Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I despise politicians.
The thing that irritates me most with politicians is they always think they "have to do something". And the electorate often defines a successful politician by how much legislation they pass. This is so backwards.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Adam, having just looked at the map it appears you are only 30 miles away from the Alabama border. Is it an option to move operations there if GA shuts down vape shops (or makes it too difficult to operate profitably). And does this law differentiate producing from selling (produce in AL, sell in Newnan)?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
If you read the bill as written, no one in the state of Georgia can purchase e-liquids unless the e-liquid supplier is certified by the state of Georgia.
The key is "certified". I assume that means heavily taxed?

So this would affect your Georgia customers only? And ultimately the viability of HHV too, obviously.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
To answer your original question, step one is to stop this bill in it's tracks, if that's not possible, we are looking at every avenue that will allow us to move forward...
I know you are. And I know you have been expecting these kinds of things since the first day you opened for business. Which is right about four years to the day...right? Happy birthday HHV!

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The original website went live on Valentine's Day 2012...

With regards to HB 907, there are many road blocks that particularly hurt HHV. First of all, we custom mix each bottle to order. You cannot do that under this bill as 3 10ml samples must be preserved from each batch made and stored for 3 years for later random inspections of batches. That's just the first hurdle of many within the bill...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The original website went live on Valentine's Day 2012...

With regards to HB 907, there are many road blocks that particularly hurt HHV. First of all, we custom mix each bottle to order. You cannot do that under this bill as 3 10ml samples must be preserved from each batch made and stored for 3 years for later random inspections of batches. That's just the first hurdle of many within the bill...
I wonder if that was meant to intentionally hurt customizers or if they are simply ignorant of how the product is sold. Politicians have been known to be both calculating and ignorant so I don't know which it is with that provision.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
If you have benefitted from the wide variety of vapor products
Produced in and outside of Georgia....

I tried to send an email from the CASAA link, but this is what I get...says I'm out of the effected area, or something like that. I tried to say you are my favorite supplier and all that jazz, but it won't let me.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
This is what it said when I tried to submit the CASSA form and it does say,

If you have benefitted from the wide variety of vapor products produced in & outside of Georgia, you must TAKE ACTION NOW to defend your access.

Response after clicking submit,
We were unable to find recipients matching this address for the targets of this engagement. Please verify your address is correct if you believe this to be in error.

I think it would be of great help if they let ALL persons who have benefited from the products in and outside Georgia and not just those in the local area, especially if they see a vender who has international clients and distributes his/her wares world-wide!

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
We're known for North Carolina BBQ. Shredded pork with a vinegar-based bbq sauce (not red sauce) with a mound of cole slaw piled on top. Got these bbq joints all over the place. I'm not a fan.

Speaking as a former two-decade resident of KCMO . . . blech!!!! :eek: :p

KC BBQ, OTOH . . . . :drool::drool::drool:

When I lived in Richmond, VA back in the 80's, there was a local restaurant just back of my house that made real, honest-to-God Po Boys. :) With either oysters or clams, you choose!

I lived in the very north of Maine (Caribou) and lobster was $2 a pound. It was neeeeeeaaarly worth living there, but not really. LOL

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Mornin All....

1:52 am does qualify as morning correct??? ;)
the guys at corporate called me at 1:30 am all confused as to who has a package going to Covington La. for 7 am...
that package has been in my possesion since 4 pm and has been verified 2 times... ( once when processed and another when I took possesion)
this is gonna be a long day.... I also have a run to Mobile Al. for a delivery time at 5:30 pm which means I wont get home until somewhere around 8-830 pm

Users who are viewing this thread