Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've done a bit of research to try and rectify my nicotine predicament with the Chinese nicotine and am happy to see that apart from Wizard Labs, most of the vendors with reputable liquid nicotine based in the US do ship to Australia. I am happy to discover that.

I've researched a bit into Nude Nicotine, Vapestrek, Myfreedomsmokes.com (gosh they have been around longer than I've been vaping), vaping zone and Heartland Vapor.

Nude Nicotine and Vapestrek appear to be the cleanest and purest however, though it is not stated explicitly anywhere, their nicotine appears as though it might be very smooth and designed for sub-ohm vaping subtle, fruity and dessert like flavors.

As NET Vapors we tend to want throat hit with our NETs to capture the essence of Net vaping. So it seems Wizard Labs (doesn't deliver to Australia), Myfreedomsmoke, heartland vapor and maybe vaping zone have better throat hit, more suitable for vaping NETs.

One last factor I am considering is that Vapestrek does now have a throat hit nicotine liquid. All things being even Vapestrek nicotine appears to be the best from reviews I've read. So the only query on their nicotine is the lack of throat hit. Has anyone tried the throat hit line from Vapestrek?

What experience have you guys had with nicotine liquids you use for your home made NETs and what are their throat hit characteristics like? Is there anyone here who actually prefers smooth nicotine in their NETs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
The only bad reaction I've had is with higher VG. Dehydrates me terribly and makes me feel weird. I mix/buy at 70PG/30VG.

I always thought pg was more dehydrating. Gives me a terrible sore throat/dry mouth. I guess it depends on the individual, but I feel a lot less dehydrated when I limit my pg to 25%. Some people complain vg is too heavy on the lungs.

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I always thought pg was more dehydrating. Gives me a terrible sore throat/dry mouth. I guess it depends on the individual, but I feel a lot less dehydrated when I limit my pg to 25%. Some people complain vg is too heavy on the lungs.

I also am allergic to PG and in addition get a cough and rash.

Reactions: clnire

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Anthony, I use MFS and VT throat hit nic for NET and synthetic tobacco mixes. They both have that peppery throat hit you're looking for. VT throat hit seems to have more of a kick to it. Although, MFS is not far off from that.

I do use Nude Nic as well but for non tobacco mixes. Mainly for a few mixes I do for my brother as he is at 24mg; NN is mellow at that range where VT throat hit and MFS are rough on the throat at that level. At least that is my perception.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Anthony, I use MFS and VT throat hit nic for NET and synthetic tobacco mixes. They both have that peppery throat hit you're looking for. VT throat hit seems to have more of a kick to it. Although, MFS is not far off from that.

I do use Nude Nic as well but for non tobacco mixes. Mainly for a few mixes I do for my brother as he is at 24mg; NN is mellow at that range where VT throat hit and MFS are rough on the throat at that level. At least that is my perception.

Perfect. Thanks vicman. That's what I needed to hear. Wasn't sure if the throat hit Nic at Vapestrek was as strong as some of the other vendors nics. Glad to hear it is.

I am leaning towards MFS mainly because their shipping is relatively affordable but I do like the sound of that Vapestrek throat hit Nic. Vapestrek seems to have a reputation for being one of the best vendors for Nic juice.

Reactions: Vicman

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Today i wanted to try my 1-2 months old home made juices. Most of them have molds. White snakes are swimming on the top and a cm under the top of the juice. Its like a horror movie, all the work for nothing. I have made over 40 juices.

Have you ever had this problem ? What can i do ? All juices are made by hot ethanol extraction and they contains tobacco extract, vg, pg, nicotine and 10% water.

Could the water be the problem ?

Reactions: Exchaner

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Fort Alamos ? John Wayne is back. Be careful little australian baby face ! Germans dont have any experiences with trying.

We just do it !!!
and don't give them any tin cans either...they build Volkswagens with it !!
did you fix your extractions ?
f f ..fiel vergnuegen

Reactions: jonnydoe

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Maybe this is not the best place to raise this issue I am having but is almost the only thread I interact in and I know many of you make your own home made NETs which means you purchase flavorless nicotine juice and PG/Vg and must be reasonably happy with it and your end product.

I have only ever used two products involving flavorless nicotine juice (pg/Vg with nicotine) to mix my home made NETs. One was a bottle of VG 48 mg nicotine which was gifted to me by Scarf-ace and the second was some flavorless pg/Vg juices at 18mg and 24mg which I purchased from Health Cabin. (The bottle given to me by Scarf-ace was thrown out a long time ago. That stuff burned my nose hairs just sniffing it).

Both products have made me sick and I assume it comes down to excessive levels of nicotine. I am absolutely sure I mixed my juices correctly given the straight forward arithmetic in getting the desired nicotine levels in the completed mixed product.

Not only have these products made me feel sick but the throat hit just doesn't feel right either. It isn't the same full 'spikey' throat hit I get from most commercial liquids but a more smoother, unsatisfying throat hit. In order to combat what I speculated was understated nicotine levels on the bottle I mixed a batch at 4mg nicotine based on the stated Nic levels which is 3 times less nicotine than what I would use in the devices and wattage I was vaping at. Yet still it seemed these mixtures were making me ill and I could swear it felt like 12 mg nicotine.

It's bad enough that my home made nets have turned out mediocre but the bad nicotine is making it worse. I am starting to think the flavorless PGVG nicotine juice is a contributing factor. It could be the MAIN factor.

So basically my question(s) is, has anyone else had negative experiences with nicotine juice they use to mix with their NET extractions and what nicotine products should I be looking for? I remember a while back Billherst spoke about various types of nicotines in this thread and he seemed to understand the differences and quality in nicotine products, how they are extracted (nicotine that is , not NETa) and the kind of throat hit to expect.

If not the nicotine, can PG and VG come in different grades of quality that make a difference to the vaping experience? Can they go off and make you sick?

I know we have some home made NET makers here and I have asked a mouthful of questions. Even if you advise me as to where you get your nicotine flavorless juices from that might point me in the right direction to at least steer away from bad nicotine products.

got some 100 mg pg based nic from vaperstek .org
heard many good things about it . have not tried it jet . all I can tell you it is as clear as water .still in the freezer till my present bottle is used up. which is more of a honey color.

Reactions: AnthonyB

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have reduced the ethanol with pg. My extracts contains perhaps 90% pg and 5-10% ethanol. I have used it at 10% in the juices. I have perhaps 1% ethanol in a whole juice.

From your description I'd say boil your containers before use and use bottled water. Don't know where your from but mold and creepy crawlies 'aint good. Might be your water supply but I would think you would already know there's a problem. If your in a tropical climate I would say bug borne larvae but that wouldn't account for the mold. Definitely haven't heard this one before.

Reactions: Exchaner

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Today i wanted to try my 1-2 months old home made juices. Most of them have molds. White snakes are swimming on the top and a cm under the top of the juice. Its like a horror movie, all the work for nothing. I have made over 40 juices.

Have you ever had this problem ? What can i do ? All juices are made by hot ethanol extraction and they contains tobacco extract, vg, pg, nicotine and 10% water.

Jonny when I advised you to put milk in with the mix I was just kidding.

Seriously though, I made the mistake of doing a large batch on my first attempt at extracting which committed
me to a lot of time and some expense only to find that almost none of my extracts were good. It's tempting to make large batches because of the time cycle required with some methods of extracting.

I think heat extracting is an ideal way for a beginner to enter the world of home made NETs because the turnover to make a NET is only 2-3 days with a steep period of 7-10 days. I would also suggest starting with a basic extraction using only PG/VG as solvent. Once you get a good extract from that method then experiment with alcohol based solvents. Alcohol based extractions need more care and attention in my opinion. I tried a couple and either didn't take them out of heat early enough which left my extracts tasting like alcohol or I left them in heat too long which evaporated too much of the mixture.

Make sure you extract in glass. No plastics. Did you use plastic or composite jars? That could explain the build up or white filaments appearing in your mixture.

My advice to anyone starting out with extracting is to start small and let trial and error takes it course without over committing too much tobacco and time. Once you feel your extracts are turning out good then make larger batches.

By the way, why are you extracting with nicotine juice? I think the experienced extractors don't use nicotine based juices to extract. They extract in 0 nicotine solvents.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California

Definitely sounds like a water problem if you're seeing live creatures in your extraction. Where is the water coming from, vodka, Everclear, or are you adding water yourself?

Reactions: 67Tele

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I don't add nicotine until I mix to make vape juice. I extract with a simple pg/vg mix, heat method, small batches. I have been very happy with all my extracts, however some of the tobaccos I extracted were not so good. But that was due to the choice of tobacco, not my method of extraction.

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I have bought a base from avoria and it contains 55%PG, 35%VG, 10% destilired water and nicotine. I have put 10% of my tobaccoa extract in it.

The tobacco extract is made by hot ethanol extraction and than reducing the ethanol in only pg.

I could have made 2 mistakes. Two many changes of jars at the extraction after filtering and reducing in the oven. I have put the ready juices in bought juice plastic bottles without heating them or puring with ethanol. Perhaps there were some little molds in it.

Second mistake could be the water in the ready to buy base. Molds needs water, oxygen and nutrients. The nutrients are in the tobacco extract, oxygen in the bottles and water in the base.

Would be very interesting if someone who is using water too have had problems with molds.

The hot ethanol extraction results are good in tasting because my american spirit organic, peter stokkebye turkish pipe and pepe are all good juices. In the moment i am trying same tobaccos with hot pg and some cigars. Before filling them up in bottles with base i will buy a base without water and i will pur the juice bottles and the jars with ethanol before using. I must be more careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnthonyB

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I don't add nicotine until I mix to make vape juice. I extract with a simple pg/vg mix, heat method, small batches. I have been very happy with all my extracts, however some of the tobaccos I extracted were not so good. But that was due to the choice of tobacco, not my method of extraction.

Same to me. I have extracted many wrong tobaccos. There is no nicotine in my extracts, only in the ready juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread