Lost Vape/Efusion DNA200 squonker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
I'm really starting to get into dna squonkers, love the power and consistent vape over my Reo's and other mech type squonkers. Think the industry needs to produce more, most VV mods are made by small artisan types but are beautiful (and often hard to get.) Bring them on!

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
The "big" problem I see is that it's just going to be too huge in size, at least definitely for me. DNA200 boxes are already silly large, at least the one's that can fit the proper amount of stacked batteries or a lipo pack for the DNA200 to even operate without limiting.

Have at it though, lol.

Cheers

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
It's gonna be "uge!"

No kidding, lol.

Though not the mod discussed in this thread, this is pretty much how big I thought it might come out.

12662636_630786740394806_5119235216930133600_n_zps2f9talue.jpg

I would like to maybe see someone just settle for a 130 watt DNA200 style mod that uses two batteries. Copy the Reuleaux rx200 design, but instead of that third battery locate the 510 and bottle in that position.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
It's gonna be "uge!"

No kidding, lol.

Though not the mod discussed in this thread, this is pretty much how big I thought it might come out.

I would like to maybe see someone just settle for a 130 watt DNA200 style mod that uses two batteries. Copy the Reuleaux rx200 design, but instead of that third battery locate the 510 and bottle in that position.
To think people would be interested in vaping something that big is asking an awful lot!!! Memory serves me it will only do 133 watts in lipo or dual 18650 form factor as it is right now...

As to the Reuleaux being modded, its been done already. Was posted in the Bottom Feed modding section of the forum. BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

Reactions: fishwater

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
To think people would be interested in vaping something that big is asking an awful lot!!! Memory serves me it will only do 133 watts in lipo or dual 18650 form factor as it is right now...

Yup. That's why I was like "let's just settle for a 130 watt-ish" dual 18650 mod. You can't get the voltage out of anything other than 3 18650's stacked in series to reach 200 watts.

As to the Reuleaux being modded, its been done already. Was posted in the Bottom Feed modding section of the forum. BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

That was EXACTLY what I was envisioning. Good on him!

Stacking the 2 batteries orientated flat against the chip like the Reuleaux does, instead of having all the ducks in a row in a long ... box is the way to go for a high wattage squonker. Hell, that's the way to go even for a mech parallel 18650!

I was briefly interested in the Mvapes dual 18650 mech, but in the end it was 1) made out of wood and I WILL drop/break/crack it, and 2) it was too damn BIG. Now imagine a mech with the two batteries square against each other like the Reuleaux, and the bottle sitting on top in the middle, right on the two battery's ".... crack." lol It'd be the size of a reo, just with a tube like bulge in the middle making it resemble a "soft" triangle. Not too terrible of a compromise in size for the extra battery IMO.

I'm floating too far away from speculation on the mod of topic here, and into mechs ,so I'll just hope some modder either designs that mech, or already has and somebody points me to it. LOL

Here's hoping whatever DNA200 squonker speculated here is clever and inventive, because that's what the design needs. Something "outside" of the squonk box.

Cheers

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Here's hoping whatever DNA200 squonker speculated here is clever and inventive, because that's what the design needs. Something "outside" of the squonk box.
There is always the catfish DNA200 Sunbox knock-off as well... Wouldn't call it clever and inventive though, that would be the Sunbox!!! At least it will have a DNA200 in it as opposed to DNA40, (but really), who needs 200 watts????

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
It's gonna be "uge!"

No kidding, lol.

This is making me laugh sooo hard!!!! May as well make it to hold a quart of juice while your at it.

Reactions: muzichead

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I was given the head's up by someone who I suspect knows what they are talking about that Lost Vape will be dropping a DNA200 squonker next month. I haven't seen evidence of this on their site or social media pages. Anyone else had a whiff of this?
I know it's only been a week but have you heard anymore about this?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
There is always the catfish DNA200 Sunbox knock-off as well... Wouldn't call it clever and inventive though, that would be the Sunbox!!! At least it will have a DNA200 in it as opposed to DNA40, (but really), who needs 200 watts????
You should seriously consider curbing your bitterness. It comes off as weakness. Just a thought...

As far as I know, there's been many box mods, before and after the sunbox , that cut off the top corner. It's basically a thumb choil and has been used in the knife industry as well as many other industries since long before ecigs were around. Why? It adds comfort and stability.

Also, I'm pretty sure volpi hasn't released a 200w squonker.

I'm glad folks are innovating new devices for us. Speaking of, the CAM-R...does it look like anything else? Might as well bust on that one too.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
No bitterness here... Just calling it as it is, all he's making is a clone of a Sunbox and putting a DNA200 in it. Not seeing where that is creative at all.
OK, I guess I understand....a clone is anything that resembles something else in terms of basic shape....regardless of size, construction and performance. Interesting.
Pretty nasty of hexohm to clone vaporshark. Or was it vaporshark who cloned hexohm? Or did they both clone the Hana? Did you see a few years ago where ProVari cloned the Nemesis? Shameless... All these clones....

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
OK, I guess I understand....a clone is anything that resembles something else in terms of basic shape....regardless of size, construction and performance. Interesting.
Pretty nasty of hexohm to clone vaporshark. Or was it vaporshark who cloned hexohm? Or did they both clone the Hana? Did you see a few years ago where ProVari cloned the Nemesis? Shameless... All these clones....
I can tell you're new because provape was around way before the nemesis was even a thought.

Reactions: muzichead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread