Spring collapse! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
Woe is me. I wanted to fire up this bad boy after a few months, and put a battery in, and tried firing and promptly collapsed my spring. Column on my RM2 was broken and didn't realize it.

However I just bought a chalice 3. Now what would I need to buy from Rob to get my Reo fixed? I know there is a low ohm spring that you could buy but I cannot for the life of me figure out where that is and what else I would need to get with it?

Could someone please let me know what I should get?

Thanks!

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Dis one for a metal Grand (order at least two)
Springs_for_Meta_537cf51576b83_100x100.jpg

Or...

SPRING? . . . . .. what spring?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I believe Rob only sells the newer gold (low ohm) springs on his site. These are available in the accessories section of the web page.

Note that you need to get the one appropriate for your REO - the springs are clearly listed for each REO model they pertain to (eg, springs for metal reos, etc.).

By the sounds of it, all you would need to do is swap out the spring on your mod. The RM2... that's another story.

While you are at it, and if you don't already have them, you might want to consider getting an entire gold contact rebuild kit. In addition to a new spring, this would upgrade your firing pin. It would, however, mean a little more "surgery" on your part to install the pin, which you'd need to be comfortable with.

Wouldn't hurt to have a couple spare springs around just in case - future proof being without a working mod.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Yep, with the Chalice careful checking with the cap on is required before firing it up. My guess is more springs have collapsed due to this atty than any other. Its a tight fit, especially with larger wire sizes.
Yep! Collapsed 3 myself with that demon of an atty!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jifjifjif

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
Yep, with the Chalice careful checking with the cap on is required before firing it up. My guess is more springs have collapsed due to this atty than any other. Its a tight fit, especially with larger wire sizes.

yeah man i've collapsed my first and only spring too with the chalice. Now i wrap the coil, insert the cap and check on the ohm meter if there is a short. I 'm doing it for all atomizer since then.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
REMINDER: Take it easy on the screw holding the delrin in place it is very easy to strip out the threads. Also the screw holding the spring in is very tight. Hold it in place with a screwdriver and turn the spring toward the back of the mod. It should loosen it up a bit. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I just got back into town and will be getting it replaced tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
REMINDER: Take it easy on the screw holding the delrin in place it is very easy to strip out the threads. Also the screw holding the spring in is very tight. Hold it in place with a screwdriver and turn the spring toward the back of the mod. It should loosen it up a bit. Hope this helps.
Theres no need to remove the delrin to replace the spring :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread