Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The most recent vape Magazine has Tim (from ProVape) using a term I'd only heard previously from Zen. "Temperature guessing..."
I've never tried temp control and I'm reluctant to knock things I have no experience with. But temp control looks attractive not necessarily because it imparts a better vape but because it can be done. I've never denied vape gear wasn't a hobby.

I have to say, in my vape journey there has been only two or three game changers. One was variable volts/power. The second was the Kayfun design. The third was maybe drippers (utilizing Kayfun's direct-to-coil airflow). The other things like the hundreds of ways to build coils, the hundreds of different wicking materials, fancy mods, temp control, all the Kayfun knockoffs, puff counters, various airflow mechanisms, on and on is nothing but marginal improvements around the edges to dial in the varied nuances of different vapers.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've never tried temp control and I'm reluctant to knock things I have no experience with. But temp control looks attractive not necessarily because it imparts a better vape but because it can be done. I've never denied vape gear wasn't a hobby.

I have to say, in my vape journey there has been only two or three game changers. One was variable volts/power. The second was the Kayfun design. The third was maybe drippers (utilizing Kayfun's direct-to-coil airflow). The other things like the hundreds of ways to build coils, the hundreds of different wicking materials, fancy mods, temp control, all the Kayfun knockoffs, puff counters, various airflow mechanisms, on and on is nothing but marginal improvements around the edges to dial in the varied nuances of different vapers.

I have nothing against it, having not tried it either. I just thought the use of that particular term was interesting.

My philosophy is the simplest of all. I'm happy with my vape, so I'm not looking for anything new and/or "better". It's fine that it's there, but I prefer to keep mine exactly as it is.

Live & let live.

"Variable" pretty much covered what I need. I'm easy (of so I've been told).

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I certainly have no issue with TC. I'm just not sure it would provide any benefit to someone like me, who never vapes above 10 watts. It's likely very beneficial to high watt folks. What I do appreciate is that if anyone can bring out a TC mod with pinpoint accuracy, my money's resting on Provape. Yes it is.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I admire anyone who explores and tries new stuff that can potentially be a game changer. I understand the hobby aspect of vaping as well. After all, I was one of these people when I started out. But like DP, I found my happy space and I haven't seen anything new in the last couple years that would motivate me to re-enter the trail blazing arena. The thought of standing in my cold garage twisting wires around a guitar string with my cordless drill is something that just doesn't thrill me anymore. :)

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I certainly have no issue with TC. I'm just not sure it would provide any benefit to someone like me, who never vapes above 10 watts. It's likely very beneficial to high watt folks. What I do appreciate is that if anyone can bring out a TC mod with pinpoint accuracy, my money's resting on Provape. Yes it is.

I ran TC for several months and have the opinion that it works acceptable well and I don't need it.
Like many here I am seldom above 10 watts.

It was kinda cool to verify that my builds were in a reasonable temperature range.
The best part really was it got me into wrapping spaced coils. :D

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I ran TC for several months and have the opinion that it works acceptable well and I don't need it.
Like many here I am seldom above 10 watts.

It was kinda cool to verify that my builds were in a reasonable temperature range.
The best part really was it got me into wrapping spaced coils. :D

I haven't needed or wanted to wrap a coil in a few months now. Not since I discovered the wonderfully simple, but oh so satisfying vape on a Kabuki!

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I haven't needed or wanted to wrap a coil in a few months now. Not since I discovered the wonderfully simple, but oh so satisfying vape on a Kabuki!

Yes I have heard many praise the Kabuki, HoH does not ship international :blink: so I will never have a Kabuki.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Where there's a will...

Thank you DPL you are a good person. :)

HOH isn't the only place you can order a Kabuki. Provape sells them too.......

I realize this, I don't think Provape is all the international friendly either, perhaps I am wrong. Regardless you are correct I could get one from Provape and I have seem one available from a national vape shop.

However I would not have access to parts and accessories from the manufacturer and the dealer network is not strong here. All in all this policy just annoys me to the point of not wanting one.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
As a matter of fact you are 100% correct. I'd rather not even make the playoffs than to lose an ugly game like that. Didn't even look like the same team. And it's what they did to themselves. They looked like a high school team.
Hey could be worse. You could be a Texans fan and watch the entire Texans coaching team win a super bowl with out the Texans even being there. JJ deserve a ring.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey could be worse. You could be a Texans fan and watch the entire Texans coaching team win a super bowl with out the Texans even being there. JJ deserve a ring.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
At least Texan fans aren't miserable today. :(

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I have heard "temperature guessing" many times from Busardo.

R

I know he is a vaping god and all but the early stuff he did with temp limiting was pathetic.
He had no clue imo, I have not watch much from him since then, maybe he upped his game. :lol:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I know he is a vaping god and all but the early stuff he did with temp limiting was pathetic.
He had no clue imo, I have not watch much from him since then, maybe he upped his game. :lol:

Pathetic or not, no idea. As TC is still in it's baby shoes and it's not for me anyways, might as well be :)

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread