Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Maybe this story might be enlightening......

Joyetech - They Aren't the E-Cigarette Manufacturer You Think They Are! | Guide To Vaping

I am of the camp that no "inventor" has given away their designs. IMHO the tech of today makes it silly easy to do 1:1's......at least on the actual structure and design. Components, like the "chips" is another story.
Cloners often make their clones from photographs. That's why you rarely see any of these authentic makers publish photos until the product is released.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Good grief that thing is gigantic, never going there. :lol:
Is it?

1d1b53f2879a2ad9be795909dc605399.jpg
55cf6b25262928b9cac38c841c8eafdf.jpg
35b291de28d112f5f06e12b758c15aec.jpg

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Try as I might, I am convinced they get the specs directly from the originator. Maybe there's something I'm missing but I can't quite figure out how one gets 1:1 clowns (including logos) without a lot of help from the maker of the original. Everyone is making money. For them it's a win/win while we sit here :censored: & moaning about it.
I've often felt this way too.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hi Stan,

We are supposed to get news tomorrow and release could be shortly after. I will check back with more info asap :)
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

And where's the dancing banana????

I guess that'll come when the news comes. :)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Try as I might, I am convinced they get the specs directly from the originator. Maybe there's something I'm missing but I can't quite figure out how one gets 1:1 clowns (including logos) without a lot of help from the maker of the original. Everyone is making money. For them it's a win/win while we sit here :censored: & moaning about it.
I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know. But, reverse engineering in high tech or pharmaceuticals is very common, and those products are far more complex than an atty or a tank or a mod. In the vaping world, it would seem like all a clone manufacturer would need is good calipers, and then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread