Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am not very versed in the Sensitivity of ETG Testing. But I do know that some e-liquids can cause a Breathalyzer to give a False Positive. And this is about the Last Thing you would want in a Interlock Device.

If I was you, I would make sure that Everyone you have to Deal With knows that you use an e-Cigarette. Better for it to be On Record Now.

ere is a Thread where someone Details there Experience. Keep in mind that a Lot can Change Technology Wise since that thread was do. And Nothing that is Said here on the ECF should be construed as Legal Advice.

About vaporizers and breathalyzers...

Reactions: Toronnah

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I have to live with a brethalizer and I knew that I was going to be vaping with it and wanted to find out how it would react to my vape. I sat in the driveway of the installation place (in case it locked me out) and started the car, shut it off, and waited for it to reset (so I could prove that I had just passed 2 minutes before). I then started the car using the exhale from a great big rip on my dripper. B.O.C.= 00.0

YMMV

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have a interlock in my car and take weekly etg test and was wondering if anyone has been in this issue and still been able to vape? I figured the best route would be to go with non pg juices but wanted to see if anyone has been in this situation before or if it is safe to use pg/vg mixes. Any help would be great.

BTW - What you need to think about Very Clearly is there is a Wide Range of Breathalyzers used as Interlock Devices.

There can even be 2 or 3 Different Models used within the Same County. Depending on the Severity of the Conviction. And depending on how many Private Firms are Contracted by the County to administer the Interlock.

kev2187

Feb 7, 2016
I have to live with a brethalizer and I knew that I was going to be vaping with it and wanted to find out how it would react to my vape. I sat in the driveway of the installation place (in case it locked me out) and started the car, shut it off, and waited for it to reset (so I could prove that I had just passed 2 minutes before). I then started the car using the exhale from a great big rip on my dripper. B.O.C.= 00.0

YMMV
What kind of liquid are you using?

I've done some more research and the absolute virgin line at virgin vapor are alcohol free. I even emailed them to make sure and they said that line of liquids is indeed alcohol free.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I make my own juice so I know there isn't any alcohol in my flavorings. There are a few juice makers who use some PGA based flavors and one in particular who uses a lot. But, I still don't think that would be enough to show up on my interlock. Leaving the top off your bottle for 24-48 hours should allow any alcohol to evaporate but just to be on the safe side do as you did already and check with the manufacturer.

Of course, you could go the DIY route if you want to be absolutely sure no alcohol is present.

Best of luck and remember that it just a minor inconvenience for a fairly short period of time and don't let it get you down. I have to have it for a long time and I have learned to live with it and it is second nature to me and I hardly notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread