Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
and, thanks to Gary, i just found this. i never knew my first blues heroine appeared in a film.

and, i never knew she was buried in Philly. another reason i may want to visit there some day:

Unmarked grave
The grave remained unmarked until August 7, 1970, when a tombstone—paid for by singer Janis Joplin and Juanita Green, who as a child had done housework for Smith—was erected.[20]

There was a movie on tv this last year about her life. Queen Latifa played Bessie. It was very interesting.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I shoulda known better after wearing these things for 8 years.

Hey legs, no need to beat yourself up... you've done 'nuff damage fer a lifetime!

H3ll, I shoulda known better myself. Won't happen dat way ever again!

Oh my my my my!!!!

I can think of a few other things to be doing whilst this one is playing in the background....

See... gotta say "I told y'all so!"

Kay is only two months away...

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Yep ... but then they'd probably start acting their age bashing each other around.

2275379291.jpg
I don't know about them .... but I don't know how to act my age .. never been this old before :pop:

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
That's hilarious! Hair searches, & Mardi Gras parades in one day! You should have pulled out your phone & made a video!
I thought about it, but with my luck, I'd have run over the crazy Mardi Gras people who kept walking in front of my car.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
I did not comment on wasting money on the SB. I just do not care for spectator sports. Playing them is fine. I have no heroes.
The bread and circuses thing is keep the masses occupied on things other than they what they should focus on like corrupt government and such.

You know, I found myself Sunday evening being extremely sarcastic about the Super Bowl. I was sitting down at supper with a couple of the guys and one of them asked me if I was going to watch it. I told him HELL to the NO. I know a lot of NFL players do a lot of charity work, and that is a good thing, but the state of the world today just somehow was in my skin, and I had no earthly use for a bunch of guys running around chasing a pig skin.

I puttered around my office doing some work and I didn't watch a lick of the game. Everybody else was in the back watching. I did watch some of the half time show, and I wasn't impressed with that either. Yep, the bitter was deep in my bones on Super Bowl Sunday. Some of it is still with me today.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I puttered around my office doing some work and I didn't watch a lick of the game. Everybody else was in the back watching. I did watch some of the half time show, and I wasn't impressed with that either. Yep, the bitter was deep in my bones on Super Bowl Sunday. Some of it is still with me today.
Awww... so sorry you are still feeling bad.
hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread