Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Good to hear Dave.

I'm sure that SFATA is aware of this GA Bill. Greg Conley gave some Very Good testimony at California Special Session Committee Hearing last year when we had some Legislation that was trying to be Passed under Very Unusual Circumstances.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I think the Chances of someone who does DIY for Personal Use being charged with a Misdemeanor are about the same as for those who Cut the Tag off their Mattresses. LOL.
Why are you retreading a discussion that has been addressed twice before? There are many implications to making it illegal, regardless of how or if they directly enforce it in the more obvious ways. And BTW it is not nor has it ever been illegal for consumers to remove the tags. But you know that...

BTW - This Isn't a "Law". And Shouldn't be referred to it as such. It's a Bill. A Bill that might be Amended or Not even be Passed. It would be a Shame for someone to come to this Thread and then leave thinking that this was the "Law" in Georgia.
If they read post#1 they will figure it out.

BTW2 - How did we now Jump to vaping being Illegal?
I didn't, only you just did. Why disrupt this thread with this straw man argument?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Why are you retreading a discussion that has been addressed twice before? There are many implications to making it illegal, regardless of how or if they directly enforce it in the more obvious ways. And BTW it is not nor has it ever been illegal for consumers to remove the tags. But you know that...

If they read post#1 they will figure it out.

I didn't, only you just did. Why disrupt this thread with this straw man argument?

I just think that we would be Better Served to Concentrate on the 3rd BTW in my Post. Then to push the Hype Needle into the Red with some of the Posts that have been made in this Thread.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Throughout these threads the idea is floated that our enemies are stupid and/or ignorant. When they concoct "scientific studies" by misusing the gear people call them stupid. But they are not. They are creating a hazard where none exists and they are getting away with it. It is not moral or ethical but it is very effective and it is being conducted by extremely smart people and they are winning the war on every front.
Yeah, I cringe whenever I hear someone call our enemies stupid.
They are a lot of things, but stupid is NOT one of them.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I just think that we would be Better Served to Concentrate on the 3rd BTW in my Post. Then to push the Hype Needle into the Red with some of the Posts that have been made in this Thread.
I'm glad you are not the Final Arbiter of what is appropriate for discussion. Before you worry about what to do about the legislation, it doesn't hurt to discuss the implications so you know exactly what you are fighting about.

And BTW, you can LOL all you want about the idea of DIY being a criminal behavior or speculate if it would be prosecuted at all. But you are not now subjected to cigarette level taxes for your eLiquids. When that day arrives, and this bill is just preparatory work for that day, then there is serious money involved and DIY becomes a significant form of tax evasion. Do you LOL about the idea of being prosecuted if caught with a backyard still? That is just a similar form of DIY, with similar levels of taxes as we can expect to see in the future. So I would not be too sure about that LOL.

Here is another example where I could see someone prosecuted, and the token fine would be the least of the problems...

1. You DIY up a batch of eLiquid and give it to your friend Joe.
2. Joe drips it into his Mech atty and his mech blows up, removing two front teeth and rearranging his face
3. Joe ends up on the evening news, the local rags, and the internet
4. You are mentioned as having given Joe (very illegal!) some DIY juice (double illegal!!!). The reporters have a field day with that, connecting your DIY juice with Joe's unfortunate accident.

And then DIY comes under extra special media attention, resulting in a bill submitted to the legislature to make DIY and eLiquid sharing (now a horribly evil activity, equal in heinousness to that stuff we can't talk about) a felony. Of course, the legislature was going to make it a felony anyway, in conjunction with the upcoming $1/ml vape excise tax, but this was a gift from heaven so they'll run with it.

You will argue that to connect the two is total idiocy. I will argue that nothing in news reports of vape mod accidents is not idiotic, and it seems that journalists are in a race to greater idiocy. And you have to admit, it would make for great media sensationalism.

I would not want to be that guy. Not with that law and the current vape politics.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
aluminum-foil-hat-200X200.jpg

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I hope all Georgia vapers are supporting Georgia Smoke Free Association...

It is the existing vape advocacy there. (Earlier I said I did not know the name, but I now know.) There will most likely be a time when people are needed to be seen in the halls of the legislature. Rally under that banner...

The Indiana state senator who shopped this legislation is named Yoder. He is not seeking reelection this year in Indiana. Georgia will have their version of Yoder.

Stopping this bill before it gets to the governor's desk is your best bet. Get tuned into GSFA and CASAA for marching orders as there is usually very little time from the point of finding out when people can help and when it has to happen.

Fight amongst yourselves after you defeat the enemy else you give the enemy more ammunition to defeat you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the link. There's a plethora of good info and links to articles supporting ecigs with accurate information.

Looks like Britain is getting it right.

E-cigarettes could be prescribed by the NHS to help smokers quit, report says - BBC News

All the Thanks should go to Hoosier. He was the one who Mentioned it.

---

That is a Good Site. And I liked mentions of things like Battery Safety on their Main Page. It wasn't hard for Me to send them a Small Donation.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Thanks for the link. There's a plethora of good info and links to articles supporting ecigs with accurate information.

Looks like Britain is getting it right.

E-cigarettes could be prescribed by the NHS to help smokers quit, report says - BBC News
"Getting it right" would not include banning any vaping products that haven't gone through, and survived, the procees for having them approved as a medicinal product, and making what does get through, only available by prescription.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Hey you can Hype this into Anything you want.

And if Jumping on the FUD Train that doing DIY for personal use will someday be a Felony (LOL) is what Turns you On... Go for it.

It makes for Good Internet Drama.
If you go back to your post #198 it is clear you don't take some critical parts of that bill very seriously. Excuse me for trying to explain what you seem to have missed. I hope, for the Georgia vapers sake, that whoever fights this bill understands the implications of a technical DIY ban and where it will inevitably lead.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
@yourstruly, this is now the 3rd time you have pulled that juvenile stunt on me. The first two times I let it slide, in the interests of the forum. But this is getting to be a habit. I am going to request that if you have nothing intelligent to add to a discussion, that you simply keep your own counsel.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
I hope all Georgia vapers are supporting Georgia Smoke Free Association...

It is the existing vape advocacy there. (Earlier I said I did not know the name, but I now know.) There will most likely be a time when people are needed to be seen in the halls of the legislature. Rally under that banner...

The Indiana state senator who shopped this legislation is named Yoder. He is not seeking reelection this year in Indiana. Georgia will have their version of Yoder.

Stopping this bill before it gets to the governor's desk is your best bet. Get tuned into GSFA and CASAA for marching orders as there is usually very little time from the point of finding out when people can help and when it has to happen.

Fight amongst yourselves after you defeat the enemy else you give the enemy more ammunition to defeat you.

Here is a Link to the Georgia Smoke Free Association that Hoosier mentioned...

Georgia Smoke Free Association | Georgia Smoke Free Association

Thank You Hoosier and ZoiDman. :)

Reactions: zoiDman

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Here is a Link to the Georgia Smoke Free Association that Hoosier mentioned...

http://www.gasmokefree.org/

Anyone know what a non-vendor membership costs? It implies there is one without stating what is is. "After completing this online application, you will receive an email with a payment options."

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
The CTA is on the Casaa website. Just got the email this morning.

GA - Take Action to protect your access to the wide variety of vapor products!

I fired off the Casaa emails to both Kidd and Jones. As well as personally written ones to them on their .gov email addresses. I feel real weird about asking Kidd for help. He tried to to consolidate our city/county governments back in Nov of last year, with a big lie/smear campaign and got called out on it. It was a HUGE mess here in my city! Needless to say it didn't happen. (His office is here, less than a block from where I work) If I need to I'll suck it up and walk over there and talk to him. I'll find out what if he actually talks to the public.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread