Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Oh just certain batch?

I was reading where the glass broke by trying to loosen the cap or something like that

I was one of the early adopters that had a stuck glass. Not sure if they were gluing them on at the factory or what, but mine was stuck and finally broke while trying to remove it. When it broke there was still shards of glass stuck to the o-rings....

I'm glad to hear that it seems they have that problem ironed out now, because I love the tank.

I ordered two replacement glass tubes from fasttech and they finally showed up today. I also ordered a bag of o-rings for the tank that were mentioned earlier in this thread. The replacement glass seems to be nice quality. No rough edges or chips that I noticed on the one that I opened this evening. The o-rings were a nice easy fit, not to tight.

I always throw in a drip tip or two on any fasttech order and this one looks nice on the Wine sitting on my iPV Mini II.

I missed using this tank. The flavor on it is awesome.

WineRTAipv2.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was one of the early adopters that had a stuck glass. Not sure if they were gluing them on at the factory or what, but mine was stuck and finally broke while trying to remove it. When it broke there was still shards of glass stuck to the o-rings....

I'm glad to hear that it seems they have that problem ironed out now, because I love the tank.

I ordered two replacement glass tubes from Fasttech and they finally showed up today. I also ordered a bag of o-rings for the tank that were mentioned earlier in this thread. The replacement glass seems to be nice quality. No rough edges or chips that I noticed on the one that I opened this evening. The o-rings were a nice easy fit, not to tight.

I always throw in a drip tip or two on any Fasttech order and this one looks nice on the Wine sitting on my iPV Mini II.

I missed using this tank. The flavor on it is awesome.

View attachment 523699

Good to hear that you are Back in Business.

Because I Agree. This Wine RTA is a Flavor Machine. And it has become my FCT (Fist Choice Tank).

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

inganeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Missouri
Finally installed a silverplay nano tank on my SXK mounted on a polished Dominus. Had to polish the cap and chimney to match as best as I could. Pic isn't that great but it is the best I can do with this lighting. These are really great little tanks.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just a Update and a Word of Caution:

I received a Black Wine RTA from FT yesterday. It looks Fantastic. Very Sleek. But I wanted to do a Cut Down on it like I did my other 2 Silver ones. And then you a Lightly Tint piece of Subtank Mini Glass.

So I did Exactly what I did on my Other 2 Tanks. I Soaked the tank in Hot Water for a couple of Minutes, then Dried the Outside and gave the Glass a tug to see How Much it would move.

Nothing. It didn't Move at All. So I Soaked it again and then I gave it the Slightest Tilt to see if it had Loosened.

"Tink" :blink:

I Couldn't Believe it! The Glass Broke into 3 Pieces. With one Piece still stuck to the Blue O-Ring. :mad:

It wasn't a Big Deal because I was Not Going to use the Glass after I cut the Chimney Down. But I thought I would mention it to Anyone who might be Wanting to Remove the Glass to change the O-Rings or something.

I Wouldn't Attempt to Remove the Glass on this Tank Unless you have a Spare.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
After using my Wine tank for a week, I removed the top cap during a cleaning/rebuild. Came right off, no probs. BUT... I decided to use the other O-rings so it would better match the Treebox I use it on. The spare O-rings must be a little larger because when I went to press the top cap back on, *crack*. The crack didn't cause the tank to actually break but it was history. Fortunately I had bought 5 extra tanks and had them on hand so I didn't miss a beat. I did go back to the original O-rings, though. No idea if the black FT O-rings I bought will work any better than the ones that broke my tank- wasn't gonna chance it.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread