Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can Indiana residents still buy Nic base from online retailers like Wizard Labs? Meaning do they still ship there. I haven't looked so I don't know.

I'm not sure if they Can or Not? pennysmalls could give you a Much Better answer as to the Current abilities in Indiana.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wonder just how much our representatives in the state legislature know about vaping (other than the fear that it can mean a tax base reduction for the state). Maybe some of the reps will read this thread.

Smart money would say, "Just tax the alternative product (juice) at a reasonable rate at the point of sale". It's already being taxed locally at a 7% municipal sales tax rate. But, that wouldn't replace the losses in tobacco taxes from those who quit. Heck, the federal government has been urging smokers to quit for decades ... complain to the Feds!

10 Facts That Everyone Gets Wrong About Vaping - Listverse

This article talks about states and the confusion about e-cigarettes and teenagers, as well as the baffling idea that something that helps people get off cigarettes should be banned while the real thing is protected. The children aren't being protected from ecigs; they are being redirected back toward tobacco if ecigs are banned.

States racing to regulate e-cigarettes

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Can we buy nicotine online, yes, because buying and possession are not made illegal. Mixing it together to make a juice for vaping without a license is illegal. People selling juice, or even giving it away, without a license are committing an offense. All this AFTER July 2016.

This is not about taxes or big tobacco. This is about creating a monopoly for someone or a group of someone's.

I do know the Hoosier Vapers have been in contact with some folks in Georgia. I am attempting to find out what the name of the advocacy group is, but am getting no response on the question of the name of the advocacy group there.

There is a convention kinda' thing that state legislators go to to hang out, spend taxpayer money on, and swap/shop legislation to others. We know the Indiana legislation was at that thing and was shopped around. Georgia is only one of the states we heard rumors about picking it up. The rest escape me because it seems so long ago in my advocacy memory bank.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This is not about taxes or big tobacco. This is about creating a monopoly for someone or a group of someone's.

I agree. BT has a valid reason for wanting the playing field to be cleared. They have a new product to sell and need to recoop the costs associated with their new product.

It's a long time since 2009 and the FDA has been eerily silent on vaping. Sure, inhaling vapor isn't as safe as just breathing plain old air, but it's light years away from the dangers of inhaling burning tobacco particles. The hoopla isn't about protecting the public from vaping dangers; it's about protecting tobacco settlement money for the states and that makes it about the money. We all know that to be true.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Can we buy nicotine online, yes, because buying and possession are not made illegal. Mixing it together to make a juice for vaping without a license is illegal. People selling juice, or even giving it away, without a license are committing an offense. All this AFTER July 2016.

Exactly. If nic is bottled up in any number of ways…prohibitive taxation, curb on sale, criminalization…for the consumer, jigs up. And this serves the best interest of the regulators for whom a consolidated market is efficacy for supervision, enforcement and foremost collection.

Good luck. :)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Don't think I would argue with That.

But people Doing DIY for Personal Use is about the Lowest of my Concerns. Because attempting to Stop Someone from Mixing Up there favorite recipe is all but Unenforceable.

I would be Very Concerned though if something Threatened a person's Ability to Buy Nicotine Base.
I think you answered your question about how they would "enforce" a prohibition on DIY. Take away the concentrated nicotine. I tried to explain that in the other thread....

One more time, prohibiting DIY does not need to result in jack boots breaking down your door to be a problem. If I lived in Ga I'd be buying nic now, not later.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Well I heard back from Stormy's and HHV. I haven't heard back from epipemods or GLV yet. Stormy's said they are gathering info and are going to fight. HHV is also. Think we're all waiting on the CTA.

Just thought I'd update.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think you answered your question about how they would "enforce" a prohibition on DIY. Take away the concentrated nicotine. I tried to explain that in the other thread....

One more time, prohibiting DIY does not need to result in jack boots breaking down your door to be a problem. If I lived in Ga I'd be buying nic now, not later.

Oh I don't think there is Any Doubt that Restriction of Nicotine is the Head of the Snake. And my Comments regarding DIY were more Oriented towards those who Have Nicotine Base.

What I think Needs Clarification here is Can this Proposed Georgia Law Restrict a Person Living in Gerogia from purchasing Nicotine Base, for personal use, from an Out-of-State (OOS) Vendor?

Last edited:

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Definitely. Because if eliquid is 'deemed' a tobacco product, I'm assuming the next step is a rule or clarification that liquid nicotine itself is a tobacco product, which could bring with it a whole host of restrictions. Shipping options for one.

And the tax that NC enacted was only .05/mL but it wasn't just for 'eliquid' it was for nicotine. that's why BCV stopped selling nic and now just carries flavors. the tax alone on a liter of nic would've been $50.00

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
What I think Needs Clarification here is Can this Proposed Georgia Law Restrict an Individual from purchasing Nicotine Base, for personal use, from an Out-of-State (OOS) Vendor?
The way it's written, I don't think so - it's the sum of the parts in question, not the parts themselves. However, you could run into issues with some companies who don't want to chance it or who offer more than DIY ingredients - I know there were some people in Arkansas who weren't able to order mods or coils and such from vendors because they couldn't ship juice there, they just blocked all AR shipping addresses from ordering anything o_O

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The way it's written, I don't think so - it's the sum of the parts in question, not the parts themselves. However, you could run into issues with some companies who don't want to chance it or who offer more than DIY ingredients - I know there were some people in Arkansas who weren't able to order mods or coils and such from vendors because they couldn't ship juice there, they just blocked all AR shipping addresses from ordering anything o_O

I'm not sure what you mean by... "it's the sum of the parts in question, not the parts themselves."

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
598 (a) Except as otherwise permitted by this chapter, a person shall not purchase; receive;
599 manufacture; import; transport; cause to be imported or transported from another state,
600 territory, or country into this state; ship; barter; give away; exchange; furnish; otherwise
601 handle or dispose of
; or possess any e-liquid for purpose of sale.
602 (b) A person shall not knowingly receive or acquire any e-liquid from a person that does
603 not hold a valid license under this chapter.
604 (c) Any person that violates this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor;

I wonder how that would apply to the ECF Classifieds, which does constitute a "sale". Seems like it would be a misdemeanor for anyone in GA to sell their vaping stuff if the law passes?

Cig-alikes are purposely excluded to keep the tobacco lobby from jumping in against it.

I combed the AR laws (which banned purchasing eliquid online from anyone w/out an AR license) and since cigalikes include eliquid, (any system that includes cartridges or tanks with pre-filled eliquid) they cannot be sold on-line but only face to face.

There was no "protecting" tobacco companies who were selling vaper products. The cigalike market was doubly hampered, since they can't sell their hardware either, since it "incorporates" eliquid. (hardware sales is completely permitted under the regs in AR, if they don't contain saturated wicks, saturated cartos, etc.)

BTW, Halo and a few other companies paid to get the right licenses and can therefore ship eliquid to us here. It wasn't expensive. Well, not as expensive as purchasing racing boats with logos ($600,000 or so) like I saw in some vendor ads online, or sponsoring race cars, etc. Vendors will decide how to spend their profits. If everyone belonged to a centralized trade association there would be a lot of resources pooled, and money for legal, lobbying, etc.

This should have been the "big push" 3-4 years ago.

Instead, we are reduced to alerting B&Ms separately and puttting out flyers? In a professional trade assoc. they would have already known about this and mobilized attorneys, etc. and everyone would know.

I guess i have never understood how this industry insists on doing everything piecemeal and thousands of vendors just independently operating with no idea what is going on. Two years ago, arrows had been aimed at the wrong target (FDA) while the real carnage going on HAS BEEN local and regional (the FDA stuff was far off into the future 2 years ago and everyone knew it would take years to come to fruition).

Anyway, living in a state that has been thru this already, I suggest that, instead of arguing among yourselves about what the GA law does and doesn't cover, if it passes, find out.

The attorney for the ATC here in AR was very helpful in interpreting the law and any vaper (or vendor) who called or emailed was told exactly what everything in the law meant. As a matter of fact, they were able to help some vapers who were unable to purchase hardware (NOT included in the law) from vendors out of state who did not understand the new law, and offered to speak to the vendor(s).

FWIW, the guy believed it was part of his job to take the time to explain the law, in full, to anyone who inquired. And was willing to spend as much time as necessary to do so.

Instead, in this topic, we have a member name-calling another member (again). :(
I have no idea why, every time there's a crisis, that there is always a contingent of the vaping community that lashes out at ..... each other. It's really a shame to see it. :( This bullying thing should not fly here.

BTW, when I started the AR topic a year ago, there were a few members that instead of posting condolences, instead told us what a crummy, backward state we lived in, and that places they lived (FL and GA) would never do stuff like that. :eek:

So instead of feeling supported, AR vapers had to contend with the "my state is better than your state" nonsense. :confused:

Hope you guys have better luck in this topic. Go to the source and ask questions. It does no good to explain Arkansas because our laws are completely different than IN, GA, FL, etc.

Last edited:

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
the sum of the parts is e-liquid, which is what they're legislating. Not the parts, i.e. nicotine base (you can't vape 100mg/mL base), flavorings aren't mentioned, PG, VG, etc.. Just the final product.

It's like saying you can have a glass of vodka or a glass of OJ but if you mix them together, you need a liquor license or bartenders license.

Speaking of which, I've noticed on the wording of a couple of these type bills, the way they say 'mix' without regard to content or context, it would also mean that if you bought a bottle of GA certified vanilla custard juice and a bottle of GA certified strawberry cream juice and want to 'mix' a tank with half of each, you'd need a manufacturer's license.

Not that I think that was intention; in fact I think the opposite is true - they don't really understand a lot about vaping.. just enough to be dangerous o_O

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Just the final product.

That is because it is easy to put lot numbers and such and INVENTORY eliquid in bottles on shelves, just like they do for cigarettes. To eventually be taxed (in 2 years here in AR). That's all AR was trying to accomplish. From what I understand it will be put to a vote 2 years after the face-to-face (w/out manufacturer's license) was passed.

I have no idea what other states are trying to accomplish. when i saw the stuff in FL, with the words "possession" and such, I realized how different states are. IN and GA seem like totally different laws than the one that passed here. But I haven't read everything in other states.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
snip~
Instead, in this topic, we have a member name-calling another member. :(
I have no idea why, every time there's a crisis, that there is always a contingent of the vaping community that lashes out at ..... each other. It's really a shame to see it. :(

BTW, when I started the AR topic a year ago, there were a few members that instead of posting condolences, instead told us what a crummy, backward state we lived in, and that places they lived (FL and GA) would never do stuff like that. :eek:

So instead of feeling supported, AR vapers had to contend with the "my state is better than your state" nonsense. :confused:

double like

Reactions: MacTechVpr

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Well I heard back from Stormy's and HHV. I haven't heard back from epipemods or GLV yet. Stormy's said they are gathering info and are going to fight. HHV is also. Think we're all waiting on the CTA.

Just thought I'd update.

Thanks ckquatt for the update, I'm glad to hear that Stormy's already knows.:thumbs:

I'm telling everyone I know about the proposed bill, and will continue to do so, I'm ready to help protect our Right to Vape.:thumbs:

Thanks All for the info and guidance. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread