Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
You sneaky peeps, I wasn't going to do The dna40 I delrin, I was gonna do that in aluminum, is is that a game changer for anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Not for me man. In fact I prefer aluminum, or even better brass. For me Derlin looks cheaper. But it's a matter of taste really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Here's the mod hardy to a galaxy s5 , it's got a very slim case on it (the phone) is much smaller than the big I phone out the note.

6fa8fb9565f05b875a6cdf257a641c74.jpg
dc1d13ff4b3b04d61ee412820a40ed1c.jpg

Almost exactly as wide and about half as tall.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
You sneaky peeps, I wasn't going to do The dna40 I delrin, I was gonna do that in aluminum, is is that a game changer for anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For a lot of people a delrin DNA40 squonker is a game changer. It's light, pocket friendly, durable & rock solid with the DNA chip. The delrin feels nice in the hand & is scratch resistant, I always worry taking my Sunboxes out with me that I'll scratch them but they work so good I hate not using them. Delrin can be buffed or sanded out while anodized aluminum can't. The real game changer would be a lipo pack in a DNA40 giving the same battery life as a dual 18650 with the wright & small form factor of a single 18650 DNA40 box.

Also Tom, I highly encourage you to swing by your local vape shop & put a Reuleaux in your hands. A squonk box with the same form factor as the Reuleaux would be the ultimate squonk mod, especially if made in Delrin. I held the RX200 & had to have it even though I barely use tanks or drippers anymore, now I've been using tanks when I travel just so I can use my Reuleaux. I haven't felt anything that fits my hand as well as that mod, check it out.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Personally if I was getting a regulated, I'd buy the White Derlin DNA200 with the Lipo, it isn't taller than that Bic, and probably ~1/4-1/2" wider if you held the Bic sideways or not much bigger than my CAM-M or Tbev's dually I'd imagine. I'd like to see the batteries between the board and bottle, leave the button where it is, and run a couple wires across the top inside of the case for it. Frying two DNA's squonking keeps me true to Mechs, but I do like that White Derlin.

Using Mechs, I vape between 35-46 watts making a DNA40 average for my wattage range, I wouldn't think it might be only a few ounces lighter than the 200.

As for portability when I'm out, I am either vaping my Dually or 26650, or carrying it in my back pocket while not sitting, or leaving in the locked car, a slight problem a suitable pouch or sling can remedy.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
The 2 cell lipo was so that you could swap out the lipo for the disk 18650 tray, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that if I do it the other way, it looks like it's going to be under 2in wide and under our around 2in long, same height. I'm not going with any smaller lipo, that's just lousy imo.

Last edited:

bottomfeeder

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
Fremont, CA S.F. Bay Area
The 2 cell lipo was so that you could swap out the lipo for the disk 18650 tray, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that if I do it the other way, it looks like it's going to be under 2in wide and under our around 2in long, same height. I'm not going with any smaller lipo, that's just lousy imo.
I agree on not going any smaller on the lipo. If it sacrifices anything in size it will be a small difference.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
I'm not into aluminum mods, most of my mods are wood. Delrin would be great, Its just what works for me personally. I've been there with the gdna, didn't work out for me. I certainly saw the potential, but unreliable fit by the builder made it unusable. I'm always interested in giving regulated another go if fits my vaping taste. My preference is to use 14mm attys at .8 so over 20 watts rarely happens.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I'm not into aluminum mods, most of my mods are wood. Delrin would be great, Its just what works for me personally. I've been there with the gdna, didn't work out for me. I certainly saw the potential, but unreliable fit by the builder made it unusable. I'm always interested in giving regulated another go if fits my vaping taste. My preference is to use 14mm attys at .8 so over 20 watts rarely happens.
Element77 I love 14 mm atties and so far I have the Cyclone AFC, the O 16, the RM2 and the RM 4 (in a descending order of preference). What other atties would you recommend?

In my reg time a 1.2 ohm coil @18-20 watts was my preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: rudedog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread