Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD53

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Bloomington, Illinois
Got an adapter in the mail and it does make electrical contact. But the Kabuki won't screw down flush, even without a coil in it. Neither kayfun 4 bases will screw down flush either. And it won't sit flush on my Provari even with a trim ring. You would like to think with the Kabuki and the adaptor both coming from HoH they might fit together better. Hmmmm

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I cranked 2 different nautilus coils down on my P3 Kabuki as far as my 6'7" 225 lb frame would allow, but the coils won't make contact with the actual p3 side of the adapter.

You sure this isn't your issue?

I haven't mentioned this to anyone yet... Haha got it last week, and was frustrated and put my Kabuki away for awhile.

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk
Sounds like Zen might need to make the pins a little longer in them adaptors.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I cranked 2 different nautilus coils down on my P3 Kabuki as far as my 6'7" 225 lb frame would allow, but the coils won't make contact with the actual p3 side of the adapter.

You sure this isn't your issue?

I haven't mentioned this to anyone yet... Haha got it last week, and was frustrated and put my Kabuki away for awhile.

Adapter works with Kabuki on Jackie's V2 Mini but not with SS or black ProVape beauty ring. HOH sent me 4 pins to try but to no avail. They all looked the same length to my naked eye, with glasses. They only need to be microscopically longer to work with beauty rings. At this point, not sure if we care enough to keep pursuing (since it works without beauty rings) unless I hear they start making the pins longer, then I'm going to want one of those longer pins. I might mention it again in a another phone call, or I might not.

Last edited:

D3V8

Feb 8, 2016
Hi all. I'm a first time poster on the site. I recently purchased a provari radius and the kabuki tank. I'm having an issue I hope someone can help.
I have a small vapor leak between the box and the tank connection. Is this normal? It's not a big problem nut but it's kind of annoying. It's connecting via the P3. Thanks!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hi all. I'm a first time poster on the site. I recently purchased a provari radius and the kabuki tank. I'm having an issue I hope someone can help.
I have a small vapor leak between the box and the tank connection. Is this normal? It's not a big problem nut but it's kind of annoying. It's connecting via the P3. Thanks!

I suspect what your referring to is that when you take the Kabuki off your Radius, you see a little bit of liquid in the well surrounding the pin, yes? It's not vapor. It's condensation and is completely normal and to be expected.

D3V8

Feb 8, 2016
I suspect what your referring to is that when you take the Kabuki off your Radius, you see a little bit of liquid in the well surrounding the pin, yes? It's not vapor. It's condensation and is completely normal and to be expected.
Thanks, it could be condensation. When I took the tank off there was a little liquid but I dried off and it's still doing it. I'll just keep any eye on it. Thanks again!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Thanks, it could be condensation. When I took the tank off there was a little liquid but I dried off and it's still doing it. I'll just keep any eye on it. Thanks again!
The condensation you are seeing is perfectly normal, the Kabuki was designed to do that.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

As we've said, it's normal, and it will keep doing this. I have 3 Kabuki and every one of them does this. Zen, the creator of the Kabuki stated it's normal and so it is. The good news is you have nothing wrong. So just keep enjoying your Radius/Kabuki combo. It's simply a great pairing!

JD53

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Bloomington, Illinois
My Kabuki P3 has leaked some juice on the connector, but only a few times. Condensation seems the norm. Condensation should be clear, leaks are the same color of the juice. I can only assume the coils are the culprit. They are authentic, at least according to Aspire. Now everytime I refill, I check the coil is really tight in the base. I bought a P3 to 510 adapter to use as a "drip pan" but it doesn't thread all the way on to the Kabuki and looks kinda crappy. Oh well.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
My Kabuki P3 has leaked some juice on the connector, but only a few times. Condensation seems the norm. Condensation should be clear, leaks are the same color of the juice. I can only assume the coils are the culprit. They are authentic, at least according to Aspire. Now everytime I refill, I check the coil is really tight in the base. I bought a P3 to 510 adapter to use as a "drip pan" but it doesn't thread all the way on to the Kabuki and looks kinda crappy. Oh well.

Yeah, what he said...
Condensation is normal and shouldn't be a whole lot. Looks like teeny tiny droplets, almost like evaporation in a aquarium. In the case (my case anyway) of e-liquid leaking through, it's always been just a little bit of solid (solid?) liquid around the pin and it was always when I was using a HH rebuild so I attributed it to the coil leaking but it still always a miniscule amount.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

Unfortunately, not all Nauti coils have the same length pin. Most newer coils have been fine, but not all. Enaud came up with a fix for this early in this thread, but lazy me just finds a coil that is long enough. :)

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
image.jpeg
I know the mod is not up to proper standards, especially for this sub-forum. A little spendy for a tank but the flavor is great and well worth the cost. I have a feeling this won't be my only one. A stealth one, and a Radius, may be in order for my vape-a-versary in March.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
View attachment 529760 I know the mod is not up to proper standards, especially for this sub-forum. A little spendy for a tank but the flavor is great and well worth the cost. I have a feeling this won't be my only one. A stealth one, and a Radius, may be in order for my vape-a-versary in March.
I know how you feel. It is a great tank. Love the flavor, and ease of use. :thumbs:

And it won't be your last one....

I ended up with 7.:blush::censored::facepalm:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
View attachment 529760 I know the mod is not up to proper standards, especially for this sub-forum. A little spendy for a tank but the flavor is great and well worth the cost. I have a feeling this won't be my only one. A stealth one, and a Radius, may be in order for my vape-a-versary in March.
If yer vapin... an not smokin... It's Worthy!!!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
We wanna see pics of your Radius/Kabuki combo!!!!!!!
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Sent from my i6S+

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012

:offtopic:
Hey man, are you a Mr. Potato Head fan or a Star Wars fan? Dumb question, I know. I just thought if by some offbeat chance you had those Star Wars Potato Heads 'cause you were a Mr. Potato Head fan, I was going to ask if you had KISS Mr. Potato Heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread