Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
For me, the reuleaux feels more comfortable gripping it as well, even though it is wider AND thicker than the i100 TC (but shorter) because of the more rounded form factor. However, the reuleaux is not very pocketable whereas the i100 TC is. It is smaller than a pack of cigarettes, and except for the weight being a dual battery mod, it would easily fit inside a shirt pocket.

The only thing I don't really like is how you have to change the wattage when in TC mode (which I've detailed earlier). If you hold the buttons down too long, then the adjustment flies and it is very easy to overshoot your desired wattage. This means you have to "pulse" the buttons to adjust the power bit by bit and having to watch the screen flash back and forth.

If they had a toggle to switch between changing temp and changing wattage, like the reuleaux RX200 has with 4 clicks of the fire button, the Snow Wolf has with long pressing the up and down buttons, or the Cuboid and evic VTC Mini has with 3 clicks of the fire button, it would be much easier.

Having to hold the button combo down and wait for it to toggle through the different wire modes, while slow, isn't that big of a deal. Although in an ideal world, it would have a "setting" screen like the Reuleaux and the evic VTC Mini where you can quickly toggle through the different modes.
I definitely agree with you about the menu change. A setting screen would have been a great addition. The firmware is upgradeable, so hopefully this can be addressed.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
My son LOST my loyal and faithful istick50 and now without a job. And getting ready to start college (very late in life) my pockets are empty. I need to get something but there's so many out there now it's overwhelming and Idk where to begin. Any advice? It's always the almighty dollar. I'm sure I'll come up with it somehow but I still want 1 like ole faithful that never let me down.. Any ideas for me.. Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Hi Crystalluv~ That's so sad about your lost iStick! :( I lost my 30w for 2+ months one summer. Turns out it fell between the washer and dryer, and when I finally found it it still had a full battery charge, lol! The iStick 100w TC is a great price, and Heaven Gifts is starting a sale in 2 days that will give you 10% off plus another 8% with the code AGHEVAPE, bringing the cost down to $33.21, and you have a choice of shipping options so you can keep shipping cost down, too. They won't be shipping anything until the 22nd due to the holiday but that's how it goes during Chinese New Year. :) You really can't find another device on the market that does everything this one does for that price, especially one that is upgradeable!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Got a white mod and a white target tank. I am anxious to give it a try. I really wish Vaporesso had Ti or SS coils, though.
Nice! I was supposed to get a white one but I ended up with the gray. I think the white mod and white Target tank will look great together. :) Vaporesso is working on a SS cCell and hopefully that will be released shortly after the new year celebration. I am anxiously awaiting that myself!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I ended up getting a black one with a Crown SS tank. Coming from a i20W with an Aspire mini(1.8 ohm) I should be in vape heaven. It was $37 at MVS and as of now they are in stock.... ordered on Monday and should have it in hand sometime tomorrow. Cant wait just hope I like the 1.2 ohm's I got with the Crown.
That's going to look so nice together! I almost got a Crown but ended up getting an iSub S instead because I already have some iSubs and I love that all of the coils are compatible. That's great you are getting it so fast! They weren't in stock anywhere last week, so it's great that the vendors are getting them now. The more I use mine the better I like the way it performs. I used my X-Cube II quite a bit and I love the squeeze firing mechanism. As @jseah said, though, the lock is very hard to move. I actually don't use the fingernail groove in mine because I am afraid I am going to bend my nail backward. It's easier for me to push it from the edge because I can get my nail further down on it that way.

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
sure i can order online @cooladdict , ordered few times from FT and got delivered OK.
but i have several issues regarding my FT orders, "authentic" aerotank coilheads looks cosmetically funny and only last me 2-3 days before it muted the flavor and vapor, my "authentic" STM from FT performs poorly in TC mode (anemic) using any Ti or SS wire i have (while locally bought STMs i have are still shining), my 316L SS works ok only when i set my TCR to 130ish in my VTC mini (way off than any values we might find in several TCR discussions in ECF), and several others.
yes i still can orders accessories (mouthpiece, jigs, bottles, etc) from FT, which are very cheap with some slight QC issues, i can live with that, but ordering an "authentic" mod? I'd rather wait until it available here so i can "feel" it with my hand before do my purchase :thumb:

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
sure i can order online @cooladdict , ordered few times from FT and got delivered OK.
but i have several issues regarding my FT orders, "authentic" aerotank coilheads looks cosmetically funny and only last me 2-3 days before it muted the flavor and vapor, my "authentic" STM from FT performs poorly in TC mode (anemic) using any Ti or SS wire i have (while locally bought STMs i have are still shining), my 316L SS works ok only when i set my TCR to 130ish in my VTC mini (way off than any values we might find in several TCR discussions in ECF), and several others.
yes i still can orders accessories (mouthpiece, jigs, bottles, etc) from FT, which are very cheap with some slight QC issues, i can live with that, but ordering an "authentic" mod? I'd rather wait until it available here so i can "feel" it with my hand before do my purchase :thumb:
Ahhh, well that's certainly understandable! Fastech is definitely cheap but they do carry a LOT of clones. There are other vendors that will make sure everything is authentic, though. But I do get wanting to hold a mod in your hand before purchase. I took my iStick down to my local vape shop today to show it to them so they could get a feel for it and see if they want to carry it (which they do!). Even the vendors can end up purchasing something they won't be able to sell if they don't get to try it out first.

Reactions: iwriduan

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I am reallly digging this iStick. The battery life with 2 batteries is awesome! I can go over a day (almost 2!) using it as my primary device, and it drains the batteries all the way down before it quits working, which I appreciate. No screen glitches with low battery and no appreciable dropoff until they are almost completely dead. I did have a weird thing happen the other day, but I am waiting to see if it happens again before I call it an actual issue. I somehow ended up in bypass mode (not sure if I accidentally pressed buttons when I was holding it and another mod in the same hand or what) and I got a nasty burnt hit from my Apex tank with a kanthal coil in it. I couldn't get it to come back out of bypass mode until I removed both batteries and put them back in. But, as I said, it could have been operator error. If it happens again I will say it could be an issue but for right now I am leaning more towards it being something I did. I had 2 mods in my hand, the iStick and my MVP 3.0 Pro because I was getting ready for a long drive and I somehow ended up leaving my iStick at home. It was a loooooong drive because it had my ADV on it! :shock: I did have 4 other mods with me, so I wasn't without juice (I would have turned around for sure!) but I discovered the bypass thing that evening when I went to use it again. Other than that, it's been a real little powerhouse. :)

Reactions: iwriduan

Carmmond

Feb 3, 2016
Well got it in the mail yesterday and charged the batteries up and hit it last night for about 2hrs. All I can say is WOW! The juice I like has way more flavor with this set up and with more vapor I'm going to have to cut down the Nic level. I was using 12mg with the iStick 20W and mini Aspire tank but with the TC100W and Crown tank (1.2 ohm) it tasted great but woke up with a headache.... going to cut back to 6mg. Now I just need to play with TC never have done that so if anyone has a starting point let me know. Right now I'm just running it at 25 watts in normal mode.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
LOL... 12mg in a Crown is approaching hardcore. Yes, you'll be shopping 6 or lower. :p

For TC... you can keep the 25w, you'll probably raise it at least a bit later.
Except for the Nickel head, the Crown factory heads are Stainless.
So, switch to SS mode, set the temp limit in the low 400s (F).
And double check the TC watts setting... it will probably differ from Power mode.

Now the hard part... try to watch the screen as you draw.
If you hit "Temp Protect" before you get a lungfull... bump the set temp up a tad.
Rinse and repeat until a full draw has the temp "bouncing" off temp protect.
If you like, you can then up it once more.

Now... adjust the power so you get to temp quickly but not overshoot.
That's the gist of TC.

It's a bit of vaping getting it dialed in, you may not want to do this with the 12mg.
:p

Or you may like a much cooler vape, or the head/build vapes hotter than you like.
By that point, you'll know what to do.

If you find from the start that the vape is weak, set one of the memories to 110-120.
It should be around 94 for the Crown's 316L SS, but JTech/Wismec/Eleaf TCR calculations appear to be a tad low. As always... YMMV.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Got my iStick 100W TC in the mail about 10 minutes ago. Threw a battery in it (still waiting on my new married batteries in the mail) and am vaping on it now.

This thing is beautiful (I got the white one). Really impressed with the design, especially for the money. The squeezable fire button/door feels sturdy and seems like it will last. It's also a very intuitive and comfortable button, better than any button styled firing switch I have used.

All I have got for now. I need to test the TC and power modes out and see how it performs.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Wife can do that for me:) Thanks for the tips!

Cool. :p

I should add, as I like to say "there's more than one way to approach a pleasant TC vape".

What I hastily typed above is just one way to quickly get a TC setup going.
There are some involved and esoteric methods to calibrate and adjust even our modest level TC mods. Move up to the DNA's Escribe software and the sky's the limit.

But it shouldn't be difficult to just get a simple TC vape up and running.
Enjoy it first, then learn whatever level of tweeking you're comfortable with.

And watch that 12mg. :D

Carmmond

Feb 3, 2016
And watch that 12mg.
Will do have aspirin for the morning:) Just put in an order at Mt Baker for 180ml of 6mg should be here Monday.... just have to suck it up and spend $12 for 15ml local and take my free 15ml I have built up in credit. Just wish the local places would understand they would sell 100 times the e juice if they didn't rape us on markup:(

Shmo13

Dec 3, 2014
hanover park il.
I was really on the fence about this one. I bought the i30 that arrived DOA. I returned it and while I was waiting for the mail I went to my local B&M and bought the i50 (only thing they had in my price range) and it's been great. It's been acting weird the past few days with button issues.
Reading all these reviews has helped in my decision.

Thanks for all the info!

My i50 has been my daily driver (I have a very small vape budget) for a long time and it's been a work horse.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I was really on the fence about this one. I bought the i30 that arrived DOA. I returned it and while I was waiting for the mail I went to my local B&M and bought the i50 (only thing they had in my price range) and it's been great. It's been acting weird the past few days with button issues.
Reading all these reviews has helped in my decision.

Thanks for all the info!

My i50 has been my daily driver (I have a very small vape budget) for a long time and it's been a work horse.

That's great, shmo! It's always a good idea to have a replacement before you need it! :D So what did you decide? Will you be picking up the iStick 100w TC? I really am digging mine. It's been my go-to device since I got it. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I was thinking I would get the regular iStick 100w, I'm really new to TC but with the upgradable firmware and TC, it gives me plenty of room to grow without a big difference in cost.
Now to just convince the wifey poo lol

Ha! Definitely convincing your wife is a good idea before you buy. :D

You're right about it giving you room to grow. The only real cost difference is that you have to buy batteries for the TC version but in my opinion it's worth the cost since you can run it with just one battery (up to 75 watts!) so a pair of batteries is really all you have to get. The battery life with both batteries in it is amazing, though.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
So been using my iStick TC100 for a few days now. I am enjoying it as a backup to my DNA-200 (which needs to be charged midday). The battery life is nice and I can go at least a day (chain vaping).

One con I have noticed is it gives a low battery warning starting at about 25% and wont fire unless I press the button twice. It only does this if it has been idle for a few minutes. I would prefer it not interrupt my vaping habit by giving me a low battery warning. But with upgradeable firmware, this might be something they could change in the future. Again, not a huge deal, but it is annoying at times.

The TC seems to be fairly accurate (that's going to depend on your wire and TCR setting). I think it is probably more accurate using the TCR, but seems to work well enough using the preset modes too.

Overall, still happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread