Panasonic CGR26650A 26650 Bench Test Results...turned out to be fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These cells were donated for the purposes of testing. Thank you! To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18650, 26650, etc.

Disclaimer
    The statements, conclusions, and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion. Carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them. My safety precautions are the ones I have elected to take and you should not assume they will protect you if you attempt to do any testing. Do the research and create your own testing methods and safety precautions.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bottom Line
    In my opinion the two cells I have are fakes. The CGR26650A is a 2650mAh battery and these both tested at around 3800mAh at 15A. I'm rating them at 4200mAh. They are only average performing 26650's and I rate them at 15A continuous. Complete testing was not done because any number of different fakes are probably available.

Continuous-Current Test Results
    image.png image.png

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links:
    List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

18350 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data | E-Cigarette Forum

18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

26650 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread