USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
100W SMY Touch Box - 2600mAh

This touches all my geek buttons :)
100 watts
touch screen (looks like you can upload your own background :p)
usb updateable
internal lithium battery (2600 mAh, probably a 1300 2s lipo pack, which would mean good battery life)
Kanthal/Ni200/Ti/SS support (ss316)
From site: "Working Modes: VW, SS-TC, SS-TF, Ni200-TC,Ni200-TF, Ti-TC, Ti-TF and DIY"
I am guessing DIY means adjustable TCR, which I love.

I am sure the large capacitive touch screen would lessen battery life a tad, but it is an acceptable trade off IMO, for the fun factor.

Attachments

• 0c016a1f6777138f5f29b3e8b998a58a_g.jpg
    0c016a1f6777138f5f29b3e8b998a58a_g.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: jstrong

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA

100 watts
usb updateable
internal lithium battery (2600 mAh, probably a 1300 2s lipo pack, which would mean good battery life)
From site: "Working Modes: VW, SS-TC, SS-TF, Ni200-TC,Ni200-TF, Ti-TC, Ti-TFI and DIY"

I am sure the large capacitive touch screen would lessen battery life a tad, but it is an acceptable trade off IMO, for the fun factor.

Hi! I received one of these from a vender that has been practically spamming me to buy one of their mods. I guess she got tired of me saying I can't afford anything right now, and sent me one and a atty. :thumb:

I cannot figure out how to program this thing! I don't understand the part that looks like a "equalizer" and also the "work mode" and what all the letters/numbers mean....

Can anyone give me some tips? I really want to use it, but it's too hot and not sure what numbers are what, lol I'm used to my itazte VTR

I also tried to update it per instructions, but the screen just goes black with "USB" lit up...

Ah hell, I'll keep futzing with it, lol

100 watts
usb updateable
From site: "Working Modes: VW, SS-TC, SS-TF, Ni200-TC,Ni200-TF, Ti-TC, Ti-TF and DIY"

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hi! I received one of these from a vender that has been practically spamming me to buy one of their mods. I guess she got tired of me saying I can't afford anything right now, and sent me one and a atty. :thumb:

I cannot figure out how to program this thing! I don't understand the part that looks like a "equalizer" and also the "work mode" and what all the letters/numbers mean....

Can anyone give me some tips? I really want to use it, but it's too hot and not sure what numbers are what, lol I'm used to my itazte VTR

I also tried to update it per instructions, but the screen just goes black with "USB" lit up...

i don't think anybody has one yet. or at the very most, they're just starting to come out.

watch this review. 100% gimmick, this box. it honestly doesn't look hard at all to operate. are you new to vaping? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Petabread

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

can't help you as I don't have one, so I don't have any info on operating it. sorry

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
i don't think anybody has one yet. or at the very most, they're just starting to come out.

watch this review. 100% gimmick, this box. it honestly doesn't look hard at all to operate. are you new to vaping? :p

it's a gimmick, but a fun gimmick none the less....and if we are able to upload our own wallpapers, that will just be icing on the cake :)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Just don't actually use it if you want to be able to view your wallpaper.

If it's LiPo I think we need another spec to guage WHr capacity (C rating?).
But on the surface... 2600 mAh and 100w capable? Fixed battery?
Plus a large screen?

Do not want.
Cool geeky gimmick? To be sure.
Usable? We'll see.

And of course... what are "TF" modes?

eta: $100 ? :eek:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Tried watching the vid to get the skinny, couldn't do it.
Could barely tolerate the presentation, but the first time the crappy music noise came blasting out at high volume for an edit cut... I bailed.

What little I caught... it has quite a bit of tuning available for the vape.
In essence... a custom curve of power and time.

Those "profiles" seem to be what fill the five "DIY" slots. I think.

Didn't get far enough to find out about "TF" modes.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
it's a gimmick, but a fun gimmick none the less....and if we are able to upload our own wallpapers, that will just be icing on the cake :)
the diy mode is missing one thing. TCR. if it had that i'd be all over it like cheese and gravy on fries (if you haven't tried, i highly suggest that combo). it's got upgradeable FW, so maybe in the future. if joyetech can do it, smy should be able to as well. TBH, i have too many mods that don't even get used.

Reactions: fishwater

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I have an SMY Mini60 TC with the big screen, not touch though. @PinkEgoTUser -The work mode is what wire do you want to use as in power or temp mode.

I can't see why they wouldn't have TCR, especially releasing a new mod today.
My Mini is built really well, Vapes like a champ. You can't adjust power in TC but it hit's like my RX200 at 60w on the same tank. I'm interested in seeing this one from SMY.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Just don't actually use it if you want to be able to view your wallpaper.

If it's LiPo I think we need another spec to guage WHr capacity (C rating?).
But on the surface... 2600 mAh and 100w capable? Fixed battery?
Plus a large screen?

Do not want.
Cool geeky gimmick? To be sure.
Usable? We'll see.

And of course... what are "TF" modes?

eta: $100 ? :eek:

tc celcius
tf farenheit

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Oh someone please tell me they're not that silly. :rolleyes:

That would fall squarely into "amateur hour" in my estimation.

It's not like SMY has a reputation of making great mods. They seem to rely on gimmicks to sell mods. Reminds me of gimmicky fishing lures that catch more fishermen than fish :lol:.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim_ MDP

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I expect mine to come in any day now.

BTW,it does have TCR function.

I think people try to hold off getting these for mystic reasons just becoz.

What you see is what you will get in a very near future as its trending (3 different models out from 3 different companies so far)

Nothing wrong with TF and TC as you find that on all temp cont mods anyways

Sheesh.

Edit: touch is way more intuitive than what we are presently stuck with...press up/down (which are often not id as such) press on,5 clicks here,3 clicks there...come on...touch is IT.

Last edited:

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA

Hi, I am not new to vaping, it's been a couple of years almost, so don't pull your "I've been doing it longer than you, so I'm so much more intelligent than you" crap.

You were a beginner at some point, I assume, unless you were squeezed out with a vape in your hand??? There is no reason to insult people here just beause you THINK you know more!!

I'll start a different post on where I'm at with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread