RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I waffle back and forth on squonking. I bought a Reo, was getting into it and then for some unknown reason soured on it and sold the Reo. Now I'm wanting to get back into it. You get the benefits of a tank but the pure awesomeness of a dripper. I'll probably always have top fed drippers and a few tanks but I think I want to try transitioning to 85% squonking.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
They are so damn nice, and the perfect size. Plus all the different colors you can choose from. I don't mind the price for something I actually want but I think the shipping from Italy would kill me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
130ish euros isn't too bad. That's $145ish USD. Squonkers generally are around the price at the lowest.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
130ish euros isn't too bad. That's $145ish USD. Squonkers generally are around the price at the lowest.
I would do that for this in a heartbeat but there almost never in stock. And when they are they dissappear. I'm on there Facebook page but the only problem is most everyone is talking and it's not in English. Maybe I'll just wait it out for this instead of spending money on both down the road.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Paul's getting close to releasing his MyMod: Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Proposed price is $100. Red, blue, gunmetal, and aluminum.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. Pretty similar to the TMods and CC mods looks-wise but a much better price.

ETA: 10A fuse? Can it be run without the fuse? Not that I'm against safety but I'd probably be running a build that would be over 10A. Sorry if something's changed since the first page of that thread. 64 pages is a lot to get through quickly.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Every try a genny?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
No. The mesh turns me off. A few months back I started watching a bunch of genny stuff on YouTube and almost pulled the trigger on a Rocket R but I just don't know if I want to mess with mesh. I know I don't have to use mesh but if I'm gonna get a genny I want to build it the way it's intended to be built.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Oh yeah, forgot about those. Pretty similar to the TMods and CC mods looks-wise but a much better price.

ETA: 10A fuse? Can it be run without the fuse? Not that I'm against safety but I'd probably be running a build that would be over 10A. Sorry if something's changed since the first page of that thread. 64 pages is a lot to get through quickly.

This is where I show my ignorance (for today at least.) I believe it still has the fuse. I haven't seen anything about him removing it. My ignorance is what is the purpose of the fuse?

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
This is where I show my ignorance (for today at least.) I believe it still has the fuse. I haven't seen anything about him removing it. My ignorance is what is the purpose of the fuse?
I'm not an expert (or even close to it) at these things, but I'm assuming that the fuse prevents anything from pulling 10A or higher from the battery. Assuming here again, I'd imagine that would be some sort of protection against a hard short or just a "dangerous" build though that seems overly cautious. A .42 ohm build would pull 10A from a freshly charged battery. Not exactly the danger zone.

Reactions: 67Tele

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Reactions: 67Tele

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
No. The mesh turns me off. A few months back I started watching a bunch of genny stuff on YouTube and almost pulled the trigger on a Rocket R but I just don't know if I want to mess with mesh. I know I don't have to use mesh but if I'm gonna get a genny I want to build it the way it's intended to be built.

Honestly, mesh does have a bit of a learning curve but it gets easier the more you do it. After a month of fiddling with mesh I can set up a genny in under 20 minutes. Once you get it set up, you don't have to mess with it for weeks or even months depending on how often you use it, how often you dry burn and what kind of juice you're vaping.

I've been working my way up the VG scale as well and so far, even 80VG liquids wick perfectly in my In'ax and Sat22. I have some 85VG and 90VG liquids I will try when I'm feeling brave haha.

In the end, a genny has incredible flavor, can hold a ton of juice and requires less overall maintenance. Starting out it may be really frustrating but once you get that first good build in there, you're good for a long time and you'll have learned a lot. From there, it gets easier every time.

If you do have any interest in mesh, know that I will do whatever I can to help you get a good, reliable build.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
These look really nice as well, reminds me of the peko mod. But probly cheaper. Is there a site or list for them?

There's not a public list. PM Paul and ask to be put on the list. Gotta warn you though that although it looks like it's happening soon it may not be happening soon...hehe. So, no pre-hatch chicken counting.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Honestly, mesh does have a bit of a learning curve but it gets easier the more you do it. After a month of fiddling with mesh I can set up a genny in under 20 minutes. Once you get it set up, you don't have to mess with it for weeks or even months depending on how often you use it, how often you dry burn and what kind of juice you're vaping.

I've been working my way up the VG scale as well and so far, even 80VG liquids wick perfectly in my In'ax and Sat22. I have some 85VG and 90VG liquids I will try when I'm feeling brave haha.

In the end, a genny has incredible flavor, can hold a ton of juice and requires less overall maintenance. Starting out it may be really frustrating but once you get that first good build in there, you're good for a long time and you'll have learned a lot. From there, it gets easier every time.

If you do have any interest in mesh, know that I will do whatever I can to help you get a good, reliable build.
Much appreciated and I'll keep that in mind. I know that there's a new In'Ax coming out soonish so I was wondering if I should just save up and try to get that. But then I thought maybe I should get something like an RSST to learn with. It's cheap and will be like training wheels, if you will.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I think I might get the Griffin tank today, my local shop got them in and the hype is killing me! I've never had much luck with rta's (me not have luck? Nooo) so I'm worried I won't like it. I'm torn between this and the vcmt, I actually had them ring the vcmt up the one day and changed my mind last minute. That juice flow ring bothered me for some reason.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Yeah I'm leaning more towards a mech squonker. The one I really want is made in Italy and would cost a lot just to get it here, it is literally perfect for me and I love the design but it's always out of stock, it's the frankenskull box mod. It's beautiful. But to answer your question if I'm just getting this to see if I like squonking then I'm not picky about what it is or where it comes from.

I am surprised these have not been mentioned

The Smallest 18650 that I know of is the tiny one from T-Mods. I think he calls it a micro. But it does not fit your price range.

Small but not as small as the Tmod and inexpesive is the PEKO. Live Wire Mods has kits and already built ones

Reactions: HeiSINberg

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I think I might get the Griffin tank today, my local shop got them in and the hype is killing me! I've never had much luck with rta's (me not have luck? Nooo) so I'm worried I won't like it. I'm torn between this and the vcmt, I actually had them ring the vcmt up the one day and changed my mind last minute. That juice flow ring bothered me for some reason.

The Griffin performs really well. Flavor is up there with most of my drippers. I know that's heresy in dripper circles to claim that a tank can match a dripper for flavor but IMO it does. I usually have bad luck with wicking RTAs but haven't had a problem with this one or the 30mm BFT. I'm also tempted by the VCMT but, hell, I'm tempted by most vaping gear that I lay eyes on if I'm being honest.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
The Smallest 18650 that I know of is the tiny one from T-Mods. I think he calls it a micro.

Small but not as small as the Tmod and inexpesive is the PEKO. Live Wire Mods has kits and already built ones
I was looking at the pikos actually but the already built ones are out of stock right now. And I'd love a tmod, he does awesome work but aren't they really expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread