Vaping for more than the nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
Hey everyone! So how many of you all vape for more than just the nic? I mean, that is nice and all. But I find that I vape because I like to vape. I mean if I ever decide to give up the nic I would keep vaping 0. Anyone else out there like that? The reason I started smoking in the first place is because I like the way smoke looks. And I have an oral fixation. Before I started smoking I was biting my nails and the like. And on top of that, it taste good. And THE CLOUDS.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I smoked a pipe for nearly 50 years and had quite a collection of good pipes; I enjoyed looking at them, admiring the grain of the briar, polishing them, filling them, trying different flavours of tobacco as well as smoking them and watching the smoke drift lazily away. They were also things to occupy my
hands with.

My wife would often say to me, "I don't know what you'd find to do if you didn't have all that work with your pipes that you do."

Working with vape devices, looking after them, building coils, working with wicks etc satisfies me much the same way my pipes did and I genuinely don't miss the smoking aspect now I have vaping.

Last edited:

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Hey everyone! So how many of you all vape for more than just the nic? I mean, that is nice and all. But I find that I vape because I like to vape. I mean if I ever decide to give up the nic I would keep vaping 0. Anyone else out there like that? The reason I started smoking in the first place is because I like the way smoke looks. And I have an oral fixation. Before I started smoking I was biting my nails and the like. And on top of that, it taste good. And THE CLOUDS.
i have found that i really enjoy the process of vaping - some of that may be related to being a bit ocd and borderline aspergers, lol, but, i do enjoy the ritual - it has become a bit of a hobby, as well - diy juice mixing, coil building, etc :)

Reactions: anavidfan

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
The reason I started smoking in the first place is because I like the way smoke looks. And I have an oral fixation. Before I started smoking I was biting my nails and the like. And on top of that, it taste good. And THE CLOUDS.

Oh God , at least you didn't add "bro" on the end of "the clouds" , don't know how much more of that i can handle .

Everyone vape's for different reasons , i think i do it because i'm naturally fidgety and get bored easy .

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Absolutely. For me, I don't think smoking was ever really about the nic anyway. I smoked because I liked smoking. I liked the physical activity of it, the hand-to-mouth action, the feel of breathing the smoke into my lungs, and then blowing it out again. When I started vaping, I didn't even think I wanted to quit smoking, but over time (and with better equipment than what I got at the corner store) I've found that I can get all the same enjoyment from it that I got from smoking, and now I've been tobacco-free for nearly a year! I do use some nic in my liquid, but I keep it low at 3 or 6mg/ml; I did try vaping zero-nic for a while, and it didn't really "do it" for me but I think that was more about the "mouth-feel" and "throat hit" it provides more than any physiological dependence on the chemical itself.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Vaping makes me feel smug. I managed something that should have been impossible. I feel good about that every day. Along the way I've helped a few other people do the same. I feel good about that too. I get special pleasure from having an experience that's superior to smoking and costs me practically nothing. Last but not least I'm denying Mr. Big Government his addiction, to my money.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ditto on all the above. I started smoking about 30 years ago? More off then on until about 10 years ago.

A pack of lights would last me over a week but then "life" got crazy and my special man and I got together and since he smoked it went up to a pack and a half a day.

I started feeling bad, wheezing at bit at first and started with the constant coughs and sinus problems but like all smokers just decided to ignore it.

Mostly I picked up ecigs because I got tired of those non smokers doing the hacking and dying coughs the moment they saw a cigarette in my hand yards away at school. I was always in the shadows as it was and behind buildings but there were always those that seemed to be seeking out the "bad smokers" just so they could let them know how offended they were.

I would get a kick out of their faces when they got close and there was no smell and that it was not a cigarette. Id just smile and get an inner giggle and satisfaction.

Then I realized how much I really liked "not inhaling all that smoke" so I just did not buy anymore cigarettes and found that the reasons I smoked was that fidget factor and the plumes/ clouds.

I have been vaping for almost 4? years now and I really enjoy it for the same reason you all. I love the clouds and the gadget/ tinker factor and of course those soft billowy clouds.... Ahhhh, clouds...

Reactions: Falconeer

Bandit6

Feb 9, 2016
I smoked regular cigs in the past, usually only socially in the pub etc... I gave up for a number of years, and only recently got into vaping....
I use my e-cig because I like the look of it, I like technology, and most of all I enjoy trying out the various flavours.

Haven't tried any 0mg flavour yet, but the ones I've got so far are all very low strength (6 -8mg)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have not really gotten into the building on it yet. My friend at the Vape shop set me up with a "forever build" On my atty when I got it. And I have not had the money to really mess with it yet. But I love to build computers. So I am sure I will like it =)

"Forever" build? I think Id like to see this forever build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread