Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Morning y'all
0dd336a2776dea449f063f2b6c70d08a.jpg

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army from Hendersonville NC.
Last night's game was easy to understand - the Broncos defense was better than the Panthers Offence. That is why Vaughn Miller was voted SB MVP, and not Can Newton.
It was still an interesting game.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army from Hendersonville NC.
Last night's game was easy to understand - the Broncos defense was better than the Panthers Offence. That is why Vaughn Miller was voted SB MVP, and not Can Newton.
It was still an interesting game.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
Total Yards: Carolina 315 Denver 194 (lowest amount of offense by the winning team in SB history)
First Downs: Carolina 21 Denver 11

Carolina's defense was better than Denver's defense by quite a bit. Denver did not win. Carolina lost. Turnovers and penalties KILLED Carolina, not to mention some bad officiating.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
all NFL coaches repeatedly state that you have to win the turnover ratio. Carolina made their season by winning the turnover ratio. last night, Carolina lost the turnover ratio. you cannot repeatedly give your opponent touchdowns and expect to win.
100% correct. It's not about who has the best defense or the best offense or the best special teams. It's about who wins the turnover battle. It could not be more obvious than last night's game. Denver scored two touchdowns in the game. One was a fumble recovery in Carolina' endzone. The other one was a fumble recovery on Carolina's four yard line. Game, set, and match.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
But there is a difference between forced turnovers and stupid mistakes. Example ; Manning lobbed a soft pass directly to a Defensive Lineman. Stupid mistake.
But strip-sacks and hammering a running back hard enough to make him fumble are forced turnovers. Denver's defense repeatedly forced the Panthers into bad plays.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
But there is a difference between forced turnovers and stupid mistakes. Example ; Manning lobbed a soft pass directly to a Defensive Lineman. Stupid mistake.
But strip-sacks and hammering a running back hard enough to make him fumble are forced turnovers. Denver's defense repeatedly forced the Panthers into bad plays.
Cam hasn't been stripped of the ball all year. He's 6'5", 250 pounds and stronger than Paul Bunyan. Cam was facing Von Miller when he was coming after him and he failed to secure the ball. That was a Cam mistake. Mike Tolbert is a wrecking ball...5'9" and 250 pounds of pure violence and he let a little boney cornerback knock the ball out of his breadbasket. On the INT, Ted Ginn let the ball go right through his arms. Not only did he not make the catch but he didn't even knock it down. Those were all Panther screwups. The one Denver forced was when Von Miller knocked the ball out of Cam's hand when he went to throw a pass. Cam didn't see him. But three of the four turnovers were of Carolina's own doing and stuff they were not doing all season until the pressure was on.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Cam hasn't been stripped of the ball all year. He's 6'5", 250 pounds and stronger than Paul Bunyan. Cam was facing Von Miller when he was coming after him and he failed to secure the ball. That was a Cam mistake. Mike Tolbert is a wrecking ball...5'9" and 250 pounds of pure violence and he let a little boney cornerback knock the ball out of his breadbasket. On the INT, Ted Ginn let the ball go right through his arms. Not only did he not make the catch but he didn't even knock it down. Those were all Panther screwups. The one Denver forced was when Von Miller knocked the ball out of Cam's hand when he went to throw a pass. Cam didn't see him. But three of the four turnovers were of Carolina's own doing and stuff they were not doing all season until the pressure was on.
I missed all but the last ten minutes of the game, so I really can't say much except repeat Papaw's comment, in the end the Broncs got the 50th SB under their belts.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I missed all but the last ten minutes of the game, so I really can't say much except repeat Papaw's comment, in the end the Broncs got the 50th SB under their belts.
Gee, and all this time I thought Carolina had won. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm happy for Peyton Manning. :) (Otherwise hate the Broncos.)

I'm heart-broken for Bronze! :D
I like Peyton Manning too. One of my all time favorite athletes.

Glad someone shares my pain. Can't even watch TV. I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread