eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'm surely not an expert - just started building my own and using TC in June/July of last year.

It seems to me that how much surface area (or not) my coil has with the wick and how well (or not) my wicking job works has an even greater effect on how much vapor I get then temperature.

Granted I usually vape between 380-460F. You'd think that with high (or pure) VG I'd be getting little if any vapor on the low end, however depending on how I build that just is not the case.

I'll generally toodle puff at the low end and if I want more vapor for a while the temperature setting goes up until the juice starts tasting bad. (of course back off at that point)

One build I was using yesterday was starting to seem a bit lame and I was planning on tearing into it when I got home tonight. The thing is that I may just need to dry burn and rewick the coil.

After some testing I believe that the popular TCR values listed and spoke about in ECF work as I'd expect with the Mini and any real (or imagined) differences are in how I have my build not that the Mini is "hot" or "cold" with a specific wire/TCR setting.

(EDIT: yup - a dry burn and rewick & reprime and back in business for another week or two)

Last edited:

aldenf

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2014
    NYC, NJ, USA
    I just ordered one due to some upcoming traveling where a USB charger will be much more convenient then my home charger. Just wondering what kind of battery life I can expect on a 2200mah battery at around 40 watts??

I usually get a full day out of a 2500 mAh HE2, 20 watts, 6ml or so. If that helps...

Snoogs123

Jan 13, 2016
    I just ordered one due to some upcoming traveling where a USB charger will be much more convenient then my home charger. Just wondering what kind of battery life I can expect on a 2200mah battery at around 40 watts??
    I vape around 40 watts. As long as I'm not chain vaping, I can make it through the whole day without popping it on the charger.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    hi
    i just want some advise, i am running my first tc built
    0.4mm ti wire... twisted 2.5mm id @ 0.19 ohm ... mako rda
    35 watts/ 480ºf

it vapes great, but i am new on tc
    is this setup ok??? safe??
    Probably, but depends on the battery you're using.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: 52anddone

spalife

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 13, 2014
    So need some help. Bought some ss 316l and built my first coil trying out this whole customs tcr stuff. Don't really understand. Have seen values of 88-92 used.

Can someone give some guidance. What are others using for 316l.

Using is STM. 6 wraps on my largest mini screwdriver and it came out to 0.49 ohm.

Only previous experience was with nickel and needless to say ss was completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try 0105 and 220-230 Celcius.

Even though technically its above the TCR for 316L it will give you consistent warm vape.
    I have used the above for .6 to 1.5

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    But I will say this I've noticed that the TCR with the VTCmini seems to be a little weak so for me, and I only use Ti I either have to set the TCR ffor about 10 over or turn the temp up a little higher then I would with the SX and I'm sure the DNA is the same as the SX with those being more accurate then the mini. So I would try 88 and turn the temp up to 490F and give it a try.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    So with the mini I would just give the SS316 setting a try and crank it up till you get a good vape or you can mess with the TCR. Myself I just use the Ti mode and I vape it at 490-500F and works just fine. I only need to use 25w but I think SS takes a little more power never used it my self because I love the vape I get with Ti.

spalife

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 13, 2014
    Has anyone figured out what the tcr is for the 316 preset for ss. That setting seems to work ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stock TC SS316 setting seems in my opinion to be set higher
    i.e., between 110-120 to accommodate both 304 & 316L.

The reason it sizzles and fires instantly to a warm/hot vape.

If you are keen and patient enough,
    you can watch it fire above the set pre-heat wattage in the display.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Guys I need help I using SS316L 24ga on my tfv4 dual coil 0.16ohm it keep show protection when I trying to vape.

Easy, turn the power down until you can hold the fire button for a second or two before it hits the temperature limit.

I'm currently using a similar build - dual NiFe52, 0.22ohms, TFV4, 40W, 410F - it takes about 1 second to reach the set point. (I push the fire button when I pick up the mod so it is at temperature once it reaches my mouth)

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    I've been trying the new Cubis task on both my VTC MINIS, using the included PREBUILT SS316 stainless steel .05 ohm coils. Using the VTC's built in SS316 setting I have to bump up my temp to 540f to get a similar Vape as my Titanium builds with other tanks at 470f. I keep my wattage at 35. I've never used SS wire. Tried custom TCR's of 0088, and 0091, and both of those produced NO vapor at all. While I like the Minis, I'm beginning to believe they are just not very accurate especially when I compare to my VS DNA200, though that costs 5x as much. Just a few .0x ohms difference in atty resistance changes the vapor production and overall Vape by huge margins. Maybe some of this inaccuracy from unit to unit accounts for the wide range of settings and different user experiences being reported.

Guess I was expecting too much from these compared to my DNA200, so I'm just going to find temps that suffice using the stock presets, and be happy. Trying to be more scientific then the device allows, is getting to be a time waster, leading to disappointing results. Still great mods for the price point!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread