Indulgence Mt-Rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
What are you going to do with 2.2mm airflow? That is what still has me on the fence with that one. Looks great, I just don't tootle like I did a year ago, I think going from a VCMT to a KFMv2 might feel like trying to drink a milkshake with a coffee stir straw.
I took the AF screw completely out and it works as a restrictive lung hit... but, for me at least, the flavor isn't something amazing that I thought I was missing. Good for a stealthy size, low battery usage, etc... After my normal juice was a bit lackluster, I mixed up a small batch of 50/50@6mg which helped, but yeah, just not amazing -for me-.

Reactions: ThunderDan

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Please post photos of yer build! I'm still having trouble with mine. I tried suprtrckr's method several times and
kept getting massive leaking/draining. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong. I tried another method where you leave the tails from the wick that goes through the coil rather long and sorta loop it under and behind the air tower.

NO leaking, but it's not wicking fast enough either. I guess that means I've got a little too much rayon packed in there? Next go-round I might try doing it sorta like you'd wick a kayfun deck; pull long tails up through barrel, then tuck into joose well. Not being able to see how much is packed in those big channels makes me leery of this method. But, then again, if it "feels" like I've got enough down there to fill the channels and liquid-intake slots, that should be good enough, right?

Yeesh. I've not had this much trouble with a tank since the old UD T7. I gave up on that motherfogger!
485546_140623171256_T7-01.jpg_(1).jpg

Well, found a good deal on the Mutank, should be here in a few days.....

Reactions: roxynoodle

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
What are you going to do with 2.2mm airflow? That is what still has me on the fence with that one. Looks great, I just don't tootle like I did a year ago, I think going from a VCMT to a KFMv2 might feel like trying to drink a milkshake with a coffee stir straw.

You know, I was on the fence about it too. But I realized that I can get amazing flavor out of it, and sometimes it's nice to sit back, relax and really enjoy a vape.

To be honest, the KFMv3 has just enough airflow to do a nice, long, slow lung hit. I actually really like mine!

Reactions: ThunderDan

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Ever tried a Lemo Drop? I dig mine. Not a lung buster but MUCH more airflow than any Kayfun or KFL lite (all clones) that I've ever had. Never could get mine to handle thick e-liquid though....but we've all seen here that I'm no build-ninja, heh.

I took the AF screw completely out and it works as a restrictive lung hit... but, for me at least, the flavor isn't something amazing that I thought I was missing. Good for a stealthy size, low battery usage, etc... After my normal juice was a bit lackluster, I mixed up a small batch of 50/50@6mg which helped, but yeah, just not amazing -for me-.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Please post photos of yer build! I'm still having trouble with mine. I tried suprtrckr's method several times and
kept getting massive leaking/draining. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong. I tried another method where you leave the tails from the wick that goes through the coil rather long and sorta loop it under and behind the air tower.

NO leaking, but it's not wicking fast enough either. I guess that means I've got a little too much rayon packed in there? Next go-round I might try doing it sorta like you'd wick a Kayfun deck; pull long tails up through barrel, then tuck into joose well. Not being able to see how much is packed in those big channels makes me leery of this method. But, then again, if it "feels" like I've got enough down there to fill the channels and liquid-intake slots, that should be good enough, right?

Yeesh. I've not had this much trouble with a tank since the old UD T7. I gave up on that motherfogger!
I'd post pics of my wicking, but I use cotton, so I don't think it'd help you much. The only rayon I have is fiber freaks, but that stuff behaves a bit different than the rayon rope you get in the lifetime supply box from Sally's.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Oh. Okay. Yeah I AM using that bigass box from Sally's, heh heh. Been good to me so far. You're definitely
right in that it behaves differently. It compresses much more than cotton, for sure.

I'd post pics of my wicking, but I use cotton, so I don't think it'd help you much. The only rayon I have is fiber freaks, but that stuff behaves a bit different than the rayon rope you get in the lifetime supply box from Sally's.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Derp. Muchas gracias.
edit: Looked at your photos. You made that look easy! I'll give that a try next, allowing for the differences between cotton and rayon. :)

I did, check the bottom of page 209 and the top of 210 in this thread for my build pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: GccTxs67

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
Ok, so an update on my TFV4! Been through 5 prebuilt coil types; triple, quad, dual clapton, dual Ti, & sextuple! They just kept getting better except for the quad! It was just meh! They all have lasted about 9 days! The sextuple is my favorite by far for flavor it's only problem is at 100w (best for me) it just guzzles juice & batt. even on my RX! The flavor & warmth it has are just outstanding! I can actually taste all the flavors in my DIYs! The peach is peachier, the apricot is apricotier.....! OMG THIS THING IS A FLAVOR BEAST! 'Nuff of the good stuff! The biggest problem I've had with this tank is that the top fill doesn't have a positive lock! This became a problem at Disneyland when the top rotated open in my pants pocket while on Space Mountain! Dumped a full tank 5ml of juice in my pants! Not a deal breaker because there was a simple solution; have the wife carry my rig in her purse! LOL! Stupid mistake on my part, just forgot about it not being secured like my beloved MT! Slam me cuz I'm stupid because in no way am I blaming the tank! Final thoughts; although this tank has Tremendous Flavor, because it consumes so much juice & batt. (as configured) I have to say it's my at home tank only, my MT is still my daily driver!:headbang:
The quad coil isn't that good, I've been using one since Thursday and I won't buy more of them. I did however order the tf-t8 octuple fused Clapton coils for it from fast tech since they were only $15.50 a pack. My local shop sells them all day for $26+ tax so I couldn't pass it up

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: haleysdadda

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
So you like the sextuple heads the most? I've got a TFV4 that I haven't been using much. I started off with the quad and wasn't impressed, went straight to the RTA deck and figured that out pretty quick. Then I meant to get a different drip tip (I'm sort of O/C, I always try to use the drip tips my attys come with unless they just don't fit) because the stock one is way way too airy for me.

But if getting some sextuple heads will make this into my "too lazy to rebuild but still want a good vape" tank, then I'm all for it. Especially if the flavor is approximate to a good build on the RTA deck.

The quad coil isn't that good, I've been using one since Thursday and I won't buy more of them. I did however order the tf-t8 octuple fused Clapton coils for it from fast tech since they were only $15.50 a pack. My local shop sells them all day for $26+ tax so I couldn't pass it up

Reactions: haleysdadda

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
So you like the sextuple heads the most? I've got a TFV4 that I haven't been using much. I started off with the quad and wasn't impressed, went straight to the RTA deck and figured that out pretty quick. Then I meant to get a different drip tip (I'm sort of O/C, I always try to use the drip tips my attys come with unless they just don't fit) because the stock one is way way too airy for me.

But if getting some sextuple heads will make this into my "too lazy to rebuild but still want a good vape" tank, then I'm all for it. Especially if the flavor is approximate to a good build on the RTA deck.
I haven't used my sextuple coil yet, so far I've used the dual Clapton and the quad coil. I think the dual Clapton had better flavor then the quad so I ordered the octuple fused Clapton coils hoping to improve on the flavor.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
D'oh! I meant to quote another user, haleysdadda. He's the one that said he'd "tried 5 prebuilt coil types; triple, quad, dual clapton, dual Ti, & sextuple! They just kept getting better except for the quad! It was just meh!"

Don't mind me, I get confused sometimes. :confused:

I haven't used my sextuple coil yet, so far I've used the dual Clapton and the quad coil. I think the dual Clapton had better flavor then the quad so I ordered the octuple fused Clapton coils hoping to improve on the flavor.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

NO leaking, but it's not wicking fast enough either. I guess that means I've got a little too much rayon packed in there? Next go-round I might try doing it sorta like you'd wick a Kayfun deck; pull long tails up through barrel, then tuck into joose well. Not being able to see how much is packed in those big channels makes me leery of this method. But, then again, if it "feels" like I've got enough down there to fill the channels and liquid-intake slots, that should be good enough, right?

Do you need help with the Aga t7? I have two I've been using for about a year. PM me and I'll post you some pics of how I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread