GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #130 for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatum

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Belgium
02/07 #3
Waiting for the kickoff right now. Thanks @Roadtrip635 for the help!!!

Appropriate tree image:
route_tree.jpg

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
2/7 #1
It's been a good day,folks...a good day :)
...now that the new folks have been made aware of @Uncle's allergicophobia to cats :rolleyes: ...I just wanted to say that your admonition about not posting images or pics to previously mentioned kritter really played no part in changing my avatar @Uncle ... I am not that invested in an image , and only really took up with the felines as a matter of convenience. :rolleyes: Prior to that, I was solidly a lifelong canine kinda gal. These days, cats pick me, not the other way around :D
And thank you for the site ...that does mean alot to me, noting your aversion :p
Hope you are doing well, @Uncle and I wish you much success in your endeavors. :)
g'nite y'all
:tumble:

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
2/7 #2
02/07 #1 I present to you a famous tree in The Netherlands: the story telling tree.
efteling-sprookjesboom.jpg

This tree tells children stories and has amazing animatronics. Children (and adults as well) can sit there for hours listening to the tree telling about amazing advertures, legends ...
...see those lovely red mushrooms with he white spots there around the talking tree??! I remember my Mom reading Grimm's fairytales to me as a kid ...(Why they thought such gruesome stories were appropriate to read to children as a bedtime story is BEYOND me! :eek: ) ..Anyway, they too had lots of illustrations, always with an abundance of the aminita mushroom...or fly agaric ...well known for its poisonous ...and its hallucinogenic properties :rolleyes:

@Fuzzy Thunderbear
May the wind be ever at your back :nun:
@Scooter jordan II LOVE this pic ...Love it so much,hope you won't mind me using it as my encore post for the night :)

59a83805de67648bc11cb05d1f73e527.jpg

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
2/7 #2

I am back... Let's see, 210 miles round trip where I couldn't get over 55 mph because the very high wind was pushing me out of my lane (normal speed here is 65 on back roads, 75 on freeway) and, due to the headwind one way and crosswind the other way (it shifted), I got an average of only 11 mpg, which is a total consumption of 19 gallons at $1.809/gallon, so gas cost for this trip was $34.50 and the "part" (pressure switch) was $15.85 (including sales tax), so the water problem only cost me $50.35 plus 5 hours driving/shopping and half an hour to remove the old relay/switch and install the new one. Had I called a plumber (on Sunday - if he would have come at all and miss the Stupor Bowl), it would have been close to $200 for the part and labor, plus $0.50 per mile for his travel (nearest plumber to me is 48 miles away). My water is working just fine now and I did it myself. Doesn't it make you feel good when you can beat the system? :)
Stay safe, Fuzzy! We had winds like that last week and I can't imagine it would be much fun driving through them
Yeah, it was not fun at all. Very stressful.
Had some bad winds a few weeks ago that knocked some of her fence down..
I didn't have time after getting home and fixing the pressure tank relay/switch to do a complete inspection of all our trees (we have hundreds) and fences, but I did see a few were down. I hope I have time tomorrow to check and pick up all the broken things.

5 Tumalo Creek.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I just wanted to say that your admonition about not posting images or pics to previously mentioned kritter really played no part in changing my avatar

From a "Canine" Kinda GUY "Myself" . . . Honestly - I didn't think "You" would or did change it for "Me" - so all is still good . . . Glad to know "You" like the thread too . . .:thumbs:

These days, cats pick me, not the other way around :D

BTW: Isn't that the normal way it's done . . . AND - YES - they are always following "Me" and want to rub up and down "My" Legs or jump in "My" Lap too . . . NOT NICE ! ! !

Anyway, last post from "Me" for awhile, but - I WILL BE BACK . . . SO - Here is "My" usual "GOOD NIGHT" Message one more time for a little while . . . Talk to everyone soon . . . ;)

@jpf880 . . .

For both "Wifey" & "You" still sending Extra Special . . .

"GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts"

udIptBi.gif

JYR7rcT.png

Okay - It's that time again - Lights Out . . .

Nty6aGB.gif

For "Everyone" In NEED . . .

"GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts"
. . . are being sent "Your" Way

Once again - For all of the 'Tree-Peeps" already gone to bed and those about to go . . .

Hope Ya' have very restful night and pleasant dreams . . .

proxy.php

Okay - I'm done for the Day . . .
proxy.php

It's . . .
proxy.php

AND - I'm off . . .
proxy.php

Good "MoringNite" All - See Ya' Soon . . .

proxy.php

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
2/7 #3
..it's never ending on the farm/ranch , is it ....
Yeah, this "job" is 24/7/365... but you know that from your own experiences. And you have no choice but to become a jack of all trades (if not, you better have a huge wallet). ;)

6 crossing scree slope.jpg

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
AND - YES - they are always following "Me" and want to rub up and down "My" Legs or jump in "My" Lap too . . . NOT NICE ! ! !
Just a tip (from a non-certified cat-whisperer): I've learned that most people who have trouble with cats/don't like them tend to try to avoid looking at them and avoiding their presence in the hopes that this will be reciprocated. However, cats don't like small children. Why? Because small children make loud noises, make sudden movements, and try to grab them and squeeze them and love them to death--something cats will not tolerate unless they know that they will get something out of it. Just a thought... :rolleyes:

Well, I'm glad some people liked the game. Personally, I thought it could have been better (regardless of the outcome). Still, the company, drinks, and the food were good and the kids were reasonably well behaved. I ate too much... :facepalm: Good night, Treefam!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, I'm glad some people liked the game. Personally, I thought it could have been better (regardless of the outcome). Still, the company, drinks, and the food were good and the kids were reasonably well behaved. I ate too much... :facepalm: Good night, Treefam!
Ditto..................
Good night Treefam.......

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
2/7
6. Well I'm glad the Broncos won, but I have to agree that it could have been a better game...it was totally a defensive game, the offense on either side couldn't seem to do a darn thing.

On another note, found out that there was a shooting at one of our local Mardi Gras parades today here in Mississippi and 2 people were killed and 4 injured. What's scary was that my son had been at that parade right before it happened. This is a parade that is usually very family friendly and that is not something you would ever expect to happen at it...in New Orleans, yeah maybe, but not here. I'm just so glad my son had left before it happened. Still my heart goes out to those families.

@Fuzzy Thunderbear - glad you made it back safely and that you were able to get things fixed for way cheaper. :thumbs: ETA: I'll have to get you that pic of my socks later...too tired now! :lol:

Well time for me to call it a night...G'night Treefam!
colorful_sunset_sky_and_tree-wide.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread