new vaper asking about coil choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickboxr80

Feb 7, 2016
Maple, canada
hello, I have only been vaping for two weeks now and I want to know what is the best sub tank coil? im not into building my own coils yet. this is the setup I have
150w cuboid box mod
herakles plus sub tank x2
now here is my question, there herakles plus come with two type coils .4ohms and 316L SS.
the .4 ohm coil burned out in about 4 to 5 days and been on the 316L ss coil for about 3 days now. I need to get more coils so just want to figure out which one lasts longer and has best flavour?
my cuboid has both temp control as well as watts

Reactions: dcfluegel

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
You'd be a better judge of that than I would. Which one do you like better? FWIW, I like stainless wire a lot. Welcome to the board.

Ditto, everyone has their own preference, mine happens to be stainless. Seems to last longer in premade coil heads...in rebuildables I haven't replaced a coil in months.

Reactions: suprtrkr

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I was hoping there would be a bit more to it other then preference. Is one cheaper to buy then others, is one better for thin juices, one that does more flavor, etc. what about titanium?
With Titanium you can build contact coils. I've tried it a little but not enough to have an opinion of it other than it works nice with TC.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
hello, I have only been vaping for two weeks now and I want to know what is the best sub tank coil? im not into building my own coils yet. this is the setup I have
150w cuboid box mod
herakles plus sub tank x2
now here is my question, there herakles plus come with two type coils .4ohms and 316L SS.
the .4 ohm coil burned out in about 4 to 5 days and been on the 316L ss coil for about 3 days now. I need to get more coils so just want to figure out which one lasts longer and has best flavour?
my cuboid has both temp control as well as watts

I would suggest learning to rebuild sooner rather than later.

Rebuilding gives you all kinds of options, saves a ton of money, and the flavor is better too.

Reactions: Baditude

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I was hoping there would be a bit more to it other then preference. Is one cheaper to buy then others, is one better for thin juices, one that does more flavor, etc. what about titanium?

the coils get gunked up by the liquid.
unflavoured will not gunk them up as fast.

replacing coils will keep adding up and you will soon find yourself going rebuildable.

(does the atlantis coils work in the herakles? if so then the atlantis rba should fit)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I asked my local shop if there is a rebuilable coil for the herakles plus and he said he hasn't seen one yet and I tried going to the sense website and it was no good
There are thousands of tanks with RBA, RDAs, and RTAs.

Most people once they taste the difference between premade coils, and coils you made and wicked: they NEVER go back.

I started rebuilding the OCC heads for my Kanger Subtank Nano. When I wanted more airflow I went RDAs then I tried vtge Goblin Mini and I use RTAs exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread