Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Wow! Super nice! What sanding sponge did you use?

I use a couple of different types but they all work... I like the ones that have the sponge in the centre and work best with running water.
Sponges 001.JPG
Sponges 002.JPG
Sponges 003.JPG

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Now, I'm beginning the "rubbing my hands together" stage for the debut of the sale date!! Exciting times, these are

One suggestion Lazyee on the wife and new shoes approach: begin leaving shoe catalogs about the house, cut out shoe sale ads from the newspapers, share with her shoes you've seen on-line, or when driving together take note verbally of all the shoe stores you see.....

Good advice for the newly married but my wife is jaded to my ways and this would immediately lead to suspicion.o_O My advice is with the most heinous of holidays near, Valentine's Day:D, which is designed to cause all males to either sink or swim, all the while tied to a large rock, is to make your purchase but spend an equal amount on the wife.

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I my experience, most "don't let the <sig other> know" purchases are based in guilt over the purchase, specifically, that it's something you want, but don't really need and the <sig other> is your conscience incarnate.

I use that as a razor. If I wouldn't want to tell my wife, I prolly don't make the purchase - it's my only (if flimsy) restraint filter.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I my experience, most "don't let the <sig other> know" purchases are based in guilt over the purchase, specifically, that it's something you want, but don't really need and the <sig other> is your conscience incarnate.

I use that as a razor. If I wouldn't want to tell my wife, I prolly don't make the purchase - it's my only (if flimsy) restraint filter.

Very well said, Papa. I couldn't agree more.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Honestly, my initial comment was made in jest! We have been married long enough that we don't have to make like for like purchases, we know that it will all even out in the end. Having said that we don't make larger purchases without talking to each other as that can lead to us going overdrawn at the bank etc. There is a long list of things that need to be paid for, before vape gear. General household stuff and the kids come first. Toys for either of us come at the bottom of the list. It will happen when it happens. I have found I enjoy things much more if I save up and buy them.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Being single, I don't have to get approval or tell anyone what I get......but the flip side is..... being disabled......I'm broke and can't buy much of nuttin anyhow :confused:
but you have been gifted quite a bit already. so why bring it up?

for the record, i'm also disabled and on a fixed income, as i have been since my first day in Reoville.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Mamaw and I have separate banks, let alone separate accounts. One less thing for us to "discuss".
We split the bills. She gets the groceries, I pay the mortgage. She gets the electric bill, I have the car payments. She gets the water bill, I get the Satellite & internet &.....
Yea, it's a little slanted. But a woman needs money for "her things". And I have a bigger paycheck. And she is an excellent cook.
As far as Reos, that's " my things". And she just laughs and says that I traded one habit for another.

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
Mamaw and I have separate banks, let alone separate accounts. One less thing for us to "discuss".
We split the bills. She gets the groceries, I pay the mortgage. She gets the electric bill, I have the car payments. She gets the water bill, I get the Satellite & internet &.....
Yea, it's a little slanted. But a woman needs money for "her things". And I have a bigger paycheck. And she is an excellent cook.
As far as Reos, that's " my things". And she just laughs and says that I traded one habit for another.
Sounds a lot like the wife and me. We got married at 30 and decided to just keep separate finances. We just handle it too differently. I'm more electronic, she still writes everything down and mails physical checks for her bills :)
Recently I pushed against the slant and told her I'm not buying her smokes anymore as the price went up again. When I mentioned I might get a new Reo model, she I'd have to get her a carton o_O
Side note, I've told her if she switches to vaping, I'd pay for all the gear and supplies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
but you have been gifted quite a bit already. so why bring it up?

for the record, i'm also disabled and on a fixed income, as i have been since my first day in Reoville.

I was simply trying to make conversation, kinda like everyone else. If it sounded to anyone like I was whining or begging, I assure I wasn't and I apologize if it seemed that way. Yes, I have been incredibly blessed by folks here, and am very grateful for it. For the record, I've not asked anyone to give me anything, til the other day when I offered to trade some cotton for a piece of rayon. I have also refused things that have been offered, not because I didn't want them, but because I didn't need them. I've also given quite a bit when I could and hooked other folks up with things when I knew of someone that was giving something away.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Wow, that sounds EXACTLY like me and Mrs. Havok! Except that I do the cooking too. :D

She typically rolls her eyes at all my vaping purchases but will ooh and ahh if I get a particularly colorful one. She loves the purple SL I got a year ago.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I was simply trying to make conversation, kinda like everyone else. If it sounded to anyone like I was whining or begging, I assure I wasn't and I apologize if it seemed that way. Yes, I have been incredibly blessed by folks here, and am very grateful for it. For the record, I've not asked anyone to give me anything, til the other day when I offered to trade some cotton for a piece of rayon. I have also refused things that have been offered, not because I didn't want them, but because I didn't need them. I've also given quite a bit when I could and hooked other folks up with things when I knew of someone that was giving something away.
Deb, I have a huge box of rayon.....did you get some or do you still WANT some? I will stick some in an envelope and send it your way. (This offer is out there for anyone else who might want to try some rayon......please take some off my hands.)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Deb, I have a huge box of rayon.....did you get some or do you still WANT some? I will stick some in an envelope and send it your way. (This offer is out there for anyone else who might want to try some rayon......please take some off my hands.)
I got some yesterday sweetie. You're sweet to offer, and I've seen you offer many times. Gonna try it later today.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I got some yesterday sweetie. You're sweet to offer, and I've seen you offer many times. Gonna try it later today.
I think you're going to like it. Heads up that you might need to use a tiny bit more in your coil than you do with cotton. Rayon doesn't swell up like cotton does, so it needs to be pretty solid in there. Don't just cram it in....but don't make it loose enough it'll slide through easily like we do with cotton.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I think you're going to like it. Heads up that you might need to use a tiny bit more in your coil than you do with cotton. Rayon doesn't swell up like cotton does, so it needs to be pretty solid in there. Don't just cram it in....but don't make it loose enough it'll slide through easily like we do with cotton.
Thanks, looking forward to trying it. I've been super happy with KGD, but will see how I like the rayon. I didn't care for the Tx Tuff, so if anyone would like to try a bit, pm your addy and I'll send you some til I run out.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Honestly, my initial comment was made in jest! We have been married long enough that we don't have to make like for like purchases, we know that it will all even out in the end. Having said that we don't make larger purchases without talking to each other as that can lead to us going overdrawn at the bank etc. There is a long list of things that need to be paid for, before vape gear. General household stuff and the kids come first. Toys for either of us come at the bottom of the list. It will happen when it happens. I have found I enjoy things much more if I save up and buy them.
Well said and sounds wonderfully familiar (except for the kids. Not that they don't come first, it's that we passed on that option ).

Reactions: Debadoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread