Does anyone still vape like they smoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
What stumped me the most about vaping when i started was how do i know when to stop.

When i lit a cigarette i smoked it until it i notice it got close to the end or if i didn't notice burnt my fingers. Then about an hour later i smoked another until that was gone.

When i had my first go on basic starter kit with a CE4 i thought this is great! but it doesn't burn down like a cigarette so i have no clue when my vaping session should end.

For some reason this still bugs me to this day. So i've come to the conclusion i am trying to vape like i smoked

Reactions: NoFumus

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
When I quit smoking the stinkies, I was lighting one off the .... of the last one. It was terrible for my health, but saved me money on lighters. :lol: I still vape the same way. Pretty much non-stop. The biggest difference is when I smoked, I lit one before I got out of bed and took it literally into the shower with me. Now, I wait til I get in the truck to go to work in the morning before I vape.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
So you pretty much vape like you smoked then too.

I've gone as far as imagining how many drags i used to take to consume an average sized cigarette or how long it would have taken me to smoke one and i vape for that amount of time or take that many tokes on whatever i'm vaping.

This is sounding way to OCD now so i'll shut up :)

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
When I first started vaping, I was using 24mg juice. I used the symptoms of a mild nic OD as a sign to put it down for a few minutes. I'm down to 3 mg now and it's kinda hard to get to that point, so I just try to put my mod down when I think about it. I find that if I keep my hands occupied, I can forget to vape for an hour or more pretty easily.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I smoked a cigarette about once an hour when I could. The campus at work was smoke-free, so that was always a challenge for at least 8 hours. Hard candy was my go to for work to get me through the shift.

Now that I'm not working, I pretty much vape as much and as frequently as I want. I guess I've become a chain vaper. I'm living at my brother's home, who doesn't smoke or vape, and quite frankly forbids me to vape around him. I either vape outdoors or in my bedroom with the door closed.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Well, pretty much. When I lit up a 60 gauge Robusto or Grand Toro, I blew clouds bro. LOL
And I had no problem doing the relight. Ya, they say its nasty and it`ll taste bad, but Id let them sit overnight and finish them off in the morning. RE: Id smoke until I`d had my fill and let them go out, and come back to them. I vape just like this too, I vape until Iv had my fill and then set them down, and come back in a hour or two, or whatever works. Sometimes I`m busy and I wont touch it for 5-6 hours if I have something important to do.

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Yes I do too. I was a pipe smoker, so when I'm sitting chilling out or reading I like to fit a long drip tip so that I have a "Reading Vape" ( pipemen call a Churchwarden pipe a "Reading Pipe" ); when smoking at work got banned I used to keep a small bowled pipe for breaks - now I use a Mutation X V3 Dripper the same way...and yes when I go out my old tobacco pouch is stuffed with as much gear as it was in the smoking days! The pattern of my smoking from first thing in the morning to last thing at night has been faithfully taken over to vaping.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
What stumped me the most about vaping when i started was how do i know when to stop.

When i lit a cigarette i smoked it until it i notice it got close to the end or if i didn't notice burnt my fingers. Then about an hour later i smoked another until that was gone.

When i had my first go on basic starter kit with a CE4 i thought this is great! but it doesn't burn down like a cigarette so i have no clue when my vaping session should end.

For some reason this still bugs me to this day. So i've come to the conclusion i am trying to vape like i smoked

When i first started it was easy to know when to stop , since i didn't know what nicotine percentage was right for me i stopped when i found myself sweating profusely and twitching on the floor .

Nowadays i just vape because it's sitting in front of me , just something to do more than craving a vape.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I vape the way I smoked before all the indoor restrictions. The most striking thing about switching from smoking to vaping is how much more relaxed I am in general. I didn't mind the indoor restrictions. In fact, in recent years before I switched I didn't smoke indoors at home. But the restrictions did nothing to reduce my daily cigs, more likely the opposite. There is a puff timer on my evic vtc mini so I'm learning my day to day vaping is consistant. The ml's don't change much either. That consistancy was in my smoking too.

Reactions: Falconeer

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I do a lot of work from my home office so I pretty much had one burning almost constantly (hence the 2+ packs a day). Now I have a mod sitting there. I just hit it when I feel like hitting it. I had a puff counter on my MVP2 that I looked at a few times when I started. I usually ran anywhere from 800-1000 puffs a day on that using Evods and 18mg juice. I really don't now how many I do now. And I don't care. I'm comfortable with my Kayfuns and 6-10ml juice and my office doesn't stink anymore.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Hmm, never really thought about in those terms.

I definitely spend a lot more time on vaping than i ever did on smoking. Organizing gear, building, filling liquid, washing gear, time on forums, reading about vaping legislation and advocacy etc ....

My vaping action is pretty similar to my smoking days ( tighter draw, 2.5 to 3 seconds, mouth to lung ), but i do it more often. 110,000 hand to mouth motions per year when smoking, compared to about about 255,000 now with vaping. I think of it as burning more calories. I'm also fidgeting more in order to burn some extra calories.

Sammcknight

Feb 7, 2016
Hello all. I am new to this, I have been vaping for about 6 months and a friend told me about this site. I don't know a lot about forums or vaping but I am learning both. If you don't mind I would like to join in and say that I vape less than I smoked, but I find myself doing it more and more often the more I get into it, so I believe that it will get to be more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread