Eleaf istick 50w Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I ordered my istick 50 that just arrived last week as a "styled" item. I just couldn't take a chance on the real thing, plus I heard fasttech's istick 50 clones are holding up well. The only difference I found so far is the temperature readout trick doesn't work and you can't flip the screen. I'm very happy so far.

There's always a chance the cloner fixed the problem. Or did it in a smarter way. Lol its happened before.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I ordered my istick 50 that just arrived last week as a "styled" item. I just couldn't take a chance on the real thing, plus I heard fasttech's istick 50 clones are holding up well. The only difference I found so far is the temperature readout trick doesn't work and you can't flip the screen. I'm very happy so far.

Thx. I'll have to take a look at those. I also liked the 1OOw, but chicken to take the chance without giving those that are out now a chance and see what happens with them. I tend to think that although the 5Ow istick had a high failure rate, the way Eleaf handled it made it bigger than it already was. That's not so easy to forget. They come up with nice designs too, but just can't skimp on everything. I still really liked that 6Ow, but not the way they did it.

Reactions: bigbob2322

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Well after about 9 months my 50W just started to auto-fire guess it's time to find a replacement any suggestions?

I got Cool Fire IV. Kangside has some interesting mods out including the Sea Wasp that I was looking at. There's a spreadsheet at "Itty Bitty Mods Under $1OO" thread you might be interested in. Do you want a replaceable battery?

Reactions: Dave_in_OK

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
I got Cool Fire IV. Kangside has some interesting mods out including the Sea Wasp that I was looking at. There's a spreadsheet at "Itty Bitty Mods Under $1OO" thread you might be interested in. Do you want a replaceable battery?
Not really looking for replaceable battery types as I've gotten use to the ease of use of the 50W. I'll have to check out the spreadsheet thanks!

Reactions: aikanae1

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Not really looking for replaceable battery types as I've gotten use to the ease of use of the 50W. I'll have to check out the spreadsheet thanks!

Grab an Evic VT (not mini): built-in 4400 mAh lipo battery, 60 watts and has tempt control settings in case you want to experiment with it. Joyetech has been concentrating on the Evic VTC mini, so the original Evic VT has been drastically reduced in price in most places. I've had mine for 6 months now, and just bought a second one for the future. While I still enjoy my iStick 50W, the Evic VT lasts even longer and has a smoother output signal.

If you change your mind about replaceable batteries, the it would be the iStick 100W. Heavy, solid beast of a mod with dual battery life that kicks some .....

Sorry to hear that your 50W started to die. As I said, I still enjoy mine, but I also enjoy other mods that are just as affordable. It's always good to have back-ups of your back-ups ;)

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Grab an Evic VT (not mini): built-in 4400 mAh lipo battery, 60 watts and has tempt control settings in case you want to experiment with it. Joyetech has been concentrating on the Evic VTC mini, so the original Evic VT has been drastically reduced in price in most places. I've had mine for 6 months now, and just bought a second one for the future. While I still enjoy my iStick 50W, the Evic VT lasts even longer and has a smoother output signal.

If you change your mind about replaceable batteries, the it would be the iStick 100W. Heavy, solid beast of a mod with dual battery life that kicks some .....

Sorry to hear that your 50W started to die. As I said, I still enjoy mine, but I also enjoy other mods that are just as affordable. It's always good to have back-ups of your back-ups ;)

Must say the Evic VT looks very nice and for $43 bucks I just might have get one thanks!

Reactions: jefsview

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Must say the Evic VT looks very nice and for $43 bucks I just might have get one thanks!

VapeNW has them for $39.95 for the express kit (battery only), which is what I picked up for my second VT. Seeing how the Evic VTC mini is $43 and has no battery, it's a steal. Only downside is the board isn't upgradeable, but you can't have everything ;)

Reactions: Dave_in_OK

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
VapeNW has them for $39.95 for the express kit (battery only), which is what I picked up for my second VT. Seeing how the Evic VTC mini is $43 and has no battery, it's a steal. Only downside is the board isn't upgradeable, but you can't have everything ;)
Was just looking at that deal lol. It's a little bigger than what I was thinking about but for the price think I'll be ordering one tonight.

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
My Ijust 2 kit finally arrived from fasttech and I found it to be made pretty much for straight lung hits. Not mtl like I had hoped. I've been working on it but that Ijust 2 is freaking hot with the goofy airflow ring on it. So for now I put the Ijust battery away and hooked up the ijust2 tank to my istick 50w. After a bit of trial I finally have a setup I can do lung hits on. I have the istick set between 35 and 40 watts and am using .5 ohm coil in the ijust2 tank. I'll use that for a while till I get more used to it and increase wattage and then try the full ijust2 battery and tank. Hell, the way it's running right now I may keep it this way.

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
My iStick 50w died after 6 months of heavy use I bought another one but don't use it very much because I got the eVic VTC Mini kit and like it a lot better.I don't think i will be buying anymore eleaf products for a while

When you say "died" what do you mean? Just completely died? Battery won't charge? I'm very curious about how these fail.

Well, after having a 50W for several months without issue, it was stolen from my car. :( I immediately reordered one. Got it on Friday and the damn thing died on Sunday!! WTF?? Tried to open it up to see what the issue was, and two screws wouldn't turn with the proper bit, so I had to destroy it to open it up. It's the damn switch. It's a little, VERY little, piece soldered on POORLY by two VERY small posts. One of these gives, and the whole things is screwed. Both had given way in mine. I tried my best to repair it, but to no avail. This switch is set in a way that heavy pressure on the switch WILL move it... even a very small amount. Too much pressure + a weak solder (both posts were minimal solder) and the switch will separate the three connectors. Bad... horrible design... simply unrealistic to expect that little component to take that much possible variable force on it. Granted the button housing looks like it was designed to not allow pressure to fully rest on the switch, but clearly it does in some scenarios. So disappointed. NOT getting another one, that's for sure!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread