Svoemesto Kayfun Mini V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltwater

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
NC
Dragon's Fire is a very clean burning liquid. I usually rewick after 10mls but I know I could go more with DF.
The main reason for buying this was for the mountain oak vapor and others that were destroying the coils in the kabuki. I'm kind of glad that it has a small tank as well. Reason being, when I use gej perique or mov apache I can only handle it in small amounts then feel like I need to shave my beard and turn in my man card, but I have to have them on occasion. So, a couple of tanks, get it out of there, and back to something like vita bella.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
What liquid are you using? I've filled mine up four times since it came in the mail yesterday and this morning tastes the same as yesterday. I'm using HHV dragons fire. 60/40

I'm using Ahlusion Lime Cream, which isn't the cleanest, but isn't one of my real coil gunkers for sure.

If your K4 can take two - this should be able to get you at least four. With the same Ohms, power and juice. I am re-wicking after every four [sometimes five] tanks with my KM3.

That was my reasoning. I wonder if this has a smaller chamber and therefore needs a slightly lower wattage? But 14.5W on a 1.2 ohm coil doesn't seem excessive to me...

I'll fiddle around with it more and see if I can't come up with something.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The main reason for buying this was for the mountain oak vapor and others that were destroying the coils in the kabuki. I'm kind of glad that it has a small tank as well. Reason being, when I use gej perique or mov apache I can only handle it in small amounts then feel like I need to shave my beard and turn in my man card, but I have to have them on occasion. So, a couple of tanks, get it out of there, and back to something like vita bella.
I swear I could have written this post. You and I like the same stuff. I'm actually down to three flavors. Dragon's Fire and CAT (non-NET) from HHV and MOV's Apache. Yes, Apache is a gunker. And I too vape it for only short stretches for the reason you point out. Sure do love it in those short stretches though. But as an ADV, nothing compares to Dragon's Fire. And I really liked my Vita Bella too....just not enough vape time to fit it in. But with these rebuildables these days it is quick and cheap to de-gunk them. Removable decking like with the KM3 was always kind of a worthless feature to me except when vaping super gunkers where wick changes and dry burning are frequent.

Eugene lim

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2015
9ba5bc7e33880a3ae5274e754a3aa703.jpg

cc914b0700415117c351ff7bd6ee2456.jpg

b38daac8e218b955f70dfab7fa1846f2.jpg

109f1e5e8184a75f7482c673583737d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f922c113368fff63697fb25e44190ad5.jpg

Love this little guy[emoji41]
How sir? That gr8 majority had no idea of this characteristics/design until it was released. And there is a huge population out there who prefer anything under 22mm, including me.

K-mini 2.1ES was [is] the most flavorful K'fun out there. It is still a prized possession of many like me. It was unfortunate that SM had to discontinue it early 2014, the reason being the sudden influx and change in preferences towards larger devices. Remember Hades, Vapor Giant, Xpromizer etc.? And basically due to the total decline of Ego batteries. Ppl were distancing themselves from the Egos like a plague. Mechanicals ruled. All 22+mm ~ and even the noobs were grabbing mechs as their first devices. The 2.1 was a 14mm atty, matched for an Ego batt.

However, the moment 2.1ES stopped production - the fans, including me, started anticipating a changed version of it hitting anytime soon. We thought 2.1 got pulled down to make way for a li'l larger mini. Something in line with the fav 16mm units. My discussions with Eugene that time came to a sudden halt when I was told a 16mm version might not be viable for them. I understood, wrongfully, that they might be pursuing 14mm itself with some superior modifications.

But alas, they came out with a 19mm. And after two years. I knew it last November. And was petrified -- a mini, in 19? But knowing all the specs - and their reasoning - I understood it'd be just fine. Lo behold, grabbed it, and love it. The bloody thing vapes exactly like the 2.1ES ~ but with better airflow, better filling system, easier setting up and sans any worries of leakage or dryhits, plus the other pros. The 2.1 needed extreme care to setup.

So yes, it is a winner. And there's a huge market for it. Vapers in the EU prefer it that way. Not to mention the looming TPD ;) Which Flo tho won't agree (re: Plumes vid) - but was a consideration at SM.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Wow! Your DNAs don't look nearly as beat up as mine :)

I keep waiting for one of mine to give up, but they keep on chugging along. I've had my eye on a Provari Radius, but I can't justify looking further until one of my existing 40W mods die...
Haha, I've always had sleeves on them. There's a reason those sleeves aren't on them for that picture...and that reason ain't pretty. Hahaha

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Haha, I've always had sleeves on them. There's a reason those sleeves aren't on them for that picture...and that reason ain't pretty. Hahaha

Lol. That makes sense. I have a couple sleeves (one for each), but I don't like using them as it makes the mod harder to get in and out of pockets.

I fully expected these to give up the ghost, but after over a year of steady use, they are going strong!

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
That is a GREAT Pic!!!

Thanks for posting it!!!

Jim

Absolutely!

I use my vape gear hard. The only mods that I have that have been used regularly and still look new are my HexOhm & my Reos. Everything else either looks beat up (my rDNA40s) or flat out broke (too many to list).

To be fair, my SM products seem to hold up very well! Which reminds me, I need to get some more glass tanks for my new Mini V3...

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I took a look at those Dicodes Tiny Mods. Sweet little Mods the same 19mm as the Kayfun Mini v3, and as many if not more features than the Provari P3 for less $$$. Just not sold here in the US and scared of that Customs Tax. But sure would be a SWEET fit, and well made Regulated Mod:?::unsure:

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
I finally got mine apart over the weekend and switched out both the upper and lower o-rings on the chimney section. Seems to be working as intended now. Lot's of different o-rings included so I suppose they were anticipating some having issues like I was. Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions! :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I finally got mine apart over the weekend and switched out both the upper and lower o-rings on the chimney section. Seems to be working as intended now. Lot's of different o-rings included so I suppose they were anticipating some having issues like I was. Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions! :)
Good news!

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
Wow! Your DNAs don't look nearly as beat up as mine :)

I keep waiting for one of mine to give up, but they keep on chugging along. I've had my eye on a Provari Radius, but I can't justify looking further until one of my existing 40W mods die...
I'm in the same boat (wanting the Radius). Problem is... I only carry around my provari 2.5. That iStick with the wobbly top won't fall apart if I just keep leaving it on the shelf. And it's going to take a long time for the ailing button on the Aspire 30w to completely die I only hit it a few times a week.

Last edited:

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm in the same boat (wanting the Radius). Problem is... I only carry around my provari 2.5. That iStick with the wobbly top won't fall apart if I just keep leaving it on the shelf. And it's going to take a long time for the ailing button on the Aspire 30w to completely die I only hit it a few times a week.
I hear you! Sounds like it's time to kill off a couple of the heard to make room.

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk on my Nexus 6...

Reactions: AstroTurf

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
I took a look at those Dicodes Tiny Mods. Sweet little Mods the same 19mm as the Kayfun Mini v3, and as many if not more features than the Provari P3 for less $$$. Just not sold here in the US and scared of that Customs Tax. But sure would be a SWEET fit, and well made Regulated Mod:?::unsure:

I will order one and take my chances if I can get some assurance that it will sit flush on the 510. The Tiny has a fixed 510 pin. But there is so little information out there.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Last edited:

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I will order one and take my chances if I can get some assurance that it will sit flush on the 510. The Tiny has a fixed 510 pin. But there is so little information out there.
I like it also however no where have I read that it would sit flush. And there not real popular here in the US so not much information. So I would hate to spend that much for it not to fit what It was purchased for; also the battery isn't the normal size which is difficult to get. Just saying
But I sure do like the clean look and 19mm Top Cap.
By the way for those reasons and a couple of others "Q" doesn't think it's a good purchase either; and that was good enough for me.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread