Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
VaperzCloud makes some nice stuff, that tank is built great but the air flow/juice flow ring on the inside kills the whole design for me.

They also have a new series box mod called the piglet that is just pure awesome. If I didn't already have 2 noisy crickets I woulda got it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I actually like the ring, works great as a guide for the cotton

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I finally coiled that BoSun today. First thing a grub screw striped right off the bat, must be aluminum or something close, hell I wasn't even reefing on it and it rounded off, unbelievable...!

The airflow is something to be desired. Push down on the drip tip and the top airflow collapses into the atty, piss poor o-rings and design.

Another one for the pile of "won't be using again" atty's.
Ouch, now I feel bad about even bringing it up

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I think I need to stick with what atty's I have for a while...have some of the best atty's ever made, and I'm still chasing the dragon. That's considered insanity I think...:)
I said the same thing awhile back. I really don't need anything else. I have multiple attys that put out incredible flavor. When GeekVape's Tsunami comes out, I'll probably get that and then hold off for a bit. Well that and the Pancake I got on Chowder's list for. I'd rather put money and time into my DIY.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I said the same thing awhile back. I really don't need anything else. I have multiple attys that put out incredible flavor. When GeekVape's Tsunami comes out, I'll probably get that and then hold off for a bit. Well that and the Pancake I got on Chowder's list for. I'd rather put money and time into my DIY.
I have the same thing happening. I was super pleased with my Aeolus v2. Then bought a slew of RDAs recently that I thought would be great, and didn't come near what I already have. I've since sold them all and am just going to wait until my Aeolus Lite gets here and hold off for a while as well. I also need to get back investing in my DIY. I swear every time I make a recipe, I am down another flavor. Or I find another recipe I want to try and don't have any of the key ingredients for the profile.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have the same thing happening. I was super pleased with my Aeolus v2. Then bought a slew of RDAs recently that I thought would be great, and didn't come near what I already have. I've since sold them all and am just going to wait until my Aeolus Lite gets here and hold off for a while as well. I also need to get back investing in my DIY. I swear every time I make a recipe, I am down another flavor. Or I find another recipe I want to try and don't have any of the key ingredients for the profile.
I've been flying by the seat of my pants since I started DIY. I probably should use more actual recipes that are proven but I'm being stubborn and trying to come up with my own mixes right out of the gate. The hardest part is being patient. My first set of 15ml test batches were okay but I vaped them all before the end of two weeks. I think they may have matured into better flavors had I waited. So that's where I'm at now. I have 16 10 or 15ml test batches that I drip less than a ml of every couple of days to see how the flavor changes. I'm polishing off my stash of pre-made juices while I do so.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I've been flying by the seat of my pants since I started DIY. I probably should use more actual recipes that are proven but I'm being stubborn and trying to come up with my own mixes right out of the gate. The hardest part is being patient. My first set of 15ml test batches were okay but I vaped them all before the end of two weeks. I think they may have matured into better flavors had I waited. So that's where I'm at now. I have 16 10 or 15ml test batches that I drip less than a ml of every couple of days to see how the flavor changes. I'm polishing off my stash of pre-made juices while I do so.
I tend to just fly in and make other people's recipes and end up flying through 30ml the juice in 2 days or dumping it after 2 months because it never got any better. I don't like to steep. And I get burned out on flavors REALLY easily. In fact, I'm making 2 new 30ml recipes tonight that may last the next 2 days. I found I'm heavy handed when trying my own thing. Either adding too many flavors or too much of one. I haven't bought myself a label juice in months though, so I still feel like I'm doing SOMETHING right lol.

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Did anyone come up with that DIY screwbacco?
Not yet. I'm still trying to get the strawberry right. Once I get it at least close, I'll add it to tobacco and see what I can come up with. I still need to order some more tobaccos cause the one I have might work well with strawberry but I don't think it will taste close to Screwbacco.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Random, but anyone have the Pheno-L with the top air sleeve/cap? If so, thoughts? Recommendations? Opinions?
Calling in @TorontoOntario because he has a few phenotypes and loves them. I would imagine he got one of those caps too but I could be wrong.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Calling in @TorontoOntario because he has a few phenotypes and loves them. I would imagine he got one of those caps too but I could be wrong.

Any advice on just getting te pheno-l would be great. I'm considering picking it up, but have heard a lot of complaints about it to go along with the good things I've heard.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
So for those that were following my struggle with N8Mods and my solstice rda I finally received it back from them today.

I break it out of the package and I guess I got a new one, but hey I couldn't tell cause the thing is dirtier then sh*t. First thing I did was put water in it and let it sit to see if there was leaking. I didn't even walk away for a whole 30 seconds and it was flooding out of the bottom.......yup I know @jhhollier I have the worst luck right? Lol. God this company is really pissing me off lately. So I blasted them in an email and got told they did the same thing I did and it didn't leak for them, OF COURSE IT DIDN'T. I'm tired at this point and I want it fixed so I can sell it, I'm not even Interested anymore. N8Mods can suck it.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
So for those that were following my struggle with N8Mods and my solstice rda I finally received it back from them today.

I break it out of the package and I guess I got a new one, but hey I couldn't tell cause the thing is dirtier then sh*t. First thing I did was put water in it and let it sit to see if there was leaking. I didn't even walk away for a whole 30 seconds and it was flooding out of the bottom.......yup I know @jhhollier I have the worst luck right? Lol. God this company is really pissing me off lately. So I blasted them in an email and got told they did the same thing I did and it didn't leak for them, OF COURSE IT DIDN'T. I'm tired at this point and I want it fixed so I can sell it, I'm not even Interested anymore. N8Mods can suck it.

Unbelievable. What did Kidney Puncher have to say? Maybe they'd refund you?

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Unbelievable. What did Kidney Puncher have to say? Maybe they'd refund you?
I haven't even tried talking to them yet, I figured I'd go straight to the source since it's technically not kidney punchers fault or problem. I thought since it was made here in the US I'd get somewhere, which I did but I'm still at square 1.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I haven't even tried talking to them yet, I figured I'd go straight to the source since it's technically not kidney punchers fault or problem. I thought since it was made here in the US I'd get somewhere, which I did but I'm still at square 1.

I can understand that as it's not KP's fault but at this point I'd email them and find out what, if anything, they're willing to do.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015

That is incredibly ridiculous. I can't believe company's have the nerve to sell their attys above $60, market it as made in America and then pretty much tell their customers to f*** themselves when something goes wrong. Isn't that the point of putting "made in America" in the specs? To me, that means the product should have great machining and work reliably or else you deserve a refund.

That's just embarrassing for us Americans who like to support our own companies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
That is incredibly ridiculous. I can't believe company's have the nerve to sell their attys above $60, market it as made in America and then pretty much tell their customers to f*** themselves when something goes wrong. Isn't that the point of putting "made in America" in the specs? To me, that means the product should have great machining and work reliably or else you deserve a refund.

That's just embarrassing for us Americans who like to support our own companies.

The whole thing is ridiculous and I told them basically everything you just said. It's no wonder people buy certain clones of certain items, I mean I'd put money on it if I bought a clone solstice it wouldn't leak one bit. It's just sad, I told them they need to stop promoting all this "made in the usa" crap all over the place and engraving it on there rda if it's just gonna spew liquid everywhere or there gonna keep sending me defective products. I'm glad I decided to put liquid in it BEFORE I built it, cause if I had this thing would of went flying across the room. Another thing that really chaps my a** is the fact that he said it makes not one bit of sense cause I checked it before I sent it.......I'm sorry I wasn't aware I had a reason to lie?! They act like I'm getting something out of all this like free products or whatever, the only thing I'm getting is aggravated.

Not to mention I have to now clean this again and it's gonna take a while, I swear it looks like it was left out in the rain and snow for 3 months. It's disgusting inside.

I'm extremely glad I didn't pay full retail price for this and only paid 65$ which is now 75$ since I had to pay out of pocket to have it shipped back. There crazy charging 90$ for this thing on there site. Whether all this works out or not I will not be supporting them in anything they do from here on out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread