• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Québec cracks down on vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Lucie Charlebois, Quebec's junior minister for public health, said the changes will make Quebec a healthier place.

"The bill adopted today contains ambitious measures allowing Quebec to take its place as a world leader in the fight against smoking," she said in a statement.

Damn shame they still don't understand that it is a much safer alterative and it's not even remotely close to smoking. How can someone in that position be so grossly uninformed.

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
That's coming for all of us, no matter where in Canada. This is not a hate speech i'm about to do, it's just the fact i have noticed being amongst the people. No one minds when you vape something that is creating just a small mist like the real cigarette does, but when you go out and blow the cloud that covers the sun, everyone notices and everyone avoids it. People don't know, and people are afraid of what they don't know. That is for the most part reason we are getting banned everywhere, because everyone was abusing the lack of regulation, and some of us have been doing it in an overwhelming and overpowered manner in the public places like shopping malls, public transports etc. That was extremely wrong and now it's coming back in our heads. But, when anyone would start a conversation about not chasing clouds in public places, he would ended up being called names and considered anti vaper. Everyone was saying "law doesn't say it's forbiden, so bite me" and similar stuff. Well, there we go, law has forbid it, and it's not stopping here, it will forbid anything that is not in compliance with some standards. There won't be any cloud chasing at all, and it's going to cost like the real cigarette within a matter of months. We could avoid it if were playing a bit better game out there on the field, but while some of us were trying really hard, others were ignorant as usual. We are humans after all, so nothing to be surprised about :) Now i'll be called names, but honestly i don't care. Not any more...

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
That's coming for all of us, no matter where in Canada. This is not a hate speech i'm about to do, it's just the fact i have noticed being amongst the people. No one minds when you vape something that is creating just a small mist like the real cigarette does, but when you go out and blow the cloud that covers the sun, everyone notices and everyone avoids it. People don't know, and people are afraid of what they don't know. That is for the most part reason we are getting banned everywhere, because everyone was abusing the lack of regulation, and some of us have been doing it in an overwhelming and overpowered manner in the public places like shopping malls, public transports etc. That was extremely wrong and now it's coming back in our heads. But, when anyone would start a conversation about not chasing clouds in public places, he would ended up being called names and considered anti vaper. Everyone was saying "law doesn't say it's forbiden, so bite me" and similar stuff. Well, there we go, law has forbid it, and it's not stopping here, it will forbid anything that is not in compliance with some standards. There won't be any cloud chasing at all, and it's going to cost like the real cigarette within a matter of months. We could avoid it if were playing a bit better game out there on the field, but while some of us were trying really hard, others were ignorant as usual. We are humans after all, so nothing to be surprised about :) Now i'll be called names, but honestly i don't care. Not any more...
nice fresh air, eh!
cant smoke/vape in public places, but this everyone breathes and they dont mind, lol.

mm-bergen-beach-bus-update-2014-10-17-bk01_z.jpg

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Well, yeah, good thing is theres no government to suppress ecigs completely. It will eventually go underground so most of the stuff except for juices will still be available trough some holes in the law. Best thing anyone can do in preparation for vapocalipse is to create a couple years worth stash of nicotine and possibly flavors. Eerything else will keep existing like before. It's not going to be so easily accessible but it will be there....

Reactions: Vaping_Racoon

Mrs.Vapor

Unresolved Status
Feb 29, 2016
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
sad fact is that the more people do quit smoking the more the govt will do to try to make up for lost revenue.
vaping has been the most effective at helping people quit and/or reduce smoking by the fact of how the vaping industry has grown.
govt must curb the rate of smokers quitting because it wasnt forecast in their tax revenue stream.
hence they will have budgets shortfalls due to less tobacco taxes being paid.
ive always stated govt vaping laws was not about our health or fears of youths vaping as a gateway to smoking, its always been about the money.
in canada its in the $5-billion range(globe and mail), but its falling and thats what theyre worried about.

Reactions: epis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread