• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I read on potv a few nights ago that the British government were not going to ban cross border trading.
Was this BS,wishful thinking or true?
Suppose it depends on the source of the information ...I hope it is right! ...but if so, what's the point of the so-called legislation? :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I might get another litre of nic in before the time.I have a litre already in the freezer.
Bob told me i can make 12 litres of 6mg from a litre of nic.
So the guy with 65l could make 780 litres:laugh:That's enough to float a battleship.
But he might be vaping 24mg, so that would only make 195 litres, it soon drops down :), I would wait until early May at least, when the full details will become common knowledge, as I said they then have another year to get rid of stock of high percentage Nic & nic containing flavoured ejuice that doesn't comply, a few companies will start reformulating their flavoured juices into 10ml bottles at varying nic levels up to 20mg anyway, so instead of buying a 30ml bottle you will be buying 3 x 10ml bottles (be a bit dearer of course).

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I read on potv a few nights ago that the British government were not going to ban cross border trading.
Was this BS,wishful thinking or true?
From what I can make out, there will be countries who will implement everything that the TPD says to the letter, then there are some that will interpret the TPD in a way that is more lenient, it appears our Gov are in the latter camp, but of course that could all change further down the line, especially when/if we get a change of Gov.

Reactions: e-pipeman

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
So that'll mean no imported (by us) US liquids? Some have set up UK distributors recently, so I wonder what will happen with those.
Hah! that's another kettle of fish, depends on the seller and the laws in the US, you may find that they will do 1 of 3 things:
1) carry on as normal
2) Comply with EU laws and only sell us 10ml bottles under 20mg, they could sell more to companies in EU to rebottle once it is over here.
3) Refuse to sell to EU countries
Hope it is not 3

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It was in there "News" email Trish.
Like yourself i thought, if that's true,what's the point of any of it.
I must confess, I didn't read the last newsletter! Been 'same old' at times, and some of it makes me cross - even though it's not POTV's fault :laugh:

But he might be vaping 24mg, so that would only make 195 litres, it soon drops down :), I would wait until early May at least, when the full details will become common knowledge, as I said they then have another year to get rid of stock of high percentage Nic & nic containing flavoured ejuice that doesn't comply, a few companies will start reformulating their flavoured juices into 10ml bottles at varying nic levels up to 20mg anyway, so instead of buying a 30ml bottle you will be buying 3 x 10ml bottles (be a bit dearer of course).
Suppose it's too easy to dash off to buy more for the 'siege' ...think if we get a bit more of everything now and then - certainly for the next year or so, we'll likely be OK.
No way will I take to sub ohm stuff, so I'll need to make sure I have enough of my basic tanks & coils. Only time I've lost a tank in recent times is when I put some apple pie in an Evod and the top broke off!

From what I can make out, there will be countries who will implement everything that the TPD says to the letter, then there are some that will interpret the TPD in a way that is more lenient, it appears our Gov are in the latter camp, but of course that could all change further down the line, especially when/if we get a change of Gov.
Perhaps depends on the bottom line (£), and provable facts regarding smoking cessation & health. Any government would be absolute idiots to ignore positive longer term results!

Oh good, haven't looked recently, thought majority were mech not VV/VW
I just searched for 'mod VV VW 18650' found a fair number on just the first 5 pages. Some are over $50, some around $19. Some are either VV or VW, but no matter to me.
Suppose it comes down to whether they're more robust regarding electrical components ..or if there's nothing to choose between those and box mods.

Hah! that's another kettle of fish, depends on the seller and the laws in the US, you may find that they will do 1 of 3 things:
1) carry on as normal
2) Comply with EU laws and only sell us 10ml bottles under 20mg, they could sell more to companies in EU to rebottle once it is over here.
3) Refuse to sell to EU countries
Hope it is not 3
Must be a bit odd seeing the US don't fully know yet what will happen eventually.
I hope it's not your option 3 too!

Reactions: Bobw1951

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
especially when/if we get a change of Gov.

Or a referendum:)

@Brynglas forgot to mention I saw a Cloudmaker Whiteout DNA200 version, last night at our Vape Meet, Jon put a picture of it next to the ERM on the thread on AAEC - it is BIG, yet the Lipo inside is small only 1100mAh, I definitely don't want one now I've seen it.

I don't want one either Bob,i saw Jons picture,but i've also watched a couple of reviews(one by Vapingbiker).
Not only was the device pretty poorly made for the money but the company doesn't seem to give a **** about service.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
You'd think so, but I'll bet they try to think of a reason not to allow it!
We just need Chefs to carry on offering the 100ml bottles, and the bottles of the ready to mix concentrates.
Seeing concentrate is basically a food flavouring :rolleyes: how can they disallow that!
Been on zero nic,for the last ten days

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Subtank users : Elegant vapour have a stock of ceramic coils that fit the subtank range,incase anyone feels like trying them.(Haven't looked for them on FT)

Capture.PNG

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Interesting!

Every single variant of e liquid and device capable of vapourising e liquid must be tested and the MHRA must be notified of each product and its test results six months before it can be sold.
Sounds time and cost consuming - new liquid variations certainly won't be popping up frequently until they get some continuity rolling.

E liquid with no nicotine (0mg) does not need to be tested and is unaffected by the TPD.
As far as we understand, batteries and mods sold without a tank or clearomiser should be unaffected by the TPD.

Good, on both counts ...that's something at least.

In the meantime, we will increase the range of e liquid brands we stock from the larger, more established manufacturers who will attain full compliance easily. This will allow us to continue to offer our customers plenty of choice with the value and level of service that we have become known for.

So - as hoped, we may continue to see the brands from the US still available here, albeit in smaller bottles.

Flavour concentrates & Nicotine -

Suppose we'll have to see how this pans out and whether these items cause further problems. Can't see anything too bad with flavouring, but nicotine may well be a problem.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
We are still in a Yellow Warning in the Capital but sunny :laugh:, although the South Coast is on Amber, very windy outside with gusts rattling the windows, torrential rain most of yesterday afternoon & evening, not looking forward to my walk round to the shops later for more bread & milk etc

Yes,the South is forecast to take the brunt of it this week.Take care Bob:)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
We are still in a Yellow Warning in the Capital but sunny :laugh:, although the South Coast is on Amber, very windy outside with gusts rattling the windows, torrential rain most of yesterday afternoon & evening, not looking forward to my walk round to the shops later for more bread & milk etc
The Needles had gusts of 96mph!
Pity you have to go out when the weather is so bad ..watch out for strong gusts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread