Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Oh yeah, I'm serious. This is not a design concept that should be tossed aside lightly. It should be HURLED, with great force!
Remember that commercial for American Tourister luggage? LMAO

I'm bad, I'll make myself go sit in the corner.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Kaz, I've enjoyed our chat as well! You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers as well. You're on a road I've been on before.

Thanks hun. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Unfortunately I found another one of the potholes in that road last night. We didn't get to bed until around midnight, then she woke me up at 2am because she was hurling into a trashcan (that I keep next to the bed on her side just for that purpose). She had also messed up her side of the bed, so while she was in the bathroom cleaning herself up I got to get up to strip and clean the bed, put new sheets on, and start a load of laundry. Back to bed around 3:30 this morning, then the alarm goes off at 6am for me to get up and go to work... well, I'm here... just hope they don't really want me to do anything productive...

Lynnster, I hope you are feeling better, and it didn't suck too much having to work, while not feeling well..

Kaz, you and your wife are in my prayers.. That is a very difficult thing to deal with, I am sure. I've never had to experience cancer in a loved one in my life, but I can only imagine that it is very scary. I'll pray that her treatment and God's will bring complete cure to her, and peace to you, Brother..

Thank ya, Brother. Very much appreciated! And yes, it is scary as hell... but it comes in spells. It's kinda like a really weird rollercoaster ride of emotions. I know one thing for sure... I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Not cancer, and not for them to have a loved one with cancer. Most people don't realize it, but being a caretaker is only a small step below actually having cancer yourself. At least for the ones who care...

My heart goes out to you Lady Lynn and Brother Kaez.... Can't even imagine....

Lynn, glad to hear you're a little perkier!

Thank ya, Babes... you've been there for me for a while now, and I still appreciate it to this day! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Sorry... runnin' outta words and need COFFEE!! :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Thank ya, Brother. Very much appreciated! And yes, it is scary as hell... but it comes in spells. It's kinda like a really weird rollercoaster ride of emotions. I know one thing for sure... I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Not cancer, and not for them to have a loved one with cancer. Most people don't realize it, but being a caretaker is only a small step below actually having cancer yourself. At least for the ones who care...

My SO was diagnosed with M.S. 3-1/2 years ago. It's definitely a roller coaster. There are plenty of good days, and a lot of "less-than-good" days. It's all about adjusting to the "new normal". And wishing you could take it all away....

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
My SO was diagnosed with M.S. 3-1/2 years ago. It's definitely a roller coaster. There are plenty of good days, and a lot of "less-than-good" days. It's all about adjusting to the "new normal". And wishing you could take it all away....

Not the real intent of the songs meaning, but "Take it all away", struck a chord, and well, I love this song.... :|

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

Uuugghhhh... yet another insidious disease with no 'good' treatment. You'd think with all of the technology and money that we pump into research in this country that they'd be farther along in coming up with viable treatments for these things. I'm sorry to hear about y'all's struggle, Darlin'... but you are absolutely right. All we can really do is adjust to the "new normal" and keep going as best we can. Unfortunately the laws of the universe just won't allow us to just magically make it all go away, or even to share the true burden that our loved ones face... I would gladly trade places with her, just so that she wouldn't have to suffer through the sickness herself.

Lunch time flyby...
(((((Kaz)))))

Guess I won't be winning a new mod. A certain someone that won't shut his fing trap has just about done me in! 12 pages of incessant yapping??? Oh puh lease!!
Rant over!
Waving.... Hey and Bye!

:)
Sorry 'bout the drama, luv... maybe I should track that thread down and do a l'il regulatin'... ;) :evil:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Uuugghhhh... yet another insidious disease with no 'good' treatment. You'd think with all of the technology and money that we pump into research in this country that they'd be farther along in coming up with viable treatments for these things. I'm sorry to hear about y'all's struggle, Darlin'... but you are absolutely right. All we can really do is adjust to the "new normal" and keep going as best we can. Unfortunately the laws of the universe just won't allow us to just magically make it all go away, or even to share the true burden that our loved ones face... I would gladly trade places with her, just so that she wouldn't have to suffer through the sickness herself.

:)
Sorry 'bout the drama, luv... maybe I should track that thread down and do a l'il regulatin'... ;) :evil:

resistors.jpg

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa

I've had MS for over 20 years. A roller coaster ride, for sure. And sometimes, you don't even know if your symptoms are from MS or some other problem. And since you can't take it away, you just gotta accept it and do the best you can each and every day.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I've had MS for over 20 years. A roller coaster ride, for sure. And sometimes, you don't even know if your symptoms are from MS or some other problem. And since you can't take it away, you just gotta accept it and do the best you can each and every day.

WORD!

I've come across a number of members here who have MS. Spot on about whether it's the MS or something else causing that day's yuk....

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

Hai KAT!! How ya been, Darlin'? Haven't seen much of you lately... prolly cuz I been hangin' out in unusual places... ;) Good to see ya, though. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
(((HUGS))) right back atcha, Kaezziel. I'm doing ok. How about you and yours?

Been a rough couple 'o days... then she goes back in for chemo this Friday. Her best friend is going to start stepping up and taking her to half of her treatments so that I don't have to take so much time off work, and it'll give them a chance to spend more time together. She moved to the complete other side of town and is now like an hour and a half away, so they don't get to see each other very often. As for me, I'm currently exhausted, but I'll just suck it up and do what I gotta do. Hard part is doin' it with a smile... ;)

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Been a rough couple 'o days... then she goes back in for chemo this Friday. Her best friend is going to start stepping up and taking her to half of her treatments so that I don't have to take so much time off work, and it'll give them a chance to spend more time together. She moved to the complete other side of town and is now like an hour and a half away, so they don't get to see each other very often. As for me, I'm currently exhausted, but I'll just suck it up and do what I gotta do. Hard part is doin' it with a smile... ;)

Oh, so sorry, Honey. Last I heard, she was doing well.....this really sucks! :(

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Oh, so sorry, Honey. Last I heard, she was doing well.....this really sucks! :(

Yeah, not sure what's going on... she's not usually nauseated at this point in the treatment cycle. I think she needs to add the latest nausea medication into the rotation now, something called Marinol (I think) The pharmacist said that it's supposed to work really well...

Reactions: Katmar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread