Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Chris Quintrell

I would say the eGo battery is not powerful enough for the mini Nautilus.

Let's say your battery is 3.7 volts and your Nautilus has the 1.8 coil. That is 7 watts or something (no need for a calculator).
Now, your battery could be 3.3v regulated 'old school' eGo or a 4.2v (when charged fully) eGo.

I vape mini Nautilus at twice that power... 14 watts or thereabouts. It is barely starting to produce decent vapor at 8-10 watts.

Set your tank free! Give it the power to live it's life to it's potential. Buy it a friend. :)

- - -

Most tanks have a 'real world' minimum and a maximum. One hardly gets going, the other will be on the edge of burn-out. I would say 8 or 9 minimum and probably 16 or 17 as the maximum. A standard eGo cannot put you in this zone. :)

Bad luck.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks for your confirmation! I did think this might happen. But assumed at least, that it would run okay on an Ego battery, as it built to fit... Already waiting on a Coolfire 4 to arrive, so hopefully no worries when it does! Cheers :)
It should give you a great vape on the Coolfire 4. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the journey.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for your confirmation! I did think this might happen. But assumed at least, that it would run okay on an Ego battery, as it built to fit... Already waiting on a Coolfire 4 to arrive, so hopefully no worries when it does! Cheers :)

Awesome, problem solved.

I did actually try a mini Nautilus down at 8 watts. The vapor wasn't too bad (I was surprised) but had a 'thin' feel to it. (Looked OK, vaped weak).
As we know though, mods and eGos seemingly at the same power often aren't.
That was my main issue with iTasteVVs/Spinners.... it never seemed genuine.

Coolfire 4 is the sort of thing to make the most of these coils. I love the look of it, too. :)

Reactions: herb

Chris Quintrell

Feb 8, 2016
Glad you approve! I like the look of both..
I have the tank with a metal cover and got a purple Coolfire battery on the way..
Some people won't like the look, but I like the old style mouth piece!
Even if it is a bit Frankenstein to other people, I don't care!
What's the tank like for leaks?
And is it more tolerant if accidentally laid down for a period??

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Glad you approve! I like the look of both..
I have the tank with a metal cover and got a purple Coolfire battery on the way..
Some people won't like the look, but I like the old style mouth piece!
Even if it is a bit Frankenstein to other people, I don't care!
What's the tank like for leaks?
And is it more tolerant if accidentally laid down for a period??
The Nautilus is probably one of the best tanks to not worry about leaks in my opinion. When using it creates a nice vacuum inside the tank and can be a bear to get open to refill. For this problem I just wrapped a rubber band around the glass or bottom part and it twists easy. Some people will recommend blowing into the tank as it supposedly balances pressure but keep a rubber band handy.
You can see in the pic below my rubber band (also used to tell one tank from another and keep track of the flavors)
Vape%20012_zps7j0gq6yw.jpg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I find it one of the best ever for not leaking. You have to wipe the drip tip 'well' now and again.
Mostly, I keep them upright. I charge some mods on the side though and don't take off the tank, and disaster is rare... but that's not like a day in the car on it's side... that might be pushing my luck.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks guys for the insight! :)

Rubber bands at the ready...
I had noticed it was hard to open out of the box..

I've had a few mini's and safe to say never had a moment's bother. I have a method to filling which keeps the base lubricated and smoother than a smooth thing from planet smooth. You fill it up (clean, washed base; which is the problem as the silicone is 'dry') attach the base, screw it down enough to make a seal (so not fully tightened) and invert the tank so juice flows all over the base. Undo the base, let liquid seep around the top of the glass, then re-attach and screw in hand tight. Don't murder it on.
(That's the best I can do to explain). Alternatively, the messy way is to 'juice' the base and try not to get it on your trousers. :eek:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I find it one of the best ever for not leaking. You have to wipe the drip tip 'well' now and again.
Mostly, I keep them upright. I charge some mods on the side though and don't take off the tank, and disaster is rare... but that's not like a day in the car on it's side... that might be pushing my luck.

No doubt about it , the Nautilus is the only tank that has never leaked on me regardless of if it was laying on it's side or not .

People, don't make the mistake of over tightening the base , snug is enough .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Should be ok on a lanyard. But you probably do need to be up in the 8-10 watt range minimum, and 15-17 maximum on that tank.

I find 8 to 10 watts a good minimum for excellent performance as well (BVC coils) and usually keep the wattage at around 12 , just my preference .

I start every new coil on lower wattage , usually around 7 if possible and then go up .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread