Capella's Vanilla Custard - A DIY Newbie's Bestest Friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I had a bottle of Vanilla Bean Gelato and I liked it. I had been looking for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and they were out, so I got the gelato instead. I used the whole bottle (30 ml) and liked it with everything I put it in. When I went to re-order, the Ice Cream was back in stock so I got that instead and now I'm trying that one out.

I don't know why people are saying they don't get any cheesecake from the Cheesecake Graham Crust. I LOVE THAT FLAVOR. I originally got a bottle of Capella's NY cheesecake because it was so highly recommended, but I could not taste cheesecake with that flavor, EVER. I had a bottle of "strawberry cheesecake" juice sitting in the cupboard for six weeks, and tried some every week, but I never got even the faintest hint of cheesecake from it. Lucky for me, it was one of the baby 13 ml bottles of flavor. I still have half the bottle left and no plans to use it. Meanwhile, I got a bottle (4 oz) of the Cheesecake Graham Crust and it's amazingly good to me. One of my very favorite juices is that mixed with some Capella's Harvest Berry. It's like blueberry/blackberry cheesecake. I can't get enough of it, I just keep making more and more bottles of it. Good thing I got the big bottle! LOL! I've also used it with key lime to make a key lime cheesecake, and of course, strawberry. I think it's a perfect balance of cheesecake and graham cracker crust flavors.

I guess it's true - everyone is different. One man's trash is another man's (or woman's ;) ) treasure. And there are probably a lot of BETTER cheesecake flavors out there, but so far I've only tried the NY cheesecake and the TFA one. Of the two, TFA wins by a LONG shot. But I guess that's just me. :oops:

~Lannie

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
I had a bottle of Vanilla Bean Gelato and I liked it. I had been looking for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and they were out, so I got the gelato instead. I used the whole bottle (30 ml) and liked it with everything I put it in. When I went to re-order, the Ice Cream was back in stock so I got that instead and now I'm trying that one out.

I don't know why people are saying they don't get any cheesecake from the Cheesecake Graham Crust. I LOVE THAT FLAVOR. I originally got a bottle of Capella's NY cheesecake because it was so highly recommended, but I could not taste cheesecake with that flavor, EVER. I had a bottle of "strawberry cheesecake" juice sitting in the cupboard for six weeks, and tried some every week, but I never got even the faintest hint of cheesecake from it. Lucky for me, it was one of the baby 13 ml bottles of flavor. I still have half the bottle left and no plans to use it. Meanwhile, I got a bottle (4 oz) of the Cheesecake Graham Crust and it's amazingly good to me. One of my very favorite juices is that mixed with some Capella's Harvest Berry. It's like blueberry/blackberry cheesecake. I can't get enough of it, I just keep making more and more bottles of it. Good thing I got the big bottle! LOL! I've also used it with key lime to make a key lime cheesecake, and of course, strawberry. I think it's a perfect balance of cheesecake and graham cracker crust flavors.

I guess it's true - everyone is different. One man's trash is another man's (or woman's ;) ) treasure. And there are probably a lot of BETTER cheesecake flavors out there, but so far I've only tried the NY cheesecake and the TFA one. Of the two, TFA wins by a LONG shot. But I guess that's just me. :oops:

~Lannie

I always wanted to try harvest berry. So it's like a blueberry/blackberry combo?

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I always wanted to try harvest berry. So it's like a blueberry/blackberry combo?

That's what it tastes like to me. First, blueberry, then blackberry. It doesn't say WHAT berry flavors are in the mix in the description, but the picture on the label (how sad is that, that we have to go by the label picture?) shows blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries. I can't say I can really pick out the red berries. Mostly I get that "cool" taste of blueberry and blackberry, but I love both those flavors, so it works well for me. ;) Also, it depends on the tank and wattage and stuff, too. It might taste totally different on a Protank with a 1.8 ohm coil at 12 watts. I'm using iSub G tanks with .5 ohm coils, averaging 30 watts, give or take. In my tanks, it's a wonderful, cool, "dark berry" flavor. I like it a lot. :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

~Lannie

No it's definitely not just you , that Cheesecake /Graham Cracker is outstanding and i use it like crazy myself.

I use it in Mothers Milk and i just started using it in my Banana cream mix , i go through that stuff faster than Rosie O, Donnell goes through pastry's at an all you can eat breakfast buffet.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
No it's definitely not just you , that Cheesecake /Graham Cracker is outstanding and i use it like crazy myself.

I use it in Mothers Milk and i just started using it in my Banana cream mix , i go through that stuff faster than Rosie O, Donnell goes through pastry's at an all you can eat breakfast buffet.

I missed that earlier! LOL! :lol::lol::lol:

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Speaking of Forest Fruit, Just yesterday I wanted to get a feel for it in recipes and did a standalone at 5% It is a very nice berry flavor by itself,similar to Mad Mixx, but more berry than fruit, I am going to try a mix of these with some Cap V2 custard and a drop or two of Fresh Cream and se were that ends up.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Speaking of Forest Fruit, Just yesterday I wanted to get a feel for it in recipes and did a standalone at 5% It is a very nice berry flavor by itself,similar to Mad Mixx, but more berry than fruit, I am going to try a mix of these with some Cap V2 custard and a drop or two of Fresh Cream and se were that ends up.

You know that is a fantastic idea , i bet some custard and fresh cream would be delicious with it. Might even add some Vanilla Bean Ice Cream , man , now i'm freaking starving.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
Capella's Harvest Berry is very good but FlavorArt's Forest Fruit is off the charts good.

Yes I've got some forest fruit and I agree.

I tried it stand alone..

Thanks for the inspiration

Vanilla swirl
Forest fruit
Sweet cream
Cheesecake Graham crust

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
Anyone DIYing & likes peanut butter juices I have a recipe that is the result of a juice dump. It's a complex flavor recipe and uses all the spots on the ejuicemeup calculator plus drops of 1 more & sweetner. I'll post it here if anyone is interested in mixing it.

Let's hear it

Also if you have any god ones that use FA brandy let me know

Reactions: Kenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread