Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've seen other people suggest this, so I will too. Next time you have the nickel coil in, vape in front of a mirror so you can see the screen on your mod and watch what watts you are actually vaping at. Just because you set it at 75w does not mean that is what you're getting, if the TC kicks in.

VERY GOOD ADVICE TERE BROTHER!

Cookie0549

Feb 10, 2016
That doesn't mean anything.

1. He may be running a thinner juice.
2. You may be chain vaping and he isn't.
3. His coil heads may not be crammed with too much cotton.
Nah he uses the same juice I use. And he is constantly taking hits. And it does it to all my .25 coils I used 4 different coils and the same keeps happening.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yea I'm sorry I have no idea what that means. lol can u dumb it up for me please. Lol
You battery is rated to provide a max continuous discharge of 20 Amps. Pulling more Amps from a battery than it is meant to supply can damage the battery, worst case scenario it starts venting hot toxic gas. Running a single 18650 battery at 75 watts, as you drain the voltage of the battery, can potentially pull up to 26 Amps.

Cookie0549

Feb 10, 2016
You battery is rated to provide a max continuous discharge of 20 Amps. Pulling more Amps from a battery than it is meant to supply can damage the battery, worst case scenario it starts venting hot toxic gas. Running a single 18650 battery at 75 watts, as you drain the voltage of the battery, can potentially pull up to 26 Amps.
Ok gotcha. Oh and I just checked what wattage the nickel was putting out in temp mode. And it's doing like 30 to 35 watts.

Reactions: Lessifer

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Yea I'm not using TC mode with the .25 coil only the nickel because of the whole toxins that can come out when it's at a certain temp. Kinda nervous about that. Which is why I would like to only use the .25.
Toxins??? what toxins? are you refering to nickle carbonate?? nickle carbonate is produced in an almost pure atmosphere of carbon monoxide... the carbon monoxide would do you in first...

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Yea I'm sorry I have no idea what that means. lol can u dumb it up for me please. Lol

That's a darn good battery. I use the LG HG2 batteries and Samsung25r batteries.

The HG2 has 3,000 mah of power but 25 ohms may be too low at 75 watts.

I am no battery safety expert but there are two battery experts here at ECF.

@Mooch @Baditude .

Check their blogs and posts. They can tell you all you need to know about battery safety. @suprtrkr is a great guy too.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Ok gotcha. Oh and I just checked what wattage the nickel was putting out in temp mode. And it's doing like 30 to 35 watts.
Ok, yeah, so start there at 35w on the kanthal coil, and slowly go up. Once you get to the burning taste or feel it coming close, back down a little bit.

If your buddy is used to lung hitting, it's possible he just pulls a lot more air in than you, keeping the coils that much cooler at higher wattage.

You may also want to check out this thread for tips
Uwell Crown

Reactions: Kaezziel

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Toxins??? what toxins? are you refering to nickle carbonate?? nickle carbonate is produced in an almost pure atmosphere of carbon monoxide... the carbon monoxide would do you in first...

Nickel is fine in Temperature Control mode. Bad news inbpower mife from the Nickel oxide when the coil gets too hot.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Ok, yeah, so start there at 35w on the kanthal coil, and slowly go up. Once you get to the burning taste or feel it coming close, back down a little bit.

If your buddy is used to lung hitting, it's possible he just pulls a lot more air in than you, keeping the coils that much cooler at higher wattage.

You may also want to check out this thread for tips
Uwell Crown
ABSOLUTELY PERFECT ADVICE. I knew I was forgetting something in the list of things that may be different between the two Crown attys.

Yes a MTL hit will not have near the airflow of a lung hit when someone is really ripping the inhale.

Cookie0549

Feb 10, 2016
ABSOLUTELY PERFECT ADVICE. I knew I was forgetting something in the list of things that may be different between the two Crown attys.

Yes a MTL hit will not have near the airflow of a lung hit when someone is really ripping the inhale.
I'm hitting it like just as hard as he is. And don't want to use the nickel coil would prefer to use the .25. Idk what it is I bought the tank probably like 4 weeks ago everything was fine I wasn't having any of these issues I was running the .25 coil at a wattage I'm trying to use now and it's not working out for me. These bad burnt taste started coming out of nowhere.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I have it like 1/4 closed. But mostly have it wide open.

That's good... you're getting enough airflow. The only other thing that you can do is to dial down the wattage. Just because the mod is capable of 75W, and the coil "says" it can handle that doesn't mean a thing. You still have to adjust and dial it in to what it can actually handle. I have a 75W mod as well, and I'm running 27.5W at the moment... because that's where the vapor/flavor have the best balance. I suggest that you set your wattage to 35-40 and give it a try.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Cookie0549

Feb 10, 2016
That's good... you're getting enough airflow. The only other thing that you can do is to dial down the wattage. Just because the mod is capable of 75W, and the coil "says" it can handle that doesn't mean a thing. You still have to adjust and dial it in to what it can actually handle. I have a 75W mod as well, and I'm running 27.5W at the moment... because that's where the vapor/flavor have the best balance. I suggest that you set your wattage to 35-40 and give it a try.
Ok I'll give that a try right now I'm out and only have my nickel coil. When I get back to my house I'll put a new coil in break it in and give it a try. But like I said before I don't get it because I used to have my wattage up that high and everything worked fine even my buddy has his up that high and he has the same coil in for 2 or 3 weeks now

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Ok I'll give that a try right now I'm out and only have my nickel coil. When I get back to my house I'll put a new coil in break it in and give it a try. But like I said before I don't get it because I used to have my wattage up that high and everything worked fine even my buddy has his up that high and he has the same coil in for 2 or 3 weeks now

Sometimes you just get lucky... the coils for my Target mod/tank can vary as well. I'm running 25-27.5W on this one, but a few coils back I was running 40-45W... same resistance... that happens with manufactured coils because there is always a slight difference in resistances, and definitely differences in how efficiently they are wicked.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
A few more tips:
Continue to draw for a second or two after you release the fire button.
If it starts to "feel dry" then close the airflow control ring and take a few pulls without firing. That will re-prime the coil/wick.

Also, what do you mean by "warming it up" when you were talking about priming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread