Please help!!! Coils burning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie0549

Feb 10, 2016
Hey guys, I'm very new to vaping. I bought a evic vtc mini, it was the 60w device but with the upgrade its at 75w right now. I have the uwell crown tank and haven't really had that many issues until now. I like to use the .25 coils because of such a better taste and everything compared to the nickel. But now my .25 coil is getting these burnt tastes after taking like 5 pulls or so. I would let it sit for a couple min. and then after another 5 pulls it would come back. I've switched out many new coils and primed them and broke them in like I should. But after I go back up to a higher wattage the taste comes back. When I use the nickel in temp control I run it at 600 f and at 75w. And everything is fine no burnt taste so far. But not as much vapor and taste that I would like. I'm trying to quit cigs so the amount of vapor is a must. Please help I have no idea what's wrong. Thank you in advance.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't know everyone says that the uwell .25 coil is rated to go up to 120w. I only run TC mode if I have the nickel coil in. Other than that my .25 coil is in power mode and is at 60-70w.
Well, dry hits are a product of either too much power, or improper wicking. If you think the tank is wicking properly, you're hitting it with too much power. Try starting at lower power, then slowly go up until you taste it going dry, then back off a little.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
You may want to try adjusting the juice being used. If you use a higher ratio of VG to
PG you'll find more vapor production can happen. Also seconding you may be firing off
too high a wattage for the coil.

As of yet have not used temp control, or been over 25W. That aside, on some 2oHm coils I
note a harsh peppery taste going up higher in wattage. Know my nicotine level and feel
confident it is correct for me, can only deduce higher wattage scorching the juice.

If I drop to lower wattage the taste dissipates. This is only my personal experience. We
each seem to find our own respective ways.

Another speculation, don't try using kanthal with temp control. From what I understand,
kanthal will not work with temp control. This is one reason I have avoided temp control,
economics. Kanthal is cheap and the others are not.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I don't know everyone says that the uwell .25 coil is rated to go up to 120w. I only run TC mode if I have the nickel coil in. Other than that my .25 coil is in power mode and is at 60-70w.

Sounds as if the cotton is crammed too tightly in there and you are having wicking issues. The cotton MUST be saturated with juicd or it will burn..

Proper wicking is a fine art. Too much cotton and you get dry hits or burn the wick.

Too little wick the atty pops and spits. Improper wicking in my OCC heads for the Subtank Nano is what forced me into rebuilding the OCC heads.

You have three choices.

1. Temp Control.
2. Keep the power down so to not burn the wick.
3. Learn to rebuild so you can get a consistent vape

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I'm getting good hits, they are very moist but every time I press the fire button after I get done inhaling I hear sizzling then the burnt taste comes along. Like right now I'm still smoking on the nickel at the highest my mod goes and there is no problems. Just not enough vapor as there is with the .25.

Higher VG juices will give you much more vapor but if there are wicking issues the wicks will burn at lower power because high VG juices are thick so they will have a harder time keeping up.

Cookie0549

Feb 10, 2016
See I'm still pretty new to this whole vape thing not too sure on what everything means. Don't know if u know the juice but I'm using the Ronin banzai with 3 nicotine. My buddy has the same tank but is using the snow wolf 200w and everything he is using I'm doing. And his seems to be working fine he has the same coil in for 3 weeks now. And he has no problems with running it at 70-85w. I don't know if it's acting up with mine because I'm running my mod at its highest potential at 75w.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Another speculation, don't try using kanthal with temp control. From what I understand,
kanthal will not work with temp control. This is one reason I have avoided temp control,
economics. Kanthal is cheap and the others are not.

Right now Kanthal doesn't work in TC.

But Asolo and Kanger are trying to build boards so TC will work in TC.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm getting good hits, they are very moist but every time I press the fire button after I get done inhaling I hear sizzling then the burnt taste comes along. Like right now I'm still smoking on the nickel at the highest my mod goes and there is no problems. Just not enough vapor as there is with the .25.
I've seen other people suggest this, so I will too. Next time you have the nickel coil in, vape in front of a mirror so you can see the screen on your mod and watch what watts you are actually vaping at. Just because you set it at 75w does not mean that is what you're getting, if the TC kicks in.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't think I'm having trouble with the wicking. While I'm warming it up I am getting the bubbles to come up.
Are you not inhaling while you press the fire button? You need to have airflow moving over the coil whenever it is being fired, or you will burn your wicks.

Cookie0549

Feb 10, 2016
Right now Kanthal doesn't work in TC.

But Asolo and Kanger are trying to build boards so TC will work in TC.
Yea I'm not using TC mode with the .25 coil only the nickel because of the whole toxins that can come out when it's at a certain temp. Kinda nervous about that. Which is why I would like to only use the .25.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The LGDBHG21865 and the bottom is 0321K172A3 i don't know it's brown if that makes a difference.
Ok, that's an LG HG2 which has a 20A continuous discharge rating. I believe running a single battery at 75w is not advisable with a 20A battery, I think you need a 30A battery. Would hate for that battery to vent on you.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
See I'm still pretty new to this whole vape thing not too sure on what everything means. Don't know if u know the juice but I'm using the Ronin banzai with 3 nicotine. My buddy has the same tank but is using the snow wolf 200w and everything he is using I'm doing. And his seems to be working fine he has the same coil in for 3 weeks now. And he has no problems with running it at 70-85w. I don't know if it's acting up with mine because I'm running my mod at its highest potential at 75w.
That doesn't mean anything.

1. He may be running a thinner juice.
2. You may be chain vaping and he isn't.
3. His coil heads may not be crammed with too much cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread