Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
Someone come down here and make MY day better. The grandson had a stomach virus Friday.. Guess who wound up with it last night? I didn't finish watching the game, and was up every hour either yelling Buick or sitting on throne sometimes with the trash can in my hand. Now, I have a killer headache, thoughts of vaping and food turn my stomach and I have to go back to work tomorrow. :(

I am not liking this :(

Reactions: Kaezziel

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
So a foot of snow due in New Hampshire. I guess Punxatawney Phil blew it again. Smh.
time to batten down the hatches and do some coil building, lol :)

we are supposed to get some snow tonight/ tomorrow - seemed like a great excuse to get a new atty to build on... yeah... that's the ticket...

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Someone come down here and make MY day better. The grandson had a stomach virus Friday.. Guess who wound up with it last night? I didn't finish watching the game, and was up every hour either yelling Buick or sitting on throne sometimes with the trash can in my hand. Now, I have a killer headache, thoughts of vaping and food turn my stomach and I have to go back to work tomorrow. :(

Awww... sorry hun. That is definitely no fun. You did make me chuckle at the "yelling Buick" comment though! I'm hoping that you are feeling better this morning... I did my special, patented 'Naked in the backyard with an eggplant on my head to ward off evil spirits dance" for you last night (convo in another thread, lol)! It was a quick dance though... it was COLD last night! ;)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Just droppin' by with a good morning wish for all of my Beautiful Babes and fellow Brofessors! I'm runnin' around the boards tryin' ta get all caught up while I sip my crappy Community coffee (at least it's free) and vape a l'il Mango Pound Cake! Man, I really need ta bring muh espresso machine in here... it never gets any love at home anyway...

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Morning everyone!!

@Kaezziel Thanks for the laugh this morning! I needed it!

Feel better today than I did yesterday but need to eat to build some strength. Hard to do when the smell of anything makes you heave. :(

Glad you're feeling better, hun! :)
Maybe start out light with some saltine crackers and ginger ale. Maybe by lunch you'll be able to tolerate something a bit more substantial. However, I do NOT recommend the eggplant... ;)

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Glad you're feeling better, hun! :)
Maybe start out light with some saltine crackers and ginger ale. Maybe by lunch you'll be able to tolerate something a bit more substantial. However, I do NOT recommend the eggplant... ;)
I'm glad you're not recommending the eggplant because that would be a definite no-no. I don't like eggplant, at all! Lol I did saltines and ginger ale yesterday afternoon and last night. Today I need to start something substantial. I'm thinking of maybe scrambling an egg and having a piece of toast.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I'm glad you're not recommending the eggplant because that would be a definite no-no. I don't like eggplant, at all! Lol I did saltines and ginger ale yesterday afternoon and last night. Today I need to start something substantial. I'm thinking of maybe scrambling an egg and having a piece of toast.

That's what I make for the wife when she's feeling nauseated after chemo... except instead of toast I make her hashbrowns (in the oven so they are less greasy). She also likes little cubes of swiss cheese with some roast beef and crackers to snack on during those times.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

Oh! Or grits or oatmeal... either of those are great for settling the stomach as well! :)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I wound up cooking an egg in just a tad bit of butter with a piece of toast on the side. So far, so good! I have some regular oatmeall(the kind you have to cook) in the cabinet so I'll try that later. Thanks a bunch!

No problem, luv... if I've learned anything over the past couple years it's that tummy problems are no fun. There have been times that I actually had to go out to grab fast food for myself because she couldn't stand the smell of food for a day or two... finding things that she could eat during those times has been critical.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
No problem, luv... if I've learned anything over the past couple years it's that tummy problems are no fun. There have been times that I actually had to go out to grab fast food for myself because she couldn't stand the smell of food for a day or two... finding things that she could eat during those times has been critical.
My mom was like that when she was taking chemo as well. She'd be nauseated on the day she got it, then have ........ for the next week and a half. By the time she would feel better it was back for chemo. :(

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
My mom was like that when she was taking chemo as well. She'd be nauseated on the day she got it, then have ........ for the next week and a half. By the time she would feel better it was back for chemo. :(

This is her second time on chemo, and it's a stronger/more aggressive type this time. She gets chemo every other week, then feels like total crap for 8-9 days, mostly nausea and just NO energy. She usually gets 3-4 good days, and then it starts all over again. So I know exactly what you mean... how has your mom been since? Did she manage to beat it back into submission?

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Unfortunately no. :( She/we(it was a journey for all of us) ran the gamut of chemo drugs until they gave out. She passed away in 09 after fighting it for 5 years. She put off having surgery for a tumor in her colon for a year to take care of her mom and in the end took her life. :(

Awww... I'm so sorry, hun. I know what you mean about it being a journey for everyone. I've gone through things, learned things, and dealt with things that I never would have thought I would. My wife has been fighting colon cancer for 2 years now, she has been through radiation, surgery to remove the lower colon, 6 months of chemo, another surgery to remove metastasized tumors from her lungs, and is now going into the 4th month of another chemo regimen. The doctor says that they will most likely not take her off of chemo from this point on. If they get the new tumors under control, then they'll just reduce the dosage to a maintenance dose. Kinda like your mom, she was late into the disease before it was diagnosed. She still hasn't hit 50 years old yet, so it isn't like she was just skipping her annual colonoscopy... apparently people are getting colon cancer at younger and younger ages these days... and sadly, the treatment for it isn't really getting any better. :(

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
My mom was never sent to get a colonoscopy and she was 75. She was going to one of these doctors that believed in alternative medicine. She had this protrusion(big enough to see with the naked eye) on her side for a year. She thought she had a hernia. Since her mom was 91 and no longer able to care for herself my mom took it upon herself to keep my grandma at home. She went to a surgeon thinking hernia, colonoscopy revealed colon cancer. Her tumor was grapefruit sized and had actually adhered to the abdominal wall. She actually was able to go completely off chemo for a year and a half after the first round but when it came back she was never able to go off completely again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread