Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I use alcohol every morning when I take my Victoza shot. I then use the wipe to clean my drip tip and then my cell phone screen. Works great.
A short while back, I sent one of my quad copters back to B and H for a refund. Anyway, I had already used a permanent marker on the white plastic of the remote control, in order for me to easily know which of two identical remote controls was bound to which quad.

I expected a difficult job removing the permanent marker. Nope, Everclear completely removed the ink with almost no effort in just a few seconds.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
but... one last dance

Nice! Thank you!
Morning Porchers...

Woke up to a winter wonderland and it's supposed to snow into the night. So far, this will be the most accumulation we'll have had all this winter! Very unusual...but I like it!Was bothered last evening by a tellemarketer phone call...and the same call before 8:00 a.m. !

I called them back, pushed the O no. a dozen times till a real person answered...then proceeded to tell them off...felt rather good...think I'll do that from now on...
If I didn't have kids and grandkids that might need to get in touch with me, I'ld just shut the ringer off and periodically check the messages.
I don't answer my phones if a caller is not in my contact list. If it's important, leave a message!
Exactly!
it's a specialty brand made only in the tiny village altowindexia. Very hard to get and fairly expensive, but well worth it. :lol:
:thumb:
On a snowy Fastnach Day ... what could be better ...

IMG_3891_zpsk4lwqebk.jpg

IMG_3895_zpsr6ysrg7s.jpg

IMG_3893_zpsf5udnynv.jpg

IMG_3896_zpsgvbpjruu.jpg

Thank you dear wife. :wub:
:hubba:
Yeah, kind of like all housekeeping chores. Make the bed, do the dishes, vacuum the carpet, mop the floors. . . . Sure, and six months later it's all waiting to be done again.
No rush to do housekeeping. It'll still be there tomorrow anyway.
I knew I didn't have a broken leg but I see the doc tomorrow so will find out then for sure what's up. All I know is it hurts like hell when the pain pills wear off.
Hoping for the best.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I agree Iffy finally decide to go see whats going on and still can't get the whole story. Course it don't help my doc only works 3 days a week, but she told them if they wanted her to remain when they moved the clinics it was going to be under her terms and she told me that her and her husband don't live an extravagent lifestyle, he is a retired school teacher just retired and she is 62 and has plenty of patients won't even accept new ones. But she is a really nice lady so it's worth the wait. You ever notice the older doctors are the best.
Yes, I definitely have.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yep, streaks like mad. Our is also black. Bad thing is the front control panel is stainless steel coated with some shiny black coating and it's starting to peel. See previous post. :)
I thought y.all remodeled the kitchen!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Next 7 days weather forecast at my house:
Nightly lows from 13 to 34, daytime highs from 32 to 49, chance of precipitation 0 to 73 percent depending on day and time.

Next 7 days weather forecast in Las Vegas:
Nightly lows from 45 to 53, daytime highs from 73 to 76, zero percent chance of rain.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Nightly lows from 13 to 34, daytime highs from 32 to 49, chance of precipitation 0 to 73 percent depending on day and time.

Nightly lows from 45 to 53, daytime highs from 73 to 76, zero percent chance of rain.
I would just stay home. Otherwise you will not go back home.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Our lows are from 38 (tonight), to 57. Highs from 64 to 76. Come on 76!

They are remodeling the exterior of our building. They started on the other side & worked their way around. The demo team made it as far as our front porch, & the wall between that & our patio. They pulled off the siding & I guess the insulation, & put up some kind of particle plywood stuff. They'll put up insulation on top of that. Tyvek I think. And then the new siding. It might be Hardy Plank or something. It was creepy sitting here in my room with them banging & slamming around the window. I closed the blinds & the drapes. They'll be ripping out everything on the patio tomorrow. It.s too cold to be without insulation.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Make the bed? What's that. We generally just pull up the sheet and comforter, after all we're just going to get back in it. The only time it gets truly "made" is when we change the sheets. After all it isn't like anybody is going to see it. ;)
I used to make the bed, nice faux suede spread and all, every day. But the first summer hubby went off on a trip and I stayed home I got lazy. Now we straighten it, but no spread unless we are having company which is like once a year. Yeah, we are just going to have to pull down the spread, climb in and the heck with it!

I agree Iffy finally decide to go see whats going on and still can't get the whole story. Course it don't help my doc only works 3 days a week, but she told them if they wanted her to remain when they moved the clinics it was going to be under her terms and she told me that her and her husband don't live an extravagent lifestyle, he is a retired school teacher just retired and she is 62 and has plenty of patients won't even accept new ones. But she is a really nice lady so it's worth the wait. You ever notice the older doctors are the best.
Real life experience with real patients. Younger Docs have their book learning and limited experience. Yes there have been advances in medicine, but older ones keep up plus have the real world experience. Makes a big difference, especially if they are open minded and use their learning plus experience.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
Everclear completely removed the ink with almost no effort in just a few seconds.

There ya go again, talkin' my language. ;)

Everclear will not only remove ink, it'll clean out your pipes, tickle your whistle, and cure what ails ya... hehe...

I can hardly wait 'til Fall when I can use it to brew up some more of my famous
*Apple Pie Moonshine*... mmmm good stuff y'all, but...
Just like Brylcreme - A little dab'll do ya...

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Make the bed? What's that. We generally just pull up the sheet and comforter, after all we're just going to get back in it. The only time it gets truly "made" is when we change the sheets. After all it isn't like anybody is going to see it. ;)
How I make my bed:
Remove pillows. Fold blankets in half lengthwise. Go to end of bed. Lift. Walk forward. Give it a final push. Grab board. Put on top of bed. Grab cushion. Put on loveseat. Voila! The illusion that I never sleep.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Now we straighten it, but no spread unless we are having company which is like once a year. Yeah, we are just going to have to pull down the spread, climb in and the heck with it!

Sure. That's why they call it a bed cover. It covers everything up

Real life experience with real patients. Younger Docs have their book learning and limited experience. Yes there have been advances in medicine, but older ones keep up plus have the real world experience. Makes a big difference, especially if they are open minded and use their learning plus experience.

Some of the younger ones can be pretty good, too. It's just hard to trust someone still sucking on a lollypop

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
It's been quite windy the last few days .. a cutting, bleak wind that passes right thru layers of clothing .. the kind of cold wind that, the moment you step outdoors, you're cold .. my workshop is 100 + year old building. and no matter what, when it gets below 30 and the wind is high like now, I'm lucky to get the indoor temp up to 57 .. which still feels pretty nice after stepping in from essentially 5 degrees with the wind chill factor ..

You get used to it .. when it's 99 outside in the Summer, I can't get it to cool past 78, which also feels pretty good stepping in ..

One of the things that I miss (the list is long, and, as many of us know, eyesight is the second thing to go .. ;)) .. is the tolerance for extreme cold and extreme heat I always had that eventually went away .. it was one of the things that, as odd as it may sound, reminded me I was aging ..

So, when I walk outside, I am still reminded .. that it's another Winter in a line of many ..

72797103.jpg

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
It's been quite windy the last few days .. a cutting, bleak wind that passes right thru layers of clothing .. the kind of cold wind that, the moment you step outdoors, you're cold .. my workshop is 100 + year old building. and no matter what, when it gets below 30 and the wind is high like now, I'm lucky to get the indoor temp up to 57 .. which still feels pretty nice after stepping in from essentially 5 degrees with the wind chill factor ..

You get used to it .. when it's 99 outside in the Summer, I can't get it to cool past 78, which also feels pretty good stepping in ..

One of the things that I miss (the list is long, and, as many of us know, eyesight is the second thing to go .. ;)) .. is the tolerance for extreme cold and extreme heat I always had that eventually went away .. it was one of the things that, as odd as it may sound, reminded me I was aging ..

So, when I walk outside, I am still reminded .. that it's another Winter in a line of many ..

72797103.jpg

I most definitely can relate to that. Stepping off a plane when I landed on Guam, many years ago, was like stepping into a steam bath.....and I loved it there. Today I wouldn't be able to tolerate that kind of humidity......:unsure:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Ditto ....to you both
MY MOTTO

View attachment 529520
Amen! I went through a spell for several years, right before & right after I retired, in which I didn't make my bed. It was the only time in my life I've not done it. But I wasn't in any condition to do anything but try to go to work every day, & later try to get out of bed every day. As soon as I was better, I started making my bed again. I use quilts on my bed & enjoy seeing them.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I use quilts on my bed & enjoy seeing them.
My current project is little squares sorted by color, and sewed together. Then cut into diamond shapes, and sewed together using black strips (sashing) between them. May have someone post a pic of it when completed.

I actually rolled around on the floor today planning the layout. No calf-cramps. That physical therapy helped. I was going to go over to the community room to do it, but it is so bitterly cold outside, the walk to the post office was enough (they are in the same building).

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
My current project is little squares sorted by color, and sewed together. Then cut into diamond shapes, and sewed together using black strips (sashing) between them. May have someone post a pic of it when completed.

I actually rolled around on the floor today planning the layout. No calf-cramps. That physical therapy helped. I was going to go over to the community room to do it, but it is so bitterly cold outside, the walk to the post office was enough (they are in the same building).
Can't wait to see it! I love black sashing in quilts!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Yep we been thinking of selling too the oven is getting dirty.
Great minds think alike.
I can't agree with that one. My doc when I first retired from the Navy was a great older guy name of Joe and we got along great. He retired about ten years ago and all his patients, that wanted to, went to his replacement. A young lady name of Bobbie. She is an absolutely fantastic doctor. Listens, cares a lot and has a great warped sense of humor. Only doctor I've ever had that gave me her cell number so I could forward jokes to her. We get along great and I would love to take her to Florida with us. Problem is she loves having kids and won't leave her nanny. When I say loves having kids I mean physically having them. She's got five of em. All about two and a half years apart and she's talking about having another. Back when I was young we called em breeders. ;)
I thought y.all remodeled the kitchen!
We did. Just didn't replace the appliances. Dishwasher was only a year old, fridge about 4 years old. The range is the oldest but was top of the line when we got it and still works great. Just is showing it's age somewhat. With everything we have done to the house whoever buys it will be getting a really nice looking home and can replace em if they want. Even the washer and dryer are almost new front load and high efficiency. They also get a second fridge out in the garage/workshop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread