Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Would be interested in how the D and R Picayune turns out. Keep us posted.
Picayune is the first one from this weekend that I'm trying. I'm somewhat disappointed. It's very monochromatic and lacking flavor. I'm running it at .6 Ohms, 40W. Maybe it needs to get older and/or I'll try it hotter.

67, that Black Twist is sure good less than a day old. So rich and Earthy. Almost chocolate in its undertones.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm happy with this one. I'm getting more leather. I think this is the one I ran at .7 Ohms 30-something watts and at .2 Ohms 60-something watts and it was washed out at the higher power level. It's more enjoyable at lower power.

Reactions: checkum

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Picayune is the first one from this weekend that I'm trying. I'm somewhat disappointed. It's very monochromatic and lacking flavor. I'm running it at .6 Ohms, 40W. Maybe it needs to get older and/or I'll try it hotter.

Yeah, I'm happy with this one. I'm getting more leather. I think this is the one I ran at .7 Ohms 30-something watts and at .2 Ohms 60-something watts and it was washed out at the higher power level. It's more enjoyable at lower power.

I have experienced the same thing! Sometimes a LOWER wattage works better.

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota

I'm single coil, 1.5, at 15.5w and it's quite rich.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 67Tele

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Have someone experiences with leafsonly.com ? I want to buy 10 samples and the shipping inside the usa would coast 22 dollars from leafsonly to Minden in Nevada. Its my shipito.com adress in the usa. Weight must be 1,3 kilos i think, because each sample is about 1/4 pound. Its very expensive in my opinion but i am german. Is it a usually shipping price in the usa ?

At leafsonly the smallest order for tobacco is 1/4 pound. Its to much for trying. 50 gramms would be good for a sample.

Do you know perhaps another good supplier ? I am searching for good viginia, tukish or orient and burley tobacco.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Do you know perhaps another good supplier ? I am searching for good viginia, tukish or orient and burley tobacco.

I don't know if P&C ships internationally, but some of their blending tobaccos are great. You can choose many single leaf varieties in that section. They also carry Peter Stokkebye Turkish which is blended with Virginia.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Great thread. Ive been enjoying ready made NETs for a few years and are the only ones I buy. I make a few light fruit and mint flavours to keep me going. I go thru a LOT of eliquid daily so I have to save.

I recently took the dive into DIY NET. I kept reading that it is really very easy and that once someone gives it a try they would be surprised how they paid so much for one ounce of ready made.

I put this thread on my "watch list" and hope it will help me through my DIY NET adventure.

So far its been a little over a week with my crushed up Acid Blonde Cigar soaking in PG.

Thanks for the great suggestions.

ITs been a while and I see Ive missed a lot. I think I stayed away from threads like this one and one other because I did not want to be tempted to try it before its time.

The post above was a week after I shredded by cigar ( acid blondie). Last night I strained it and got a pretty good amount for it being a mini cigar. It smells heavenly and tasted good even straight.

SO now its in a temp bottle and looks really clear , used a good lab filter , cant remember (2microns or less?)

So now that I have it extracted Ive forgotten what to do with it now. I usually use all PG and on the other DIY I make ( peppermint, straw-pine, cherry) I use 5% flavoring and sometimes that is too strong.
Ive heard some that make NET use 20 or 30 %.

So basically treat it as I do any of my Flavor apprentice extracts but at a higher ratio? I like 90% VG.

Im scared to flub it up and waste all those months of waiting. Thats a 4.5 inch jar that usually holds 14oz or aprx 420 ml. Realistically how much can I make. I have 250ml bottles and 120 ml bottles.

extract_zpstuzz6e3d.jpg

Reactions: usr/

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
OH DAMN, Thank every DIY NET persons that have posted in this thread and other NET diy threads.

I had contemplated for almost 2 years on giving this a try and Im SO GLAD I DID it.

I made up a 30ml bottle at 20% and the rest is all VG including the nic base. Its soooo goood.

ITs not too strong, maybe could even use a tad more extract, but since its fresh I will give it some time.
BUT dang, its so good. True tobacco taste, no sweeteners, no added flavors , just pure Acid Blonde.

I think I found a new obsession. I will become more of a hermit than I already am.

Ive tried many store bought NETs, Good E Juice and NET.com being the best easily found liquids. My all time favorite was Walkers Acid Blonde, but I think I like mine better. I suspect he adds something to give it a sweeter edge.

Thanks again. Im using my Origen V3 dripper on a mech and Im in heaven.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
OH DAMN, Thank every DIY NET persons that have posted in this thread and other NET diy threads.

I had contemplated for almost 2 years on giving this a try and Im SO GLAD I DID it.

I made up a 30ml bottle at 20% and the rest is all VG including the nic base. Its soooo goood.

ITs not too strong, maybe could even use a tad more extract, but since its fresh I will give it some time.
BUT dang, its so good. True tobacco taste, no sweeteners, no added flavors , just pure Acid Blonde.

I think I found a new obsession. I will become more of a hermit than I already am.

Ive tried many store bought NETs, Good E Juice and NET.com being the best easily found liquids. My all time favorite was Walkers Acid Blonde, but I think I like mine better. I suspect he adds something to give it a sweeter edge.

Thanks again. Im using my Origen V3 dripper on a mech and Im in heaven.

Love this! I put off extracting too and once in, all in. It has become an obsession for me too...along with the increased hermit-age. You probably know this but, if you use a juice calculator you can add your extract as you do a flavor and go from there. I use New Calculator to try and mix by weight (I've always had a mental block with percentages.)

Now, get a bunch more tobaccos and start macerating for your stockpile.

It's a lovely and rewarding road we're all on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread