Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've put 5 or 6 builds in the mini v3. Each and every one performed flawlessly. My favorite so far was the first and the one I went back to. 7 wraps of .26 ga spaced on a 2 mm bit. Ohms out to .7. I had a couple 1.2-1.4 ohm builds that were great, but this build gives me a touch more warmth and flavor. I couldn't be happier with this Atty.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
My experience is the opposite. GVC in a kayfun tasted horrible; could only vape it in my (Authentic) Spheroid. ;)

Yes the Spheroid and Heron are my all time favorite for GVC but this is a SM thread and didn't want to introduce other modders.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I've put 5 or 6 builds in the mini v3. Each and every one performed flawlessly. My favorite so far was the first and the one I went back to. 7 wraps of .26 ga spaced on a 2 mm bit. Ohms out to .7. I had a couple 1.2-1.4 ohm builds that were great, but this build gives me a touch more warmth and flavor. I couldn't be happier with this Atty.

You did repo it from the wife. You are the man. Yes you are.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
I threw in one build into the KM3 when I first got it, a 26ga kanthal spaced 2.4mm coil, .88 ohms, and I've been running it with the airflow screw removed at 20 watts. I've gone through 9 tanks of juice, rewicked 5 times, and it's been 4 days.
No leaks, gurgles, shorts, spitback, "check atomizer" warnings, if fact I only had one dry hit, and that was due to me not opening the juice control after a re-fill... Oops...
This tank has been wonderful, no issues, taste with the build I have is a full, "wet," vape, and refilling couldn't be easier.
I'm over the moon with the Mini V3, and truly only expect one issue: breaking the tank. I'm very careful with all my vape gear, and actually haven't broke any tanks in 2+ yrs (knock on wood,) but I'll definitely be picking up a bell cap and/or spare glass sooner than later.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I threw in one build into the KM3 when I first got it, a 26ga kanthal spaced 2.4mm coil, .88 ohms, and I've been running it with the airflow screw removed at 20 watts. I've gone through 9 tanks of juice, rewicked 5 times, and it's been 4 days.
No leaks, gurgles, shorts, spitback, "check atomizer" warnings, if fact I only had one dry hit, and that was due to me not opening the juice control after a re-fill... Oops...
This tank has been wonderful, no issues, taste with the build I have is a full, "wet," vape, and refilling couldn't be easier.
I'm over the moon with the Mini V3, and truly only expect one issue: breaking the tank. I'm very careful with all my vape gear, and actually haven't broke any tanks in 2+ yrs (knock on wood,) but I'll definitely be picking up a bell cap and/or spare glass sooner than later.
Sounds like an authentic Svoemesto product.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I tried both 26 & 28. I definitely prefer the 26. To me, the bigger advantage is with spaced coils vs contact coils, with either gauge.

Do you prefer spaced? I always make contact coils and with 26, my ohms are below 1 and my juice ends up too warm for my liking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Do you prefer spaced? I always make contact coils and with 26, my ohms are below 1 and my juice ends up too warm for my liking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And therein lies the subjectivity of the coil preference. Some people prefer a warmer vape than others.

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
...It does rather chew through juice though and I dont think that is a build issue, but its so easy to refill, Can almost do it one-handed!

Do you (or anyone else here) find it a juice guzzler?
Q seemed to report that it didn't go through juice as fast as the K4. I have the K4, and feels like it really drinks up juice. Maybe it's I'm just unable to put it down, but I think the K4 is kinda thirsty.
Any thoughts regarding juice usage between K4 and the mini V3?

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Loving my work setup. Sooo tiny...
6d7934e9-c2e7-4abd-ab17-f6922b6b577a.jpg

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Do you (or anyone else here) find it a juice guzzler?
Q seemed to report that it didn't go through juice as fast as the K4. I have the K4, and feels like it really drinks up juice. Maybe it's I'm just unable to put it down, but I think the K4 is kinda thirsty.
Any thoughts regarding juice usage between K4 and the mini V3?
The tank itself doesn't drink juice any more than a K4. Its the size of your coil and how much airflow you have that will determine juice consumption.

Saltwater

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
NC
And therein lies the subjectivity of the coil preference. Some people prefer a warmer vape than others.
Still learning all this spaced vs. microcoil stuff. I can make a good microcoil but for some reason can not get a good spaced coil. Mine should come in today. What should I expect with a spaced coil, or a microcoil using 28 gauge kanthal? Or, which one is hotter or cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread