New 18650 at my B&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I doubt the B&M owner friend will pay for the medical bills if something goes wrong. I wouldn't trust anyone to "have my back" when it comes to medical bills, especially a guy at a store that's selling me something, even if I considered him a friend.
Very true. I always wondered what people meant when they say their (whoever) has their back should an accident occur. Are they going to pay for the medical bills and the loss in pay while you recover? I think not.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
OP, please... you're talking the equivalent of wingsuiting through a stone arch.

First... our RXs are some para-series setup. I have no idea how the amp draw is distributed in such an arraignment, but you've already said you're looking to bang 'em at 150w. Not logical.

Second... you're hunting Unicorns. Our best known 3000 mAh cells are 20A CDR. You're pinning your hopes (and hand, and face) on some upstart stumbling upon a better formula of the very well known chemistry, and teasing out another 5A.
And they aren't crowing about it all over the Net? Not logical.

Last... @Mooch, I've seen you comment exactly once on the "B and C Bin" topic.
I'd love to hear your current thoughts, but assuming they haven't changed... would you please repeat your comment here?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    OP, please... you're talking the equivalent of wingsuiting through a stone arch.

First... our RXs are some para-series setup. I have no idea how the amp draw is distributed in such an arraignment, but you've already said you're looking to bang 'em at 150w. Not logical.

Second... you're hunting Unicorns. Our best known 3000 mAh cells are 20A CDR. You're pinning your hopes (and hand, and face) on some upstart stumbling upon a better formula of the very well known chemistry, and teasing out another 5A.
    And they aren't crowing about it all over the Net? Not logical.

Last... @Mooch, I've seen you comment exactly once on the "B and C Bin" topic.
    I'd love to hear your current thoughts, but assuming they haven't changed... would you please repeat your comment here?

They might have changed, I don't know what comment you're referring to. :)
    You can always copy&paste it here.

Just a side note...the RX200 is a series battery device. If that's the device you're talking about.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    They might have changed, I don't know what comment you're referring to. :)
    You can always copy&paste it here.

Just a side note...the RX200 is a series battery device. If that's the device you're talking about.

On the RX... I'm not positive they're all in series.
    Someone who's opened theirs up and looked over the wiring could confirm it.

On your comment... it was a while ago now, and I'll have to paraphrase a bit..
    Essentially, you said you had not seen any evidence of the "seconds bin" practice.
    Something along the lines of "potential urban myth" may have been mentioned. :)

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The RX200 is absolutely a 3S device, all three batteries in series. :)

I'm just not familiar with the different practices of using lower grade cells by battery companies. It might be done by most, most of the time. It just be done by a few, some of the time. I don't know if anyone knows. We can make educated guesses but unless we see their invoices it's only guessing as to what is bought when. They could be top grade cells one month and total garbage the next.

I don't remember mentioning anything about that possibly being a myth though. We just can't be sure of what grade we're getting from any company at any time.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2015
    DC Metro area
    Not that its being debated, But i have had my RX apart completely. definately a 3s setup. No questions about it. Pos from the sled comes from the bottom right batt to the board, neg is from the top left to the board. its the screw behind the little foam plug that some have had to tighten.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Mmmmm... Not good. So how are we reaching higher and higher watts without blowing up? Cause a .05 nickle build at 150w is 54.77A What battery stands that? where am I wrong?

In a series you have more voltage available. The higher voltage/lower amps at the battery is converted into lower voltage/higher amps by the regulator.

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2015
    El Dorado KS
    Well after some time and charge cycles with the listmans all i can really say is there ok they discharge at around the same rate as my brownies take about the same time to charge and at heavy use at 60 to 120 watts they don't really get warm but since there are re-wraps maybe i got the good set i still would not recommend for mech or unreg. mods to many unknowns and this is just a normal users words i am in no way a expert in batteries and i did not try the listmans for the quoted 40amps i am just looking for the best battery life i can get the longer they can run the happier i am but once again i'm disappointed cause they don't last any longer or any shorter then my brownies so i guess i'm back to hunting down the next best thing.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Well after some time and charge cycles with the listmans all i can really say is there ok they discharge at around the same rate as my brownies take about the same time to charge and at heavy use at 60 to 120 watts they don't really get warm but since there are re-wraps maybe i got the good set i still would not recommend for mech or unreg. mods to many unknowns and this is just a normal users words i am in no way a expert in batteries and i did not try the listmans for the quoted 40amps i am just looking for the best battery life i can get the longer they can run the happier i am but once again i'm disappointed cause they don't last any longer or any shorter then my brownies so i guess i'm back to hunting down the next best thing.

The LG hg2 (and Samsung 30q) are the best thing for battery runtime in a reasonably high drain package. A rewrap certainly can't beat it. How could it?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread