Recipes suggestions based on some flavours

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I haven't made any of my own yet from scratch, so I'm definitely no expert or anything. But I remember reading this about ingredients, breathing, steeping, etc.:

1. If your flavorings had any form of alcohol as an ingredient...you may want to let it breathe so it would evaporate off.
2. If a recipe had only fruit flavorings in it, that it should be OK to use once mixed well, because it wouldn't have to be steeped.
3. Most other recipes/ingredients will definitely do much better if you let them steep. But that's not just putting them somewhere cool & dark and leaving them alone. Regularly shaking them every now and then during the steeping time is recommended, too.

Would probably be best to find someone's post where they list ALL those blogs people have written about steeping, breathing, etc. and read through them to be sure. I plan on doing that before mixing mine.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
My method.

Give them three hours to do a little melding then get the dripper out. Give them a taste. Make notes on every thing you can think of including mouth feel, etc.

Leave cap off for twenty four hours shaking any time I think of it.

Cap on for a week and I consider this pretty much my final product. I don't do tobacco flavors and I think a week is enough time for most all other flavors. Some will change a little more after that but usually not that drastically (some exceptions I realize however). Again take notes on every thing you can think of and compare to previous to see what if any changes have occurred.

Since you made large batches, a repeat testing at two weeks and compare notes.

YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread