go, it should be fine.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You are not gonna believe this but they sent me version 1.I talked to Smokecityca and they told me these are the only ones they have.He also said he just received them from Innokin.To top it off even his Innokin rep. has no knowledge of 2 versions. I swear if I didn't know better I would think I am being punked.It would be nice if someone from Innokin would look at this thread and give us a clue as to what the heck is going on.I obviously will not be purchasing anything more from this company until I get some answers and the replacement of the tank I actually purchased.I think tomorrow I will try to call Innokin myself.Not sure what good it will do but it may make me feel better.Or worse.I have also made a reservation to the funny farm just in case.

That is a bummer getting version 1. Did you get ahold of anyone at Innokin that knew anything?
Or did Sgt. Shultz answer with "I Know Nothing!!!"

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon

That is good news. On mine, some just seeped out the air control, but a couple times I had juice starting to come out on the mod and in my hands. The wicking and getting it all stuffed back in without compressing the cotton is the real trick on these. I got one built that didn't leak but it also wicked terribly so I got dry hits, then I tried poking a pin hole thru it on both sides which made it wick ok, but then it started seeping juice out.
I think it's hit and miss on getting this right, and I'm sure they're working on a revision as we type...

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
That is a bummer getting version 1. Did you get ahold of anyone at Innokin that knew anything?
Or did Sgt. Shultz answer with "I Know Nothing!!!"
I tried the Innokin USA phone number and it is out of service.
I started a new post hopefully one of the Innokin guys can help.
So far v1 hasn't leaked but I am using the stock coil and a 70vg. I haven't tried the rba. Now I have a known to leak tank to go with my finicky rba oh lucky day.Its a good thing I am stubborn and hard headed.lol

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Yeah thats pretty close to what i come up with.
I've kind of reached my limit of failed non seep or leak building on this rba.
The stock coils are so easy to just dry burn and rewick, and they perform
pretty decent actually. I'm waiting for version 2 to come out which would really
surprise me if it doesn't! Good luck in your future builds with this tiny thing!

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Thanks! Beleive it or not I have had zero leaks on this version 1 tank lol. I think I will try the rba when I change juices. I will of course post my results. I still have gotten no reply from Innokin. Kinda makes me wonder why so many people say they have good customer service. I sure haven't seen any.

Reactions: whodat2112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread