Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Latest build on the Higo, managed to squeeze a pair of 26/32 3mm simple claptons in it, scottish roll wicking with tapered tails, 80 watts is the sweet spot with this build. Flavor is extremely good, it is a thirsty little devil though!

Would love to see a V2 of this with a Vdeck, or a little larger post holes.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Yes I am, the latest tank full with the clapton build was 95VG, first time I've seen bubbles in the tank. Was almost a continuous rise of bubbles, chain vaped a full tank in about 20 minutes. Refilled and giving myself and the tank a rest, so far no leaking, and no bubbles rising unless I hit it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well, he could use a little assistance I think :D I'm not sure where he put his coils because the side airflow should be lined up with the bottom airflow to hit the coils directly.

I agree the fill holes need to be reworked, but I'm not getting any mess using a plastic juice bottle with a plastic needle tip. However, I wouldn't try an eye dropper unless I wanted to cuss a lot.

And I guess I should tell him how to fill it so it doesn't leak :)

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Well, he could use a little assistance I think :D I'm not sure where he put his coils because the side airflow should be lined up with the bottom airflow to hit the coils directly.

I agree the fill holes need to be reworked, but I'm not getting any mess using a plastic juice bottle with a plastic needle tip. However, I wouldn't try an eye dropper unless I wanted to cuss a lot.

I wish mine would leak. If it leaked, I wouldn't have drilled terrible holes into it.

Edit: I didn't watch the review. I can't watch that guy, he make my eyelids twitch. I can't watch him and I can't watch that Trevor Jones stoner guy. All I ever hear him say is "dude, bro, man, duddee." Eghh.

Last edited:

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan

Heh ya I noticed he says it will leak on you every time. He should have did some reading first to learn the fast fill method. I made a quick post on there about it.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
It makes one wonder if some of these youtubers get so much free gear that maybe they don't put in much effort to proper use. It's like one and done.
Ya exactly for him to say it will always leak means that he didn't try to at least find a solution. If he had read this thread he would have known so idk.

Kind of a big deal about the juice fill holes though. If you need to fast fill, those fill holes make things just worse.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Got my replacement from Focusecig Saturday, much better then the first one, acceptably good machining, boy is it dirty though. Haven't done anything with it yet other then look it over. They also sent me a Hobbit RDA cute little bugger that actually works pretty well.

When I watched that review video I got the distinct impression he spent as little time on it as possible, probably just enough that he figured it should be good for more freebies.

He obviously did not spend much time building it. 2mm, or 2.5mm coils max? I currently have a pretty fat 26/32 3mm clapton in mine. Granted it leaves nothing to spare but It did squeeze into place. A straight 3mm kanthal build should be a breeze.

I've also not top filled mine since the initial first fill, I just take the entire tank/chimney off the base and fill Taifun style, have to be a little careful holding it together but once you get used to it, no problem at all.

Thanks to Focusecig for the replacement, and thanks to Roxynoodle for facilitating the replacement.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Got my replacement from Focusecig Saturday, much better then the first one, acceptably good machining, boy is it dirty though. Haven't done anything with it yet other then look it over. They also sent me a Hobbit RDA cute little bugger that actually works pretty well.

When I watched that review video I got the distinct impression he spent as little time on it as possible, probably just enough that he figured it should be good for more freebies.

He obviously did not spend much time building it. 2mm, or 2.5mm coils max? I currently have a pretty fat 26/32 3mm clapton in mine. Granted it leaves nothing to spare but It did squeeze into place. A straight 3mm kanthal build should be a breeze.

I've also not top filled mine since the initial first fill, I just take the entire tank/chimney off the base and fill Taifun style, have to be a little careful holding it together but once you get used to it, no problem at all.

Thanks to Focusecig for the replacement, and thanks to Roxynoodle for facilitating the replacement.

So glad :)

The Hobbit is an awesome little juice tester :)

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL

That's why I say I can't stand that dude. His face makes me mad, but he also seems like the kind of dude in it to get freebies, not help people make a decision. No likes.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I should do reviews, but I don't have the equipment or tech skills. I would at least show people how to build it. And how to fill it because I see the leaking complaint on all top filling attys. I have a weird knack for them.

It was a terrible review. He couldn't even remember who made it. If you can't, you should at least look before you turn on the camera :confused:

I've never watched him before. What kinds of builds does he do that he didn't think bigger coils would fit? I have 6 wrap Claptons in mine. Not the biggest coils I'm currently running, but not small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread