One battery dying fast than the other in my new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rkdann

Aug 9, 2015
London Ontario Canada
I recently got a new koopor 200w tc and I've ran two different sets of batteries through it and both set one of the batteries dies faster. Like ridiculouslyfast. I just took them out and one was at 42% and the other went all the way down to 12%. These were brand new batteries. I'm starting to think it's the mod thats doing this to my batteries.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have a Koopor Plus and it does not do that. On new battery sets, that's an indication it's in the mod. Check to make sure you're getting good contact on both battery springs-- hard to imagine not, they're big springs, but check-- and try it again a couple times to see if it's always the same battery position. I am afraid you have a bad mod.

Rkdann

Aug 9, 2015
London Ontario Canada
I have a Koopor Plus and it does not do that. On new battery sets, that's an indication it's in the mod. Check to make sure you're getting good contact on both battery springs-- hard to imagine not, they're big springs, but check-- and try it again a couple times to see if it's always the same battery position. I am afraid you have a bad mod.
Yea I think its a bad mod. Which sucks because the store I ordered it from doesn't want to do anything about it

Reactions: suprtrkr

Rkdann

Aug 9, 2015
London Ontario Canada
Actually. My buddy just brought this to my attention. So you said to make sure it's getting good connection. Could it do that to a battery if I pulled the battery out with out turning the mod off first? Ive definitely done that before.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Actually. My buddy just brought this to my attention. So you said to make sure it's getting good connection. Could it do that to a battery if I pulled the battery out with out turning the mod off first? Ive definitely done that before.
Depends on the circuit, and I don't know. I'd guess not. Actually, it's a series mod, so it probably shouldn't work at all if one of the batteries isn't making contact.

Rkdann

Aug 9, 2015
London Ontario Canada
Depends on the circuit, and I don't know. I'd guess not. Actually, it's a series mod, so it probably shouldn't work at all if one of the batteries isn't making contact.
K well I found one of my older batteries that's the same as the set I have rn with the one dead one so I'll test out the theory and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread