Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Oh, I got a call this morning telling me my results in my ultrasound came back normal. So, they scheuled me to get what percentage my gallbladder is working at next week.
Oh wow, Ducky! I wasn't expecting that news! It's great that you don't have gallstones but now you get a nuclear medicine test? Do you know if it will be a swallow or the iodine injection?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Evan was going to send me a box of coils for the cubis with the next shipment, but forgot :(, so here I sit, with no coils for da cubis. :p
That's such a sad story, brudder! Nothing like looking longingly at a tank you love that has no coil. :(

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
They ran the camera down his throat and didn't find anything, so they are going to run a camera from the other direction tomorrow.

He said he's really hungry, though. Hasn't been allowed to eat anything since he had a small bowl of oatmeal before going to the doctor yesterday morning. Everything has to be clear for the cameras.
What! I 100% expected them to scope both ends at the same time! They must have been very confident it was an upper GI bleed to have only scheduled the EGD. So will he get to eat at all today? Poor guy. :(

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
He kept asking the nurses to bring him some fried chicken though, lol. My brother said every time one would leave the room, he would ask them to bring him back a little piece of chicken.
Awww, poor guy! He's probably feeling so much better since the transfusions. It sucks to feel good and be hungry!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Oh, he was asking for chicken before they even gave him blood last night, lol.

They said he can have either beef, chicken, or vegetable broth, jello, and sprite.

They are about to give him more blood.
Is that because he was still not at the levels they wanted after the first 2 transfusions or are his levels dropping again?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yeah. I mean he was pretty low. According to what my brother said, his hemoglobin was around 7, when it should be around 12-14. They said the 2 pints they were giving him last night should put him up to around 9. 9 is still pretty low, so I can see giving him more.
Question answered, lol! I REALLY need to read ahead when I am behind! :D

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Is that because he was still not at the levels they wanted after the first 2 transfusions or are his levels dropping again?
Question answered, lol! I REALLY need to read ahead when I am behind! :D
That's just my theory, lol. My mom is at home right now because it was snowing heavily, but he called her and said they were giving more blood and he would call her back.

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
As far as waiting, I'm sure his doctor has multiple patients and couldn't just schedule another procedure today after the first one.

In my mind, it seems easier to just grab another camera and run it the other way instead of making him stay on a clear liquid diet for another day. I'm sure it's not that simple, though. :lol:
It all depends. Our GI docs make the call, but most of the time when someone comes in with an unknown bleed they do both at the same time whenever possible. One of our GI docs does the lower endoscopy before the upper, lol! Grossed me out, even though I know they change the sheath out between procedures. It just seems so wrong to me, though. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That's just my theory, lol. My mom is at home right now because it was snowing heavily, but he called her and said they were giving more blood and he would call her back.
It makes sense, especially if he is going to be undergoing yet another procedure.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
For a healthy person with normal labs, doing both procedures is possible, and sometimes preferred as you only need one sedation. With someone like Donnie, who's not quite as stable, doing them a day apart with a transfusion in between makes sense. I know it's frustrating, though.

Last edited:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Hubby brought us home a husky puppy today :) He tricked me all day, and told me we did not get her. My Husband is so ornery.....lol The puppy is so cute! I think we are naming her Mya, Hubby picked the name :) It matches her I think :)
You need to share her pic.....she's flipping adorable! How's Zeus reacting?

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Oh wow, Ducky! I wasn't expecting that news! It's great that you don't have gallstones but now you get a nuclear medicine test? Do you know if it will be a swallow or the iodine injection?
Yay! swallow I do believe. I am a little nervous about it.

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Hubby brought us home a husky puppy today :) He tricked me all day, and told me we did not get her. My Husband is so ornery.....lol The puppy is so cute! I think we are naming her Mya, Hubby picked the name :) It matches her I think :)
Aww yay! We wanna see!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
You need to share her pic.....she's flipping adorable! How's Zeus reacting?
He was sniffing her like crazy. Hubby is getting ready to introduce them completely when him and Zeus come inside :) Zeus is outside whining to come in ;) lol He wants to check her out more. She is so little!
The picture is a lil blurry
dd9a09044f7ab974976892798af2ffac.jpg

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
He was sniffing her like crazy. Hubby is getting ready to introduce them completely when him and Zeus come inside :) Zeus is outside whining to come in ;) lol He wants to check her out more. She is so little!
The picture is a lil blurry
dd9a09044f7ab974976892798af2ffac.jpg
So cute! I want to snuggle her!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
For a healthy person with normal labs, doing both procedures is possible, and sometimes preferred as you only need one sedation. With someone like Donnie, who's not quite as stable, doing them a day apart with a transfusion in between makes sense. I know it's frustrating, though.
That makes sense. They probably did the one they thought was most important first!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
What!!! Congratulations, Ducky!! I definitely need to know if there is a strong odor of puppy breath. I just love baby dogs!!! :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yay! swallow I do believe. I am a little nervous about it.
It's easy. You just drink some icky barium (it's chalky but not undrinkable) and they watch it go through your system by taking scans at various times. You can do it!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread