Not open for further replies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I'm always up for hearing about attys
Well, I mostly got it cause I liked the first version and the guy literally made every aspect about the first one better in the second version. The only con I would comment on is that the posts are pretty far apart, but I personally like big coils with a lot of wraps so it doesn't bother me as much. But small coils are gonna have a problem in this, things like Claptons or fused Claptons would shine in the MGNT 1.5. The ease of this rda is ridiculous, the magnet top is what I really fell in love with about the first version, that and the top air flow so you can really drip as much as you want. The cloud chasers will love this atty, while I feel it's geared towards them in a way I think the flavor is still great, imo.

Another reason I got this was that while my solstice rda was out of commission I wanted another 2 post rda to play around with and I actually like the MGNT 1.5 way better then the solstice anyway. It's not a looker no, but if you love big coils, 2 posts, large well, top air flow, and a top cap that's silly easy to use you shouldn't pass this up. Sorry I didn't take any other pics then these before time.
28154e8f26a54801477de48600c76b30.jpg
11e12764ab9015b7fa497c86f0fa9620.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Thanks!

I like the looks of it and I'm curious about the magnet thing as well as their aversion to vowels.
Hahaha no problem. It really is a nice rda for the price, 50$ I couldn't pass it up. Plus that top cap is what makes this atty, without it it probly wouldn't be so special I'll be honest. Once you've had one with a magnet top like this you'll wish all your other rda's had them as well. Plus with the new version it comes with a delrin tip that screws into the top cap and he sells a 510 drip tip adapter separately online as well.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Oh that's nice too! What's the difference in the mini and the low profile? I couldn't find it.

Mini? The Reo Mini 2.1 uses the 18490/18500 battery but only has a 3ml bottle in it. That was my first Reo and was traded to someone for a grand within a week of getting it. I was ok with the 18500 but 3ml was just not enough liquid on board. The grand I linked you is a tumbled grand, (18650/6ml), but its not tumbled as long as the standard TRA grand and the finish is a little more rough feeling.

Low profile means it will accept all size atty's where the standard will only fit 14mm and smaller....

Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Not to steer away from the thread I just wanted to say everyone in here that recommended I talk to kidney puncher about my solstice was completely right, and thank you! The guy I talked to was so cool and understanding, he tested the last 2 solstices in stock the same way I did and is sending it to me once I send mine back. He said he'd rather deal with N8Mods then have one of there customers get the run around from them. Now that's customer service! Thanks again guys.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Not to steer away from the thread I just wanted to say everyone in here that recommended I talk to kidney puncher about my solstice was completely right, and thank you! The guy I talked to was so cool and understanding, he tested the last 2 solstices in stock the same way I did and is sending it to me once I send mine back. He said he'd rather deal with N8Mods then have one of there customers get the run around from them. Now that's customer service! Thanks again guys.

That's awesome, I'm glad things worked out for you in the long run. None of this should've ever happened but mistakes happen all the time and all that really matters in the end is that you were taken care of and got what you paid for.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
That's awesome, I'm glad things worked out for you in the long run. None of this should've ever happened but mistakes happen all the time and all that really matters in the end is that you were taken care of and got what you paid for.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
Agreed. It's just nice to see there's some companies out there that do care, and that's apparent with them. Although N8Mods tried in the beginning it's the finish that matters and as fast as they came into my vaping experience they went out even faster.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014

Glad it worked out for you. The fact that N8Mods essentially treated you like you were lying is unacceptable.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
@HeiSINberg - I'm really, really, really wanting one of those Frankenskull Mods now. So thanks for bringing them to our attention. It is now my mission to acquire one.
The guy on the nar mods group messaged me and said he works at the shop that are the direct sellers of frankenskull mods and he said there getting more in in about 2 weeks. Hopefully he's right.

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The guy on the nar mods group messaged me and said he works at the shop that are the direct sellers of frankenskull mods and he said there getting more in in about 2 weeks. Hopefully he's right.

I'll be keeping an eye out for that. Did you join the Frankenskull FB group?

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes sir! Makes me wish I could understand Italian lol just in case there talking about something important.

Sometimes I have the option to see a translation but not always. That's a pretty darn reasonable price for the mod as well. $155ish is less than a Reo and they look much nicer.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Sometimes I have the option to see a translation but not always. That's a pretty darn reasonable price for the mod as well. $155ish is less than a Reo and they look much nicer.
Yes they definitely do and the size of them?! My god. It's like my perfect mod. I want that purple one but at this point I'm not gonna be picky.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I took a look at the Frankenskull you guys are salivating over and other than being a delrin BF device, nothing special about it at all. In fact, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact they are using the square soy bottles that quite a few people have used in their Reo Mini 2.1's. The jury came back on those real quick as a very high percentage blew the side seam out of them and filled the inside of their device with liquid... Interesting they would be using these since they have been used and rejected by the BF community!! There are a couple people that still use them and put up with the failure and leaking, but most have abandoned them for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread